Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

RBK 9k Pump skate

For all those who are saying those are your next skate, would you care to say why? Some of you had experience with the tack pumps so I can definitly understand your desire for these, but what about everyone else?

Honest answers please, what makes you want these skates?

Because it's my money.

When the first pump skates came out I couldn't get them because they were too expensive! :o Everybody wanted a pair, whether they fit or not.

Hopefully, not this time around for my son. But if they are priced like the rumoured Bauer One90 price, no way!

Good marketing by RBK/CCM! JR, thanks for the closeups.

jjtt99 was asking why the pump didn't stick around: The tongue bladders used to blow up or leak after a while on the old ones. Guys would be in the middle of a sharp turn or hard stop, and all of a sudden the fit would be all loose.

I'm curious about why they don't have the pump on basketball shoes anymore.

The ONE90 will be aorund $600, not the numbers that people are throwing around.

If that's US$600, it's the price point that I had in mind as being too high! Maybe if they had, say, a Two90, without the factory tour and the almost-custom fitting :D .

If that's US$600, it's the price point that I had in mind as being too high! Maybe if they had, say, a Two90, without the factory tour and the almost-custom fitting :D .

Way too high. But I'm sure a couple local kids will get them and brag about how much they conned their parents into paying.

Way too high. But I'm sure a couple local kids will get them and brag about how much they conned their parents into paying.

i disagree. i'd hate to throw in the clichéd example of ops's but i'm sure bauer has done their research (they are part of nike, the marketing kings) and they believe there is a market for skates that expensive. i think it's too much but i'm sure tehre are people who think paying $100 extra is worth the "performance" one90's offer.

i disagree. i'd hate to throw in the clichéd example of ops's but i'm sure bauer has done their research (they are part of nike, the marketing kings) and they believe there is a market for skates that expensive. i think it's too much but i'm sure tehre are people who think paying $100 extra is worth the "performance" one90's offer.

I'm talking about my local market. I see what players buy and use and out of the 450 kids that play or practice at my rink, a whopping total of 3 have Vapor XXX. I've seen a few others in my area but not many at all. I have seen 0 RBK 8ks and no G series Grafs, so it's not just Bauer. I have seen a lot of pro tacks but they're all 2004s that people just bought online.

I was going to get Synergys again or the 8k in November.But I think I might be able to

wait to get these.I might try out the one90, but I would only get those if they fit perfectly.And my parents dont pay full for my skates,I have to pay half or 3/4's of the final cost.

has anyone got a picture of this one90 skate?

If they're being kept locked in a case for the pro's to try them out, I highly doubt people are going to get some flash photography of these puppies easily.

back to the pumps...I loved my old 752 kevlar tacks with the ankel pump for the reasons already listed. Also, those old skates were tanks! (in both durability and weight :D ). Anyways, I'd be interested in the new pumps if they came on any of the mid-range price point skates, and if they fit me alright.....but NOT because of crosby or any hype.

time for JR to send more of his goons on a G14 mission... :unsure:

I sure JR has seen what they looked like by now. He said he has more info ,but cant tell us yet.

I wonder what the double-secret code is for the case holding the skates...maybe, 1-2-3-4-5????

:o That's the same combination on my luggage! ;)

(shute @ Sep 16 2005, 02:59 PM)

has anyone got a picture of this one90 skate?

JR posted some in the thread about them

JR y didnt you just mark the PC on the blade instead of the holder also wheres the BFC and HC?

those skates look sick, freakin reps gettin me 8ks i want these now