Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ktang

What would you like to improve most?

I need help on all the skills, but I'm also trying to get use to talking out there. I know it can help a lot, and I think about it when I'm on the bench, but when I get on the ice I can't speak!! Perhaps I should work on a "I'm open, pass it to me!" sound?

How about:

Hey!

Yeah!

Here!

Pass it to me, please? Prettty please??

:)

JJ

My personal favorite is the big slur of words that end up sounding like abbagjbnjkahgPUCK!!PUCK!!aghsgnhaga and still get the same point across.

I would like to grow 6 inches <_<

Similarly, I wish I had a bigger wingspan, too.

Puck handling (fakes and deeks)

Passing.

I"m in a league that just has games, I have no time to practice on the ice. Waiting for the Sat morning clinics to open up again in my area. I wish the rink had open ice for the Adult Hockey players to just come out and work on thier own.

Wow. Where do I start?

Obviously, I would like to see some improvement in every aspect of my game. But, I do feel as though, at my skill level, I could probably play Junior A this season and do fairly well. Unfortunately, I am nowhere near as big as I would need to be to endure an entire season at that level. I've worked my ass off all summer, and have gained a few pounds, and have seen significant improvement in certain areas of my on-ice play, but at about 150 lbs. (soaking wet), I'm not really sure how long I could survive at that level.

I'll be playing AAA this season before, hopefully, catching on with a Junior organization (probably a team outside the local OPJAHL). If I don't start gaining weight within the next two months or so, I'm definitely going to be hitting-up the supplements, and probably some Creatine.

Practice-Player syndrome is somehting I've got to get rid of. I think I need to be stronger mentally as well. Of course, there's always improving your hockey sense and stuff like that.

What the heck is Practise-Player syndrome?

By the way :

1)Skating, always first on my list

2)Stickhandling, esspecially deking goalies

3)Reading play, how I work on this I have no clue.

4)Snap Shot and Wrister

5)Phisical Play

Sniper94

haha, i need to improve on everything.

most of all though, i'd like to improve on my speed/agility/quickness forwards backwards and sideways (especially sideways, for 1 on 1s or 2 on 1s to get into position). i'd also like to get stronger, i'm heavy for how tall i am, but laying around this summer has done much to my midsection and not much else <_< . i also need to get more intense, a lot of times, i find myself just cruising in games, which is the exact opposite of what i need

What the heck is Practise-Player syndrome?

when you own up in practice/screw-around but can't do anything similar in a game situation

Now that I know what that is, I probably have the worst case of that ever. :D That would also be something I really need to work on.

I want to improve on the michigan move. Can't even get it to face up on my forehand.

seriously I want to improve on my endurance. Working the pounds off and getting into strength training again.

More agility darting and such with my oversized skates. (working on buying new ones).

More power moves to the net where I can fend off the defender with one hand. Never really tried that. Don't want to offend the guy with a stiff arm to the chops.

Maybe some more one on one moves and some acceleration and cross over acceleration like the NHL guys.

oh yeah the toe drag... can never find the right moment to execute one and maybe longer shots on net.

I need improvement in all the major areas but these the most:

1. Finishing scoring chances

2. Defensive zone awareness

3. Balance (I'm pretty big but I seem to get knocked down a lot)

4. Slapper

5. Face offs

I welcome all advice, I'm not proud and I want to improve.

To be very honest...I need help with everything, however off the "ice" I am working on my phisique right now (trying to stay the same weight, but increase muscle mass and lower body fat %) in three weeks I start work on my max strength and aerobic/anaerobic systems. In terms of on the "ice" I am seeing drastic improvements of my read and recognition of the game, my slapshot has finaly started to come around, my other shots are starting to increase in both accuracy and velocity. (I think it has alot to do with me stepping up the skill level I play against, it always pays to play with and against players that are better than you). The think I need the most improvement in is my discipline...I get too emotional when I take cheap shots and I react too aggressively. I also need help with my skating stride, I get upright when i start to fatigue...not good...any help?

Mainly my acceleration. I have a great top speed, but it takes a bit to get there. I think dropping 10 pounds of fat (which I could easily do) would help ALOT with this. I have a very solid frame right now and if I dropped the 10 pounds I would be able to bench my own weight, a goal of mine. Other than that I just need to keep my head up. I've always got the "you've got the brains and the hands kid, but not the skating" and I know my acceleration is where I hurt the most.

My biggest frustration is lack of finishing ability. I find I can get into alot of scoring situations but can't get that red light as often as I'd like. A lot of shots at the goalie's chest / pads and dekes boxed out.