Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CYA AAA HOCKEY

Hex 1

i said this because modano have about no loft..so if you wanna get the puck higher...you have to get some kind of technique...if not your shot will always stay low...IMO a heel curve give you a better ''sweet spot'' so you can put the puck where you whant if you have the technique

In my area(Montreal),everybody who use Lidstrom are people in house league or defenseman that only do wristshot because their slap shot goes always up the net...they are all happy because they can lift the puck easily!

Comparisons to a Drury and a Lidstrom possible ponty? I'd go out and look myself, but I doubt anywhere regional will have them anytime soon. It looks like a mixture, and looks bigger than what I expected.

i need to change my technique, when i take a slap shot with my modano it goes over the net mostly. (i take them near the blue line.)

ok how are you pulling that off with a modano? I dont think i ever put a shot over the net using a modano, most of my shots with it where low or mid net.

Comparisons to a Drury and a Lidstrom possible ponty? I'd go out and look myself, but I doubt anywhere regional will have them anytime soon. It looks like a mixture, and looks bigger than what I expected.

As far as using the two patterns? Dont know as I have only used Drury type of patterns. I do have a Belanger XN10 which is very close to a Lidstrom. Ill try that one out sometime soon.

i need to change my technique, when i take a slap shot with my modano it goes over the net mostly. (i take them near the blue line.)

ok how are you pulling that off with a modano?

Simple, keep your weight on your back foot, put your bottom hand too low, follow throught to high or keep the face open.

Thats why 60% of the NHL uses Drury's

How do you know that?

I don't think he was specifying that statistic as exact, but it is factual that a large number of pro stock blades are Drury-ish in their pattern.

Post #500..and there is much rejoicing...YAY!

How do you know that?

I don't think he was specifying that statistic as exact, but it is factual that a large number of pro stock blades are Drury-ish in their pattern.

HUGE LOFTS! I wouldn't be suprised if that number wasn't actually higher.

I use Modo's and clones and I have the same result with mine. All my shots go high. I can pick top corner off, and some go high over the net. I was told I'm not turning my wrists over enough. I definately hold the shaft way low, so ur right on that Chadd. I don't feel like I get enough butter on my shot if I don't though.

How do you know that?

Post #500..and there is much rejoicing...YAY!

I could be wrong, but I kinda remember Guru saying something a long time ago on EMB about how many NHLers use the Drury or a similar variation. 60% seems to be around the right number.

The Ribeiro looks much bigger in a real picture than it did in the catalog. In the catalog I thought it almost looked like a Larionov pro, something with less curve than a Modano. This is definitely a pleasant surprise.

ok how are you pulling that off with a modano?

Simple, keep your weight on your back foot, put your bottom hand too low, follow throught to high or keep the face open.

In other words, shoot wrong.

Remember folks, your shoot will go wherever you follow through.

I just saw and held the HEX-1 it felt so wonderfully balanced in my hands and comes in 2 curves similar to the curves i already use(hull=lindros, elias=modano) Can't wait for my next payday :D

Shit, I can't tell if I like the curve or not from that angle since its not dead on, and the profile looks weird. Its such a nice feeling stick though..................

I just saw and held the HEX-1 it felt so wonderfully balanced in my hands and comes in 2 curves similar to the curves i already use(hull=lindros, elias=modano) Can't wait for my next payday :D

Hull = Iginla

Is the curve bigger than the Drury?

It's deeper but not really a bigger overall curve.

I just saw and held the HEX-1 it felt so wonderfully balanced in my hands and comes in 2 curves similar to the curves i already use(hull=lindros, elias=modano) Can't wait for my next payday  :D

Hull = Iginla

yeah i know, but the iginla is fairly close to the lindros atleast in the easton patterns.

I hate to buy something without seeing it, from the pictures it looks very lidstromish.

Pictures can be misleading. Its similar to the Drury but with a bit less loft and curve. Its nothing like the Lidstrom.

I think it will be a very popular pattern for guys who like lofts.