Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

powerball

socks or barefoot?

Barefoot, no under armour or any kind of that stuff. Feels so much better.

I just bought some used grafs that I've wanted to go barefoot in. I've lysol'd 'em but I'm still a lil wary about going bare in used skates. Prolly a moot point cuz I'm sure disease can go through a pair of Hanes but what do you guys think about going bare in used skates?

I've done it, but you might wanna disinfect it some more.

barefoot, my skates smell like hell (I've found slimy bacteria on the soles), but your feet feel much better connected to the skates . i tried wearing those oxysocks and my feet were simply feeling slippery, no grip

I saw it mentioned a couple of times about skating barefoot and longevity of the skate - what exactly, is the correlation here? I've never experienced skate deteriorating that fast from skate barefoot and that is how I have skated since I was like 10 I think...

Moisture literally breaks down the skate from the inside out. Skating barefoot is really a bad idea if you like your skates at all.

Im also a barefeet guy and luckily i got an S15 where it doesnt matter that much cause its a composite boot.

for the guys that go barefoot, i suppose that you at least hang the skates upside down and take out the footbed after every skate, right?

for the guys that go barefoot, i suppose that you at least hang the skates upside down and take out the footbed after every skate, right?

Of course. I also got those holes in the footbed, but sometimes i think it doesnt even help to get some air flow while drying... but they are hanging in my basement where obviously isnt any breeze.

I go barefoot as well, and definitely take out the footbeds.

Thats the nice thing about not having central A/C-heating. I put my skates upside down with the fan on, on top of the a/c-heating unit, and they are dry in about 2 hours (and don't smell). I do that with my gloves as well.

my bed is next to the radiator, which makes a little gap in which i can fit my skated in so that they are upside down. dries them very well, and there is little to no smell.

I'm also a barefoot skater and my mom despises me for it. There's nothing i can do to get rid of the smell and anything that comes in contact with my skates then smells just as bad.

I'm also a barefoot skater and my mom despises me for it. There's nothing i can do to get rid of the smell and anything that comes in contact with my skates then smells just as bad.

It's all in how you care for your skates. I skate barefoot and have virtually no smell at all. I spray them with funk free then air dry them after every use and I have no problems at all.

just started barefoot, its awesome. my skates had just a tad too little volume and IMO loosing the socks has helped with that.