Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

delpiero81

Show your rink!

Do you play for Seattle Jr.Thunderbirds?

No.. it's just a converted Vons out here in Southern California.

I mainly play roller and those rinks are ok out here but nothing compared to what I'm seeing in this thread.

I play ice in a renovated grocery store.

Doesn't compare to these bad boys.

I've played there before. Early morning games were the worst, the sun rising in that wall with all the windows is blinding.

Thought they were getting rid of the ice?

I keep hearing this is the last year but there is still no other practice facility for the Bears, so it may stick around one more year.

It's also an engineering milestone. It should be a national historic place.

They have done a very good job of quietly keeping it off the historical register.

So where are modsquadders playing?

Post pics of your rink!

Ok here it's the rink i play, it's not big but it's a nice structure

esterno6oh.th.jpg

interno8he.th.jpg

esterno21ge.th.jpg

And it have an amazing view of the surrounding mountains

vista5ot.th.jpg

also the road to the ice rink has some nice views

road11ha.th.jpg

road23dh.th.jpg

Stupid question....how do you post links with pictures instead of text links. I tried regular HTML code, but when I preview it I see the code instead of the picture.

The HTTP:// button doesn't give you an option to use pictures as link...just text.

Am I missing something obvious or does it all work once you commit the new message?

click on the "img" button when creating a reply.

That will post a picture from a URL...but how do you make that picture an active link (say, to a bigger version of the picture)

That will post a picture from a URL...but how do you make that picture an active link (say, to a bigger version of the picture)

I was under the impression Imageshack provided it.

Yeah that is a feature that Imageshack provides. It gives you a link when you upload your picture.

Yeah that is a feature that Imageshack provides. It gives you a link when you upload your picture.

Oh..okay.

That's Newbridge right? I've played their, didn't like it too much. Especially the foot long ledge along the boards and glass.

Yep. Havent played there in a while. I pretty much stopped playing ice hockey completely.

Probably the three nicest facilities in Southern California are Ice Station Valencia, Toyota Sports Center in El Segundo (Kings Practice Rink), and Anaheim Ice (Ducks Practice Rink).

If you go to Valencia, watch out for that tubby bastard who runs the proshop. Give him Jell-O and he will not harm you. He'd gobble it up like Pac-Man eats pellets.

I play ice in a renovated grocery store.

Doesn't compare to these bad boys.

I've played there before. Early morning games were the worst, the sun rising in that wall with all the windows is blinding.

Ya I've practiced there before I remember it being really cold and the ice kinda sounded hollow underneath.

Thats most likely because in some arenas instead of cement under the ice they have sand :huh: . I know this because in whitecourt they have this in one of there arenas and its really weird.

ha. i wish i had a "local rink." closest ones about 45 mins in any direction.

you're not alone don't worry. Our rink (me and my brother DelPiero81) is far enough from home: neraly 45km of mountain roads, inside a really narrow valley. :P but i love run as fast as possible... (please don't kill me, i admit i am always over the speed limit....) :ph34r:

Thought they were getting rid of the ice?

I keep hearing this is the last year but there is still no other practice facility for the Bears, so it may stick around one more year.

It's also an engineering milestone. It should be a national historic place.

They have done a very good job of quietly keeping it off the historical register.

Any reason why?

So where are modsquadders playing?

Post pics of your rink!

Ok here it's the rink i play, it's not big but it's a nice structure

esterno6oh.th.jpg

interno8he.th.jpg

esterno21ge.th.jpg

And it have an amazing view of the surrounding mountains

vista5ot.th.jpg

also the road to the ice rink has some nice views

road11ha.th.jpg

road23dh.th.jpg

Wow that is georgous!! I take it that is Italy? Where about and how is the Ice??

Sid

Wow that is georgous!! I take it that is Italy? Where about and how is the Ice??

Yes it's Italy! it is in the North-East part of Italy, (near the Aviano Air Force base or the city of Pordenone), ice is very "hard" this year but before there was a russian guy running the rink and there was one of the best and "softest" ice that i skated on.

Not to far from here there are lot of place to go also for skiing, but i prefer hockey! :lol:

ice is very "hard" this year but before there was a russian guy running the rink and there was one of the best and "softest" ice that i skated on.

Uuh i hate when the ice is "soft"!! It feels as if your entire blade would dig into the ice and makes you slow ... In my old rink they wanted to save money and kept the ice at -4° or even -3° (Celsius) and not -8° as normal ... after 10 minutes of practice there huge amount of snow on the ice ...