Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nsa97531

Most exciting NHL player

current: jason williams, zetterburg, datsuk, heatly, raffi torres,

all-time: howe,gretzky,orr,

I'm guessing your a wings fan :P

I would have to say that heatley is exciting this year, Ovechkin has had me jumping off of my couch a couple times this year when he was on the highlight reel. Spezza has had some exciting plays. Datsyuk, Samsonov, Murray, Zetterberg are all good stickhandlers.

Ovechkin. He does it all, skates, hits, scores and apparently has a solid two-way game. Anyone see his hit on Colin White the other night? Absolutely awesome. Also, he's as reliable with his one-timer from the point as Kovalchuk is. The difference? He tries to do more than just one-time the puck.

Ovechkin! He is the only person to look out for on the Caps and the way he skates is very exciting too. He seems like the cartoon character the "Roadrunner" when he does those minicrossovers to gain speed. Just a dominating player and if he has a supporting cast... well watch out!

I would have to say that heatley is exciting this year, Ovechkin has had me jumping off of my couch a couple times this year when he was on the highlight reel. Spezza has had some exciting plays. Datsyuk, Samsonov, Murray, Zetterberg are all good stickhandlers.

You think Heatley's exciting this year? I think he is less exciting because he's just finishing off Spezza's nice passes most of the time. Alfie and Spezza have obviously been great this year, I'd put those 2 on my list. Staal has been awesome. Connoley in the few games I've seen has done some nice things. Lecavalier. I'm also a sucker for watching good D, so I'd throw Pronger and Kaberle in there. Phaneuf has the skills, but just doesn't "control" things the way the other two do.

You think Heatley's exciting this year? I think he is less exciting because he's just finishing off Spezza's nice passes most of the time. Alfie and Spezza have obviously been great this year, I'd put those 2 on my list. Staal has been awesome. Connoley in the few games I've seen has done some nice things. Lecavalier. I'm also a sucker for watching good D, so I'd throw Pronger and Kaberle in there. Phaneuf has the skills, but just doesn't "control" things the way the other two do.

Man, easy on the Kaberle love-off. Kaberle doesn't control anything. Phaneuf has had far more material impact on games, especially as of the last 5 or so games.

my 7 year old brother(who is the next, next one)playing with 3rd graders in preschool, thinks that forsberg,crosby,svatos,and phaneuf are the most exciting in his opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

listen to the youngster :lol:

Man, easy on the Kaberle love-off. Kaberle doesn't control anything. Phaneuf has had far more material impact on games, especially as of the last 5 or so games.

Pronger hasn't been all that good this year.

-Ovechkin Highlight!! when they're is some highlight of ovechkin mostly 1 time out of 2 he is making the whole net to finally score the goal

-Datsuyk,not been scoring a lot but freak is deke are awsome!

-Crosby, i was sure he wouldn't had a great seasion this year but damn i am wrong...i still think that without is 15 assist he wouldn't be THAT HOT!...

What i like the most is excellent stickhandling move..so that why i have 3 great player

He controls PP. I look at Phaneuf like I do McCabe on PP's. Phaneuf's a great D, but I don't think he controls the play. I never said Phaneuf didn't have as big an impact on the games, I just said he doesn't control the flow of the game the same way. I've only seen Pronger a handful of times, but I love watching him. The 2 games I've seen of him have been his "better" games. I watch Kaberle night in and night out, so I watch him everytime he's on the ice, I can't do that with Phaneuf, but Phaneuf is an "in and out" player. In for the hit, out for the play, in for the shot, out of the play. Kaberle's the set-up man.

what do you mean he not scoring? he has 14 asst and 8 goals for 22 points in 19 games. that equals over 1 point a game. 1.16 point per game to be exact (rounded)

what do you mean he not scoring? he has 14 asst and 8 goals for 22 points in 19 games. that equals over 1 point a game. 1.16 point per game to be exact (rounded)

I think he means, recently. Most of Datsyuk's points came during Detroit's torrid start to the season...he's had a point here and there, maybe 1PPG over the last four or five games...nothing to get too excited about these days...

Phaneuf is still a baby an has lots to learn. He is going to be a hell of a player and be better then McCabe

Agreed. But he still is ruckusing in Calgary right now. Racking up points when it matters and being physical. Gotta love the kid.

I can't believe I can call some of these guys "kids," now. I thought I was going to be 10 forever.

Phaneuf is still a baby an has lots to learn. He is going to be a hell of a player and be better then McCabe

You'll get no argument from me, I'm just talking about his role on the team as it stands now.

my 7 year old brother(who is the next, next one)playing with 3rd graders in preschool, thinks that forsberg,crosby,svatos,and phaneuf are the most exciting in his opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

listen to the youngster :lol:

You're right, your bro is the next one. He could probably dangle half of the kids on our team :lol:

I'd like you to precise : "exciting player"

Lets say : a player screws 3 games and then, on the 4th, he makes god-like dekes, laser beams shots... Is he exciting ?

On the other hand : a player who's not so flashy but can produce EVERY NIGHT... Is he exciting ?

There 2 kinds of exciting player to me :

- Kovalchuk's type : can make the crowd roar but regulary completly skip the game.

- Forsberg's type : you know he'll deliver ! and that's exciting too

When I think of exciting I think of guys with flashy moves that can make a crowd get on their feet. Guys that regularily undress other players and goalies with big time moves. Bure was one of the most exciting players out there in his prime. Currently there are a lot of exciting players out there...it'd be tough to pick the most exciting player. Some of the players that seem to regularily perform highlight real feats are: Ovechkin, Jagr, Kovalev, Sullivan, Nash (when healthy), Spezza, Havlat and many more. At the last World Cup I'd say Rick Nash was the most exciting player out there and that was on a World stage against other top players so if I had to pick one guy I guess I'd go with Rick Nash.

If were talkin' highlight reel, I hear about and sometimes see Afinogenov doing some pretty spectacular stuff, even if it's infrequent...any Sabres fans vouch for this?

I guess I forgot to mention Chris Drury when he wants it and the game is on the line (I guess moreso in the Colorado days)...and Lecavalier when he's REALLY on, not just on, but REALLY on...them's some soft hands too...