Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

Righthanded or lefthanded shot?

Side you shoot from? Area you live?  

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't quite find this poll in the search. I've seen polls asking whether people shoot the same direction as their dominant hand, but I want to know whether there are regional tendencies.

I've heard Canadians tend to be 60/40 LH to RH, while Americans tend to be 60/40 RH to LH. But that could be just a myth. Also, I'm curious if Europeans tend to choose one direction more than another.

So, please mark which direction you shoot, plus your region. For non-Europeans or non-North Americans, you can just choose "Better Half" as your region.

I play hockey right handed and live in the US, but the wierd thing is is that I am half and half lefty and righty. I throw, bowl and write left handed but play tennis, hockey, and hit in baseball all righty

Canadians tend to be 60/40 LH to RH, while Americans tend to be 40/60 RH to LH

Just stating that your ratios are exactly the same, but I'm sure people knew what you meant. BTW I'm right-handed and American.

I'm a righty and i shoot righty, but i didnt seem to see Australia in the poll ;) ..

We arn't that far down under, are we ?

left handed and shoot right from canada....i think 85% of the time...if your best hand is the left you will shoot right if it the right handed then ou will shoot left...

as a stat...i'm doing a camp for a hockey team...on 50 if my memory serve me...i heard the coach saying they were 7 right handed...

I play hockey right handed and live in the US, but the wierd thing is is that I am half and half lefty and righty. I throw, bowl and write left handed but play tennis, hockey, and hit in baseball all righty

Exact same as you except tennis.

Canadians tend to be 60/40 LH to RH, while Americans tend to be 40/60 RH to LH

Just stating that your ratios are exactly the same, but I'm sure people knew what you meant. BTW I'm right-handed and American.

Doh! :o

Shoot left, write with my right hand, golf right, kick left, throw left/ catch right - but when I played goal in hockey I caught with my left hand :angry:, bat left, bowl right. I'm all over the place.

RH, everything righty.

Grew up and live in Germany, Europe.

In Germany the righty ration is 15% at best. Nothing but lefties here.

I've read somewhere that US-americans are over-proportionally righty because they grow up with other batting sports (baseball) that teach them to bat right. No idea if it's true.

What's the better half? :rolleyes:

I'm a righty, same as WHBD... unless it's half of connecticut or something. :P

Yeah, I write left handed, and everything else is righthanded. But I can hit switch in baseball and get about the same batting average. (.000) ;)