Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

He's got JAM!

Sorry to have to ask but who did color last night on TSN Wings/Flames? I missed 1st period and never found out who this guy was. This is my first year with NHL Center Ice TV and I don't know half of these announcers/color guys. This guy likes JAM!

BTW, Flames up to 8 in a row and rolling big time. Wings looked horrible with no movement or motivation. Flames won every race to the puck and just hit the blueline at full throttle. Tenacious forechecking turned over the puck time and time again from the DeadWings. One more Dion observation: his skating ability is awesome. Watch this guy power skate, never lifting his legs off the ice, just using his hips, in any 1-on-1 situation. He stays with the man no problem. I can't believe he is 20 years old.

I heard one of the guys say "Pierre" so I thought it might have been Maguire. Two stories on Pierre: He played high school hockey at Bergen Catholic High School in northern NJ! I also ran into him one night a long, long time ago in Canton ,NY when he was working at St. Lawrence University. He was at the St. Lawrence Inn and certainly was enjoying himself that night. If you have ever been to Canton, you know how cold it gets there and how little there is to do but enjoy adult beverages.

He also has a disgusting man-crush for Phaneuf too.

hey, "Dion's got JAM!"

I'd honestly punch him in the face if I ever met him. I wrote it on my "things to do" list. ;) I bet he goes to gay bars hoping to find a guy that looks like Dion.

I love Piere! He's so intense and is just a great announcer. A very genuinely nice guy too. The next Don Cherry for sure, look for him to take the Coachs Corner job from Cherry.

He also has a disgusting man-crush for Phaneuf too.

hey, "Dion's got JAM!"

I'd honestly punch him in the face if I ever met him. I wrote it on my "things to do" list. ;) I bet he goes to gay bars hoping to find a guy that looks like Dion.

I haven't gone that far, yet. I will change the channel or if it's the best game of the night I will turn the volume off. The guy is a jackass. Some sort of cross between John Madden and Dick Vitale.

He is definitely fairly annoying and can wear on a person. However, as annoying as he is, when you listen to him doing the World Juniors, or World Championships, his passion for the game and love for the Canadian teams comes across as being very genuine. I don't think his excitement is some act, I think he really just loves hockey that much. And who cares if he has a man-crush on Phaneuf, so do I. In fact, I think there's a lot of people who developed man-crushes on guys like Crosby, Phaneuf, Carter and Richards. At least the guy is willing to show how much he cares. So because of that, I've tried to cut him some slack. Also, I'm pretty sure he's one of the few announcers in hockey who would be happy to talk if you just struck up a conversation with him almost anywhere. He's apparently a real good guy.

I dont' know if you guys have noticed, but people on tsn seem like to like to make up words for hockey, such as Dutyschen's(sp?) "flashes" on the puck, or Maguire's "monster", or "jam". Even the news guys come up with words like "roof-daddy". I find it hilarious that they come up with things like that to help draw viewers, when i first heard "Naslund flashes on the shot" i laughed my ass off, it really isn't that funny....it could've been the beers....but I found it interesting anyway that they're developing new words