Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dougie8

Rick Nash

From that view, legal yes...but absolutely unnescessary. The play was nowhere near anymore and Nash saw him having his head down all the way and still went for a shot at it. That´s what I dislike about it. The intention (or at least taking the chance) of injuring him by going for his head. Could have just gone for the body but in that situation no need to knock him out.

It's Peca, who does that garbage all the time, and the only reason Peca's head is hit is because of a height difference. If it's a non-hitter, getting hit, I may be more infavour of "unnescessary." Live by the sword, die by the sword.

You can tell it's totally not malicious on Nash's part though. He doesn't lean into it at all, all his weight is on his outside leg.

It's Peca, who does that garbage all the time, and the only reason Peca's head is hit is because of a height difference. If it's a non-hitter, getting hit, I may be more infavour of "unnescessary." Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I can agree with that.

karma anyone? :)

It happens to the best of them.

I along with everyone else seems to hate Peca and on the other hand a lot of us seem to like Nash, so that helps take in the injury a little better.

I lost a lot of respect for Nash during the World Cup when he hooked the linesman and pushed the ref.

He played last night against Calgary. I believe thats the game he was hurt in, not EDM.

Ya he just got blindsided but he didn't get hit hard and he just went down funny.

Man, I forgot all about that. He never apologized or anything either, to my knowledge. And if I remember right, a lot of people just brushed it aside.

And he went unpunished and un-suspended. Special treatment for Team Canada.

karma anyone? :)

It happens to the best of them. As Easy says...Live by the sword, die by the sword. Poetic justice.

I along with everyone else seems to hate Peca and on the other hand a lot of us seem to like Nash, so that helps take in the injury a little better.

yeah i think peca was the stupidist player edmonton could of picked up, especailly now because they want him to be a scorer! :ph34r: like in NYI he was more of a grinder/playmaker and now all of a sudden he's supposed to be a scorer, i dont see it happening any time soon.

I think the hit was clean but a little late and (un necassary)

I guess you already know this but I dont like peca either

This isn't ping pong. This is the league where they play for pay. Clean hit.

Unless of course it's a third or fourth liner hitting a star.

Man, I forgot all about that.  He never apologized or anything either, to my knowledge.  And if I remember right, a lot of people just brushed it aside.

And he went unpunished and un-suspended. Special treatment for Team Canada.

No.... special treatment for the star of the tournament.

This isn't ping pong. This is the league where they play for pay. Clean hit.

Unless of course it's a third or fourth liner hitting a star.

Exactly, those 4th liners should know better. ;)

1st line or 4th line--keep your head up!! Peca was too busy watching his pass, not paying attention to where other opposition players were on the ice. Nash or Shelly, that hit was ripe for the picking.

Back in the day, the star would stand up for himself and take care of his own business. Here is some hockey history: John Ferguson of the Canadiens used to make life miserable for Bobby Hull in the late 60s. Hull took care of Ferguson himself, never looking for anyone on his team to finish off Ferguson. It was never pretty and got very nasty but that was the way it was done.

After all the posts about the NO Hitting League, Nash throws a check and everyone gets their panties in a knot! Keep your head up, boys-- Rule #1 on the ice. At least that was the first thing I was taught.

Theo,

I've got no problem with the Big E. I actually feel bad for him considering how his career has turned out. I used to go up to Ontario to see OHL games in the 80s/90s. I made it a point to see Lindros play with Oshawa. He was tough the nite I saw him play in Peterborough. I admire him for fighting his own battles. When Shanahan joined the Devils as an 18 year old he was so raw all he could do was duke it out every other night. By the second season, nobody messed with Shanny and its been that way ever since. I am definitely old school in this regard. The guy that really amazes me the more I see him is big Jarome Iginla. He is one tough hombre!! His puck possession skills with guys trying to body him are awesome. He never loses the puck with guys hounding him. and he will deliver the body when the time is right. That is just about everything you could ask for in your CAPTAIN.

lecalvier should be in the same list as iginla. the man's dropped the gloves several times for himself, and others. both are class acts.

lecalvier should be in the same list as iginla. the man's dropped the gloves several times for himself, and others. both are class acts.

Vinny has come a long way. He is a leader now. Its great to watch a player mature. Lets thank John Tortorella and Rick Dudley(I believe, for not trading Vinny under any circumstances) for the player Vinny has become. You have to love that Cup Final fistfest between Vinny and Jarome! They earned tons of my respect when they both showed their teams what it meant to be in the Finals.

Vinny has come a long way. He is a leader now. Its great to watch a player mature. Lets thank John Tortorella and Rick Dudley(I believe, for not trading Vinny under any circumstances) for the player Vinny has become. You have to love that Cup Final fistfest between Vinny and Jarome! They earned tons of my respect when they both showed their teams what it meant to be in the Finals.

Feaster had to call them both in and tell them that neither one was going anywhere and to put their problems with each other behind them.

I agree with you about star players stick up for themselves. I was just mocking the people who had no problem with the Colorado - Vancouver thing from a couple years ago.