Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

RBK 9k Pump skate

No, the skate is being prepped for a custom radius.  That mark is dead center of the blade.

It looks more like the center of gravity or balance point. Obviously we can't measure exactly from the pic but it isn't the mid-point of the steel in terms of length.

That's why they call it a custom radius - dead center can be anywhere.

I understand the concept of a custom radius but using the term "dead center" without qualification implies distance and not center of gravity or balance point.

I hope they make a middle of the line version of the pump....for the people without a lot of disposable income.

that would be nice...i hope they do too. If not i'm still getting a pair, i think they will be worth it.

I saw the 9K in person on Thursday and they are definitely nice. From what the rep said, they fit exactly like 8K's and should be available around Christmas.

The old 752 pumps where great skates but I can't see me pumping out another six to seven bills for a pair of these puppies. As much as I'd like to jump at the chance I'll stick to my Pro Tacks.

so the question is how many hae 9k pumps and how many are in 8k's they like with a pump that doesn't work on the outside?

So these aren't available yet, and I can understand how pros can get ahold of them this early, but I saw a 16 y/o guy wearing them today in a an annual Swedish tournament for regional teams (TV-pucken), the game was on TV so I got a pretty good view of them during a faceoff. So that made me wonder where HE got them from as I'm pretty sure he's not sponsored by Rbk at that age.

I really enjoyed the Tacks pump I had a few years back, if I would of known I would of waited before buying my Vector's Pro. :o

sweet, this should make the vector pro's drop in $$$!!!

It should have no direct effect on the Vector pro, it's a different line of skates. I wouldn't be surprised if there is an overhaul of the vector line for next year though in any case.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is an overhaul of the vector line for next year though in any case.

I just saw my THC rep today. He confirmed a new Vector skate line for Spring 06. The RBK Pump will be out by December, as well. I did not see a sample of the RBK Pump skate.