Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

est

PBH ( pro beach hockey)

Any one ever play in the PBH out of Huntington beach ?? Im working on a collection of RHI & PBH & MLRH jerseys & photos for display in a new UK Rink complex later next year.Iv managed to get info on every thing & even most of the jerseys ( joys of ebay ! ) except the PBH.I did see it on ESPN whilest in the States a few years back & thought it was visualy COOL.( especialy the chearleaders).

Realy looking for the rules to the PBH game,

Thanks if any player can help ..........

David.

The one rule I remember is if the shot was from outside the shooting arc it was worth 2 points, and if it was behind the center line it was a three point goal. That and the ramped ends. :D

I don't remember much, it wasn't around that long. I remember Marty McSorley and his brother created a skate company, V-Formation I think, and all the players were using them cuz V-Form sponsored the league. Tony Szabo played, he was nasty, also played in the RHI for my hometown heroes the Rockin Rollers, coached by the RoadRunner Yvonne Cournoyier (Sp.?). The chick goalie Manume Rheaume played! Lol.

Sorry, I got off track...don't remember much, aside from the skateboard/skatepark inspired hill/jump behind the nets. That sucked.

McSorley brothers own Flite..VFormation was run by some NJ guys..and they had Szabo for a spokesperson for a long time..tony's a great guy and has some great skills..seasons were always easier when he was on your team instead of playing against you..

PBH was atrocious.....ugh. I couldn't stand to watch it.

It was always on around 3AM so it was great to come home after closing a bar and watch some inline hockey and babes in bikinis.

Yeah PBH was kind of the rebellious little brother of RHI. Not exactly great for inline hockey purists but worth watching at least once to form an opinion.

Let's not forget one big characteristic of PBH: They used a ball!

I was a big RHI fan and even had a tryout for the hometown team (got into a nasty car accident leaving the rink on the 3rd day of camp...never went back.)

Another positive vote for Tony Szabo. Helluva guy and still had his great skills the last time I saw him. That guy could fire a wrist shot the length of the rink, roof it, and the velocity of the puck was still traveling top speed at the end. :lol:

Unfortunately, PBH stereotyped what most ice hockey and non roller people thought of the sport..

my NY guys used to think we had to cancel a tournament if it rained...between PBH and Breakout...those two things did more to harm the perception of RH than anything else since its rebirth in the 90's

Actually "PBH? was run as a tournament I believe, over a two week period...as a "made for television" event, with the hope that players would use the ramped ends to do some extreme moves, and thus entice the "X-Games" audiences to watch the sport....The games were then aired as though there was a season, and shown over a 3 month period...

There has been a fantasy for a long time that inline hockey could be marketed as an adendum to the "X-Games". However without players doing inverted 360's off the glass to get by defenders, and coming down to then regain control of the puck, and go in and score with a between the legs flip off the stick at the end of a 720 spin, you will never capture the attention of the X-Games fans, who insist that death defying feats on wheels of all kinds become so commonplace, that current athletes run about a 30% chance of serious injury/death with every attempt at a show move. Just having full contact inline hockey will not do it....

Hence in part the demise of the XIHL..The name was doomed from the start for the reasons above, if not the attempt at forming a new semi pro league which was originally intended to create a coalition of the PIHA and MLRH.....

Justin played PBH.

3 years baby...lol...It was actually a lot of fun and the ramps were great action for shoots and rebounds...The biggest downside was the floor...The TV company sanded off the top section of the floor to eliminate glare, which eliminated any chance for grip; that is why the guys looked as if they couldn't skate....And in V-Forms the first couple of years and you have a bunch of guys who have skills, but look like they need training wheels...

The ball was actually hard to judge from a goalies perspective...Guys could bury it top shelf from 12 inches away...

Ahhh the good old days....Nothing better than seeing yourself on TV at a bar around 12:00 midnight...

LOL... you're back...answer my email!

Not to mention the break guys can get on a ball...I used to play ball hockey and we could give the ball some major curves and dips...

lets just say its a two full size rink facility some where in the south .......... maybe on an ex USAF base .Should be open by the summer................

on or arround the 15th nov.

should have all models in all sizes,but i hear a few of the models are going to released later in November.

haha 3 guys on my team went up to birming ham to take part in the 'roller wars' and 2 of them ended with stitches! all in all though they said it was the first accident they had, and it sounded awesome. i was going to go but had a game the next day so couldnt!

so the rinks should be ready by the next summer, i cant wait!

if your building a new rink how can knowone have heard of the plans for this i mean know one from puck or ball leagues knew this rink was being built why is it a secret and does this mean BIPHA south england is going to be played there?