Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stampede

Flex for Roller on the Easton Scale?

Using the Easton scale, what flex do you use for Roller? Please put you height and weight if possibile?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've used the TPS Regular for a while.

Bought an 85 Synergy.... now I've had enough of one pieces and at £150 at time in the UK the blades whear too quick not taping.

So I've gone back to a z bubble with a Sherwood 1050 blade.... it's also 85 but feels a lot whippier than the Synergy.

Just wondered what flex all ya'll out there used for roller?

I prefer an 85 flex. I have tried a 100 and 110 flex...way to stiff for me. All of my sticks are 85 flex, with the exception of my cyclone, which is a 95 flex, but it still feels OK.

hey, i play in the UK too, do you play ball or puck? and for which team?

i have always used X-stiff tps shafts or 100 flex easton. but since i got my stealth in 100 flex i prefer that. its a lot flexier than the standard synergies or shafts. so i might move down to a 85/95 shaft next time!

6 foot 210

I had a R2XN10(100 flex) cracked the shaft

Then bought a Response plus prostock Blake so i guess 100 or a little bit higher not that much tho

Ash 96

I play senior hockey for the Stampede out of BIPHA central. We don't win much, always finish mid table, but Central is a strong league. When you get to my age, I only play to have a laugh and a beer with the lads.

Have played ball and puck over the years but with the developments up here, only playing puck now. Don't want to turn this into a puck or ball thing, but puck is a far smoother game. Ball just seems to be turn over after turn over and the close games seem to be decided on a mistake or bad bounce, rather than a piece of quality play like you get in puck on the bigger rinks like Queens Road.

Who do you play for and what age group/ball/puck?

6'0, 180 lbs

Innovative 420 flex (although I want to give a TPS whip a try)

I've always wanted to try a real whippy stick, but i don't want to risk wasting money on something i may not like. I should have test driven one of those inno shafts i picked up for you cds :) .

I play Junior and senior Ball for the Oxford blues. the reason i prefer ball is that its faster. ive found in puck, you can slow it down loads, but in ball, you have to keep it moving more, and have to always be ready to switch to D because you can shoot/score/break out, from anywhere.

but thats all just my opinion. i quite like puck, and have nothing against it. hopefully joining a puck team this year, but yeah if u guys ever fancy a friendly give me a shout, were always looking for friendlies. what we do a lot is, we'll come to you and play puck, then u guys can come to us and play ball. we're an all ball team, none of us actually play puck.

so if you're up for it, give me a PM

Ash 96