Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

powerball

socks or barefoot?

No socks for me. I've gone barefoot for about 10 years, in part because my skates were way too tight with socks on (I like really snug boots). I got used to it, I like the feeling that you have more control of the boot, and I live with the smell. Unfortunately for my teammates, they do too.

my inlines smell worse than my ice. I go barefoot. Never had a real problem with my feet getting blisters, except in missions. They killed my feet until I broke them in. My wife loves how bad my feet stink after a game. Never forget your skates in the back seat of your car when it is a sunny hot day. That smell will linger.

"It's goona stink every last piece of it

and if it doesnt you must not be playing hard enough.

We Think it should be such an unreal, horrible smell that your mom won't let you keep your bag in the garage.

Yep, that bad.

But you know what?

There is great beauty to be found in the rank, nasty, pungent, funk or it all.

Know why? Sure you do.

CAUSE IT' THE SMELL OF HOCKEY!!!!!"

My wife found this on the net somewhere.

I always wear socks. I've tried no socks because I forgot some socks but other then that its 100% socks. I wear the Knee High socks, mostly because i like the thin feeling of them and I used to get rash's from my shin pads. I have the Synergy socks and alot of pairs of the UA socks. Synergy socks I have, have a little

"gripper" on the bottom so your foot doesn't slide around.

i was thinking about using soccer socks since i have so many laying around. anyone tried that?

i was thinking about using soccer socks since i have so many laying around. anyone tried that?

I wear soccer socks with my skates. They're pretty thick and they come up to the bottom of my knees, so it can get pretty hot with the shinpads and pants over it. The fit's fine though.

Anyone know if there are any cheap knockoffs of the Easton/Nike/UA socks? Like Champion's cheap stuff at Target?

i always went barefoot in canada but last year in europe i went barefoot in one of those "half-outdoor" arenas (just a roof covering the ice surface and no walls" and i soon became a fan of socks

ever since i started skating i wore socks, but i decided to give skating barefoot a try to see what all the hype was about. i like it better than socks because my feet actualy feel like they are stuck to the skate since there is no sock, and you get a better feel for the ice. i think its similar to hockey gloves. when you take shots with them on, you barely feel anything just because of the thin palm layer. i have a pair of vapor xxx's, and skating barefoot in them doesnt bother me at all really. the only problem i have is the top of my pinky toe and the toe next to it rub on the side of the toecap, but it doesnt cause any blistering or anything. just that burning feeling. it's all personal preference though. just skate with whatever feels better for you.

I wear some Coolmax liner-type crew-length socks I got from REI. I tried going sockless once a few months back but the top of my skate boot wound up cutting into my ankles and put me out of commission for a few days.

This past weekend, I was out of town and got to play a drop-in game but left my socks back home. I skated in some ankle-length socks thinking I'd be fine, but am regretting not bringing my regular socks now, since my left ankle is cut and pissed at me again--and I have a game tomorrow night.

I haven't heard anybody else with this problem, so I must be the exception rather than the rule, but I'm sticking with socks.

I play with socks, i played once barefoot, didnt notice a small pebble on my foot until I got on the ice, then the whole game was a sore because that one pebble kept digging in

ive heard that not wearing socks ruins the interior of your skates?

anyone?

Wearing socks will lower the stink factor, keep the materials from premature break down and also lengthen the life of your rivets.

Skating barefoot is much harder on your skates than wearing even a thin pair of socks is. Any type of sock will absorb some of the moisture from your feet and keep it from entering your boots.

ive always skated with socks, but i will try playing barefoot once atleast, and if i like it i might actually continue

Just bought my first ice skates in December, and i find i cant get a good grip inside my skates (if that makes any sense) with socks. I feel like my feet slip around. But for roller, deff wear socks.

I just bought some used grafs that I've wanted to go barefoot in. I've lysol'd 'em but I'm still a lil wary about going bare in used skates. Prolly a moot point cuz I'm sure disease can go through a pair of Hanes but what do you guys think about going bare in used skates?

I saw it mentioned a couple of times about skating barefoot and longevity of the skate - what exactly, is the correlation here? I've never experienced skate deteriorating that fast from skate barefoot and that is how I have skated since I was like 10 I think...