Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockechamp14

Wheelin and Dealin

Does anyone think that pitsburg may try and deal away crosby, palfy, tebault or anyone else due having no wins at the moment?

It would be interesting to see what they could get in a trade for crosby.

Does anyone think that pitsburg may try and deal away crosby, palfy, tebault or anyone else due having no wins at the moment?

It would be interesting to see what they could get in a trade for crosby.

They may have to trade Palffy if he and Crosby can't get along. No way any of the other guys go anywhere unless they make a deal for Witt or another defenseman.

See today's New York Post Sports hockey column by Larry Brooks. It seems Pens are in trouble in the locker room and boardroom.

any more details on the troubles in the room?

It's funny though that a team like Nashville is able to win with a similar team budget. I guess they spent a bit more wisely.

It's funny though that a team like Nashville is able to win with a similar team budget. I guess they spent a bit more wisely.

We have a good coach and players who care more than they should. Other than that, not much is different.

'94..Habs won in '93. :P

He said 03/04 obviously meaning 93/94...93 referring to the beginning of the season....94 the end....leading us to the year the Rangers won....

Actually, the 03-04 NYR are similar to these Pens. Slats brought in Holik, Kasparminus, Jagr, Lindros on another comeback, an ancient Messier and nothing came together for that NYR team. They just stunk until he dumped everybody in March 04. Still a shame to see Leetchie gone but even 99 was let go from Edmonton! Oh thats right, Slats dumped 99, too. I know Poxlington was busted but trade 99? I could have won Cups coaching those 80s Oilers- tap 99,17, 7, 11, 9, 10, and the rest on the back on the bench and it was game over!

Very good point, DS.

The Pens definitely went Ranger-like this off season making signings that it seems like they didn't think all too much about.

I think the Rangers went after the biggest names they could find every year. The Pens went after a few guys so they could sell tickets.

Very good point, DS.

The Pens definitely went Ranger-like this off season making signings that it seems like they didn't think all too much about.

I think the Rangers went after the biggest names they could find every year. The Pens went after a few guys so they could sell tickets.

The ticket selling problem was solved when the Pens won Crosby in the lottery. It was after the draft when the Pens signed Palffy, LeClair, etc to do exactly what the NYR always tried to do: make the team better with big name players. The Pens are now finding out what Theo and the rest of NYR fans already know: older star players are all about me, not the team. The guy with his butt on the line is Coach O. None of the older "stars" probably listen or respect him. And what is with Malone not giving 100%? A bit of Sid envy? Maybe he should watch the kid's work ethic. That is probably half of what makes guys like Sid so awesome- they never stop working on their game.

Very good point, DS.

The ticket selling problem was solved when the Pens won Crosby in the lottery. It was after the draft when the Pens signed Palffy, LeClair, etc to do exactly what the NYR always tried to do: make the team better with big name players. The Pens are now finding out what Theo and the rest of NYR fans already know: older star players are all about me, not the team. The guy with his butt on the line is Coach O. None of the older "stars" probably listen or respect him. And what is with Malone not giving 100%? A bit of Sid envy? Maybe he should watch the kid's work ethic. That is probably half of what makes guys like Sid so awesome- they never stop working on their game.

Malone busted his ass last year and honestly earned a shot at top-line minutes. In reality, he saw them draft Sid(a no-brainer), sign a bunch of old guys who don't go all out and now he's on the third line. I'm not saying it's justified but it is understandable to a point.

It doesn't help when there's a guy on the bench that can force the coach to change his plans during a game.

I still think MA Fleury has a right to be most mad...Much moreso then Malone

Let's call that the "Daigle-ing" a player. They did that to Daigle when he signed with Pittsburgh when he came out of semi-retirement.

They should deal t-bo, MA Fleury was the sharpest goalie in camp, and he is the future of the program, they should deal t-bo, maybe get some prospects or a defensemen for him, and get rid of his salary, to be able to pay MA Fleury's bonus, the only way pitt is gonna get better is from the net outwards.