Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quintin

First fight

I have been in quite a few, i have won most in Juniors. Had my first semi pro fight a couple of months ago.

You guys can decide for yourselves (im #24 in green in the first fight)

9 games...36 PIM...not bad.... :D

But there is one guy on your team Romanas Fedotovas, he has 10 games and 104 PIM...WOW! :blink:

After the first 3 games it was 30 minutes.

I probably wouldn't do it, but in a cage vs. cage tilt, chances are nobody will get hurt from gloved punches. So if you're real steamed, then one could have a bit of butt end sticking out of glove and pop that across the other's prick's cage for some bite.

Again, I probably wouldn't do it, just saying it'd be a nasty maneuver if done right.

I probably wouldn't do it, but in a cage vs. cage tilt, chances are nobody will get hurt from gloved punches. So if you're real steamed, then one could have a bit of butt end sticking out of glove and pop that across the other's prick's cage for some bite.

Again, I probably wouldn't do it, just saying it'd be a nasty maneuver if done right.

hit them hard enough and the cage will either break off or hurt.

My first fight I got WORKED!!! Like facial plastic surgery worked. I used to basically be a punching bag. I started actually watching NHL fights a little more closely, and now I do pretty well for myself. I like scrapping, although I NEVER go looking for them. I try to avoid them, so as not to get a bad reputation. But if some dude wants to try to prove a point, or impress the broad he's got in the stands, we are gonna go....

... and it will most likely be the last time the guy tries it. Knees. Awesome.

I drop the helmet. I would rather be punched in the face than be punched on the cage.

It's a match penalty in Canada if you take your helmet off. Meaning you'll get more games out of it. That's why you see a lot of guys take each others helmets off before a fight.

What people on my team do is undo the chin strap and tilt it up on top of there head, then you tap each others buckets off, then go at it. Your not the one that actually removes the helmet off so you can't get called for it.

We have 6 games left in my first year of Jr. hockey so hopefully i can get the first fight in before playoffs. Wish me luck!

Never been in a scrap, although I do try and get under the skin of the offense to draw penalties. The only time I was about to get into a fight it was against a guy probably twice my size both horizontally (muscle) and vertically. I know for a fact he would have creamed me in about 2 seconds. Some guys from my team jumped off the bench and got in his way before he could lay a hand on me though.

Never been in a scrap, although I do try and get under the skin of the offense to draw penalties. The only time I was about to get into a fight it was against a guy probably twice my size both horizontally (muscle) and vertically. I know for a fact he would have creamed me in about 2 seconds. Some guys from my team jumped off the bench and got in his way before he could lay a hand on me though.

ouch...so you're agitatin but then have your team come in to protect you...I don't think you'll get much respect around your league playing hockey of the Sean Avery variety...

ouch...so you're agitatin but then have your team come in to protect you...I don't think you'll get much respect around your league playing hockey of the Sean Avery variety...

One time thing, really. I would have taken my lumps if they wouldn't have jumped out. I would have turtled and been made a fool of, but it's not something I'm in the habit of doing.

I took a tuning here and there for the same reasons and would easily do that over having someone jump in for me.

First scrap was in HS. Goalie played the puck behind the net and gave me a blocker shot as he went back to the net so as he was going back I jabbed the back of his knees with the toe of my stick sending him back-first to the ice hard (he deserved it). Of course everyone came after me as I expected and one kid and I broke out of the group with buckets and mitts off. No punches really landed we just wrestled to the ice like a Stortini fight. Got in a couple other fights in college including a line brawl, that was interesting.

I have had a couple, mostly sticking up for team mates, or myself. How come being the smallest guy on the team, I end up sticking up for someone? Last fight I had was so long ago, and before I played ice, it was when I played roller hockey. Anyhow the guy was a clear 5 inches taller than me, and this went all the way back to high school gym class when I wanted to kick the crap out of him. Anyhow I remember at the start of the game ( we had played 3 straight games against this team by now and I already had 1 fight with them the previous game) their team gets in a huddle and says Im a bitch. Im like okay you want to play that game, anyhow the first player who got near me I gave a nasty slash to on the shins ( he wasnt wearing shin guards, I swear this guy is an idiot and I never liked him) so I skate away only to get punched in the back of the helmet, I turned around tied him up, landed a few and it was over. I never played in that league again, not because I was kicked out, just cause I couldnt stand the players on that team, and I see no use in fighting one of them every time I play them.

The ice league I play in now, has a strict rule for fighting, suspensions and eventually expulsion so I dont fight. I wish beer leagues would change their views on this, I think it would stop some of the dirty play that happens. I have wanted to clober some people, but knew if I did I would get suspended.

Especially when I got cross checked in the jaw and lost a back tooth from it, the ref said I didnt see it. He did, after the game he mentioned it wouldnt have happened if I didnt give him a little nudge along the boards. No penalty or anything. Gotta love beer league hockey, only place you can pay $$ to get hurt.

..the first player who got near me I gave a nasty slash to on the shins ( he wasnt wearing shin guards,

What the hell kind of league can you play in without shin pads? That's a joke.

This was along time ago, maybe 1998 or so, it was some new roller hockey leage that was playing in a roller rink. Anyhow this was before we got the ice rink, so it was pretty much the only thing close. The league sucked, and as I said this guy was a moron ( still is) thankfully I dont run into him, now I just probably jinxed myself.

I got into my first scrap over the summer in a mens game. I was the youngest out there at the time being 16 playing a bunch of 18-24 year olds. Anyways this one guy kept running everyone in a no check game and I was getting sick of it, so one time when he tried to run me i stood him up and knocked him on his ass. So he gets up and asks if I wanna go and me being the dumb arrogent kid I am said Id drop em. He got my right arm right away and caught me twice with his right. I freed up my right after that and absoultly destroyed the guy. Felt pretty good to get my first scrap under my belt plus it being a guy 2 years older than me made me feel pretty damn good.

man...I never get past the pushing and shoving. Maybe it's just because I'm smaller than most in my leagues so the reffs are trying to save my life.