Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#28tz

Best Pants

not sure if they're the "best" pants per se, but my first ever pair of pants were/are the black bauer NHL Breakout hockey pants, they're more likle polyester material and the shin area was some grade of nylon....i've literally been using these pants for about 7 years or so (seriously!) and just now, i'm starting to phase out of these pants and moving onto the hyper alloy's i bought from hockeygiant.

My favorite pants have always been from Gear. I had a pair of Gear Drive pants for five or six seasons (indoor) and they held up well. I recently replaced them as my "game" pants with another pair of Gears. The newer ones aren't quite as sturdy, but they're still great. I still wear the older ones if I've got games on consecutive nights or something.

My Biltrite waves ( bought in 1999 !! )....... but as for Team pants,we had a batch of 40 pants from a small company called Blockalternatives in CA,they'v been used by several age groupes & although a few are holed most are still going strong,thats after 4 years.

Just has some wicked pants in from China, maybe they will be the next best thing ?????

Anyone use the Black Biscuit Pro pant , i was thinking of getting a pair :rolleyes:

Those are timeless. I've had quite a few pairs. They hold up well.

Also, I usually switch between a pair of Block alternatives, and my Nexed pants. The Blocks are REALLY comfy, but a bit on the heavy side. They have 2 pockets, which is just a cool plus. Like a pair of regular pants.

I really like my Hyper Platinum. The have elastic in all the right places and have been pretty bullit proof so far. Had them since they came out in early 04 and they still look great.

I don't know about everyone else but Mission pants have always been the best for me! Far better durability, comfort and style than everthing else! I can't belive no one has mentioned them yet! I have tried most pants out there and the middle to upper end Missions are way better! If you want the pants to last, don't muck around with cheaper gear or hyper pants!

I don't know about everyone else but Mission pants have always been the best for me! Far better durability, comfort and style than everthing else! I can't belive no one has mentioned them yet! I have tried most pants out there and the middle to upper end Missions are way better! If you want the pants to last, don't muck around with cheaper gear or hyper pants!

My gear pants have held up VERY well. I got a pair of new ones before this last season (18 games including playoffs) and they don't have a single hole in them. The only problem I had was a belt loop coming detached in the wash .. easily sewn back on. My previous Gear pants, which I still have, lasted four or five seasons and only have a few holes in the knees, probably from playing outside.

Yes I agree, I LOVE my He950's. Best pants I have ever used.

i've never tried mission pants...too expensive for my skill and blood :(

We make pants at $24 and $49....

Also, Kevlar doesn't work on knees of pants...Pants burn holes in the knees..Kevlar does nothing to help...Plus the price would be through the roof

maybe kevlar pants would defeat the purpose of a girdle maybe :D

its getting late, my brains hurting from writing papers n all...so im not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... :S

Also, Kevlar doesn't work on knees of pants...Pants burn holes in the knees..Kevlar does nothing to help...Plus the price would be through the roof

but even if the pants "burn" holes in the knees, wouldnt kevlar stilll prevent the wholes to burn through?...like kevlar in the palms of gloves dont wear out the palm...maybe there might not be enough friction to burn holes in the palm area of the glove...i just thought that might work for knee/shin areas for pants as well...

*hint hint...maybe you should make a prototype for mission, justin :lol:*

but even if the pants "burn" holes in the knees, wouldnt kevlar stilll prevent the wholes to burn through?...like kevlar in the palms of gloves dont wear out the palm...maybe there might not be enough friction to burn holes in the palm area of the glove...i just thought that might work for knee/shin areas for pants as well...

*hint hint...maybe you should make a prototype for mission, justin :lol:*

One word...

Chainmail.

:D

the white Mission Tornado pants were one of my faves...had them for years..

original Black Biscuit were always classic, I have a newer pair (XAero maybe??) nice pant but could use a 4 way stretch in the crotch..

one of the biggest things for me was always to find a pair that could fit my old Jofa's..but not be sagging all over..(ie Nexed/CCM/Syven/any trickle pant)

I had a pair and id say that they arent bad but nothing exceptional either. They last for a while but are quite heavy too but they do have good mobility. B)