Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

powerball

socks or barefoot?

Nike Dri-Fit socks, I tried a lot of different socks to try to get a pair which were thin and not made from Cotton. Stumbled across the Dri-Fit socks on the nike.com website and I love them :)

barefeet have always felt nasty to me especially after the sweat turns cold...nasty feeling socks are fine for me. nike dri-fit socks are what i use too :)

I wear dress socks...the thinnest ones I can find. Keeps my feet feeling fresher and prevents blisters. I use the cheap ones from Target, work fine.

This is a riveting thread. :D I used to wear the thin soccer socks, and I had an impromptu lesson about 20 minutes after a pick-up game. I had already taken my gear off, and my socks were soaked. I decided to roll without socks, and I haven't put them back on. I really like the way it feels. When I got my first pair of inlines, I wasn't sure if I should do the same or not, and I went sockless again. There was a little discomfort after the game but no blisters. The next week the skates felt much better, and now they feel great. I'm wearing each pair of skates no more than twice a week, so I don't ruining them tha quickly.

I wear dress socks...the thinnest ones I can find. Keeps my feet feeling fresher and prevents blisters. I use the cheap ones from Target, work fine.

same here. no socks feels really awkward to me, but thicker socks are too much, so i go with dress socks which is perfect for me.

My feet don't fit in my skates in normal socks. I forgot dress socks a couple weeks ago, had some UA cotton socks, but couldn't get the skates on, so I went barefoot.

I have always gone barefoot until this year. I also went to the dri-fit socks. I don't think I will go barefoot again. Skates smell much better.

I try to wear super thin socks, dress socks etc. I used to go barefoot, and that resulted in rotten skates, rotten in every way possible, and premature breakdown.

I just bought some used grafs that I've wanted to go barefoot in. I've lysol'd 'em but I'm still a lil wary about going bare in used skates. Prolly a moot point cuz I'm sure disease can go through a pair of Hanes but what do you guys think about going bare in used skates?

funny you mention that. i picked up a pair of used grafs and use them barefoot, no problems at all. the previous owner also went barefoot in them (obvious from the smell). then again, i also didn't wear socks with rental skates. . .

i basically got used to not wearing socks in any of my shoes, i've never had any issues whatsoever.

I've always gone barefoot (and would still prefer to) but after going through too many skates due to the smell I started wearing UA socks. They have ben good so far. I might try the DriFit socks though since so many people seem to like them.

I usuallyy wear Adidas soccer socks or lightweight xc-ski socks. Used to wear the old white gym socks for years and years, but like these so much better. Our rink is just too cold not to wear socks.