Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teamriot38

Penalty Shot

There was a guy in my ball hockey league 2 summers ago. he was the leading scorer. Slow as hell, looked like a body builder. We went into Penalty shootout with them in the Semi's. This guy pushes the ball up sort of like a soft pass ahead of himself.....jogs up to it and smacks the shit out of this ball and all you see is the twine bulge.

I usually do a move Naslund does sometimes. RH. if I come in from the left(which I prefer)always at top speed. I flash the blade face, then pretend to go backhand. If the goalie takes it, I go across his body and pop it. Its worked the 3 times I used it.

If I come in from the right. I pretend going all the way to the left of the goalie, then when he follows I stop dead and I put it in the right side he just moved away from.

I would love to get the space to try the Bure off the skate move which I finally perfected in practice.

It's ball hockey so breakaways are far and few between. But I used to use the same idea for ice when I played.

RH Shot and usually skate in fast,cup the puck then when I get near the goalie, open the face up, deke to the left, fake to the right, go back to the left and back hand it in. Usually works on breakaways and i've never had a penalty shot

Shoot in the goalie's chest :D

I wonder why I dont score more often on breakaways...

That's my favourite move too! :lol:

I also like to throw my gloves at the goalie to distract him, and then shoot when he's watching my gloves fly. Like that Sean Skinner guy...

Okok, so I've never tried throwing my gloves, but it sounds hilarious.

If you know the goalie your coming down on, and you know what his weaknesses are then thats a biftime bonus.

For example:

1.You know a goalie is weak low, you come in looking at the top corner, hes thinking its a shot he can handle, you let a quick wrister go from the hashmarks, always works.

2.You know the goalie is weak on quick dekes. Pull of a "Crosby on Theodore", come in, do a leg kick, pull it to the side, slide it home.

Mock

Shoot in the goalie's chest  :D

I wonder why I dont score more often on breakaways...

That's my favourite move too! :lol:

I also like to throw my gloves at the goalie to distract him, and then shoot when he's watching my gloves fly. Like that Sean Skinner guy...

Okok, so I've never tried throwing my gloves, but it sounds hilarious.

I tried it against a peewee goalie at a practice once, got stuffed :unsure:

If you know the goalie your coming down on, and you know what his weaknesses are then thats a biftime bonus.

For example:

1.You know a goalie is weak low, you come in looking at the top corner, hes thinking its a shot he can handle, you let a quick wrister go from the hashmarks, always works.

2.You know the goalie is weak on quick dekes. Pull of a "Crosby on Theodore", come in, do a leg kick, pull it to the side, slide it home.

Mock

and how about if the goalie know pretty much what you will do because you were practicing with him before ho got traded???

I prefer to go against a goalie that I don't konw and he doesn't know what kind of moves I can do...

For example:

Mock

and how about if the goalie know pretty much what you will do because you were practicing with him before ho got traded???

I prefer to go against a goalie that I don't konw and he doesn't know what kind of moves I can do...

If you read the goalie and react instead of always trying the same moves, it increases the odds that you will score.

I get about two breakaways each game. I always begin skating fast and then slow down. If I see a major opening I will always go for it but I usually do a front to back deke to the right of my body and either raise my left knee or move my shoulders. Usually a "fast" goalie is out of position so I either roof it or put it in on the ice.

Slapshot

robert reichel is my hero.

Steve Larmer, all the way. Actually, I like to do something that's a little more conservative like the 360º michigan. :D But really, I like to go low stick.