Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Louie

Crosby Visor

It appears to be an Oakley, but I've never seen a visor that small, anyone know a model number.

QUOTE (FuryOfOne @ Nov 18 2005, 11:08 AM)

Yeah I know. He wears it a la open hockey style - tilting the helmet way back. I always wonder why even have the visor if you're gonna wear it like that. 

Maybe it gives him a sense of protection?

Absolutely right, played with it once an didn't have that fear of getting hit in the eye's prior to useing it, but looking at my self in a mirror I could see just about nothing between a stick on my eyes so swiched to the Pro modified Aviator, and now the Itech Pro Wave (great visor btw).

In Europe most people after a certain age (think it's born after 78) have to wear atleast half visor's. So if you'd rather play with out this thing is perfect, because you can just wear it like e.g. Crosby does and it doesn't (psycologicaly) impair your vision or confidence.

But if you play in a league that doenst require it, it's just for a sense of protection.

And lastly thanks to Chadd for helping me pick the Pro Wave it's great :)

Yeah I know. He wears it a la open hockey style - tilting the helmet way back. I always wonder why even have the visor if you're gonna wear it like that.

If you're going to wear a visor, wear it so it's actually protecting something. Wearing it that way just makes sure that it's going to fog up.

what are the pros and cons of wearing the pro wave as opposed to the aviator style? I'm currently wearing an hs22 aviator and i am pretty interested in the differences between the prowave and that (ie. ventilation, protection) aside from the shape of course.

what are the pros and cons of wearing the pro wave as opposed to the aviator style? I'm currently wearing an hs22 aviator and i am pretty interested in the differences between the prowave and that (ie. ventilation, protection) aside from the shape of course.

Better ventilation because the nose is cut higher and the extra cut at the top allows the air to get out easier.

99% of the visors in the NHL will not pass certification or even meet the size standards for certification. Don't judge anything from the NHL players wearing visors. Its whats comfortable with some protection. I find it funny when a player complains about being hit in the face when I know they are wearing something they requested that looked cool or requested be modified.

Be smart and wear a visor with certification. You don't have a life insurance policy on you like an NHLer.

99% of the visors in the NHL will not pass certification or even meet the size standards for certification. Don't judge anything from the NHL players wearing visors. Its whats comfortable with some protection. I find it funny when a player complains about being hit in the face when I know they are wearing something they requested that looked cool or requested be modified.

Be smart and wear a visor with certification. You don't have a life insurance policy on you like an NHLer.

I actually thought insurance was also taken out with the new CBA? ;)

99% of the visors in the NHL will not pass certification or even meet the size standards for certification.  Don't judge anything from the NHL players wearing visors.  Its whats comfortable with some protection.  I find it funny when a player complains about being hit in the face when I know they are wearing something they requested that looked cool or requested be modified.

Be smart and wear a visor with certification.  You don't have a life insurance policy on you like an NHLer.

I actually thought insurance was also taken out with the new CBA? ;)

Any person with the net worth of an NHL player is likely to have their own policy.

Anyone know where to find it, all the sites I go to are either sold out or don't carry it....

I have no idea if mine is certified or not, it's the Oakley Pro Modified Aviator Without Vents. It's not as small as Crosby's though.

And while on certified visors, has anyone ever seen an NHL player wearing the Itech HX50 that most juniors in the CHL seem to wear? I don't think I've seen that one ever on the NHL level, yet many of the younger players there are used to it as they've used it before.

I was always under the undetrstanding that any thing that doesn't attach to the front of the helmet is not certified. If it has the holes on the side and is open it's not going to pass. Itech even lays them out on their site as certified and non certified.

I was always under the undetrstanding that any thing that doesn't attach to the front of the helmet is not certified. If it has the holes on the side and is open it's not going to pass. Itech even lays them out on their site as certified and non certified.

In the catalog there is one that is certified that doesn't attach at the top. I believe the main requirement is facial coverage area.

In the catalog there is one that is certified that doesn't attach at the top. I believe the main requirement is facial coverage area.

Yeah the RBE V...(i was just looking at the itech site). Anything that is cut out...is listed "Not Certified".