Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

World series of Baseball

I'm surprised that no one made a topic about it. I know it was not as fun to watch as last year, but baseball seems to be a good interest in the USA. Anyways,

White Sox won. Last year they were red, now white, I know bad joke, lol.

I was hoping for a longer series, but at least all 4 games were close. Between both teams they have some hellified pitching although Oswalt and Clemens didn't bring their best stuff.

Does anyone else think that "Lights Out" Brad Lidge may become suicidal? After the Pujols homerun in game 5 of the NLCS, it just all went downhill.....

The whole Lidge thing just shows how overrated he is and how crappy the Braves' bats are since he's who he shut out for two years in a row.

I thought last years series sucked and this one was bad as well. Sweeps are garbage, and there was no excitement really. I was going for the Sox, but it was painful to watch the Stro's shoot themselves in the foot over and over again.

I dunno, Eazy, it seemed like it lacked drama because it was a sweep, but the last three games were anyone's game in the last inning. Obviously, seven games like that would have been great, but the individual games were dramatic.

Seriously, although I am obviously a Red Sox fan, I can't imagine anything ever topping the Yanks-Sox of 2003 and 2004, given their histories.

...I didn't know a World Series could be so incredibly interesting while being so remarkably boring at the same time...

i only find it boring lol but i dont like baseball so thats probably why. ;)

i think they should of kept Backe in he was pitching really well.

That was Phil Garner's fault - he wanted to pinch hit for him. I wonder if he's out of a job.

Backe hadn't pitched a lot since returning from his injury. If he leaves Backe in and he goes up in flames people are wondering why someone didn't hit for him.

i think they should of kept Backe in he was pitching really well.

That was Phil Garner's fault - he wanted to pinch hit for him. I wonder if he's out of a job.

Backe hadn't pitched a lot since returning from his injury. If he leaves Backe in and he goes up in flames people are wondering why someone didn't hit for him.

Tough luck, Phil Garner. Any decision you make is the wrong decision.

In general though, I think the tendency to blame Garner would be less if he hadn't pinch hit for Backe...he knew Lidge blew a good 3 games on his own before this...

Lowest rated world series ever, though it was way more exciting last year where other than game one there was zero suspense.

Well between the grand slam and walk-off in game two, long game three, and the last three innings of game 4 it was ok. But people probably got bored of watching the Astros fail in the clutch.

Lowest rated world series ever, though it was way more exciting last year where other than game one there was zero suspense.

Maybe there wasn't suspense, but the look on Suppan's face rounding third was priceless.

I never really got into the playoffs at all this year because of the workload at school. I remember years ago I would run home from school and watch three games straight then call it a night. Now I am lucky to catch from the seventh inning on while regretting it all throughout the next day.

From what I saw the series was pretty boring, Astros have no one to blame but themselves but the Sox got lucky along the way. They definately capitalized on their opportunities more than the Astros and that is why they won though. I mean the only reason that game three was exciting through 14 innings is because Chicago was handing Houston base runners with walks. On the whole it seems like people are trying a little too hard to convince themselves that the series was good.

Seems pretty hyprocritical to me that everyone says they are sick of the Yankees and company in the series every year but finally we get a fresh match up and it draws the lowest ratings of all time.

I like close, low-scoring games when they're played and managed well--not when it's just sloppy and close because the teams are playing that way.