Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scstars524

Hefter Evolution Helmet

That would really suck if it was Easton. This helmet has intrigued me for quite a while, but I have a completely unjustified hatred of all things Easton.

How will I be able to keep hating Easton if they have something I want??? My head is splitting!!! :rolleyes:

Is it Easton, Bauer, reebok, ccm, mission,itech, jofa,sherwood or none of the above  :P

Yes

Yeah, It's Mission when they have the Intake, Rbk when they have the 8k and new 6k (coming spring), NBH when they have their entire ginormous lineup, Itech because they got bought by Rbk...

This leaves Easton and CCM as possibles. Take your pick.

Itech bought by RBK? Must've missed that one.

Yeah, maybe you meant Mission because they are 'together' now?

Unless easton redesigns the shell, i can't see that helmet being an Easton...just doesn't go with their look.

I hear Puma bought us...Or Maybe it was Avia....Or Saucony....Or Sketchers....Or Sole Technologies...Or I bought it and we rename it 1933 Industries...

That would really suck if it was Easton. This helmet has intrigued me for quite a while, but I have a completely unjustified hatred of all things Easton.

How will I be able to keep hating Easton if they have something I want??? My head is splitting!!! :rolleyes:

:D

We have the same problem! :)

Yeah, maybe you meant Mission because they are 'together' now?

Unless easton redesigns the shell, i can't see that helmet being an Easton...just doesn't go with their look.

Yeah, my mistake, Mission bought Itech. Doesn't affect my argument any though.

(Just my info was a little off <_<)

I hear Puma bought us...Or Maybe it was Avia....Or Saucony....Or Sketchers....Or Sole Technologies...Or I bought it and we rename it 1933 Industries...

No it was FUBU, "For Us By Us" :D

I just heard a rumor from a friend who is at the show, that it's a Fitted Mission Helmet. He didn't know anything about it though, just said thats what he heard.

My coach is the guy who made the helemet and has alreaddy sold it to ccm . he doesn't know when they will come out but ive seen them and they are sweet. I talked to his son and he said eventually they will heat fit them to your head or soimething crazy like that. The cage on it is amazing. They took the bars on it and reduced the width by like 75% so it is easier to see out of.

I'm not ditching my 8000 for it....

For Sure!!! Love my 8000! first helmet I have ever had that dosent slide around on me with a shield.

Hey all,

The rumors that Hefter sold the company are correct. RBK (a.k.a. Maska) purchased Hefter helmets. I don't know about the CCM Vector helmet being its future, but that is certainly within the realm of posibility.

I'm not sure what happened with the HECC/CSA testing. I know they at least started the process and came up with better ratings than anything else on the market. I will be picking one up for sure. I don't have the brain cells to spare.

Scott

Also, just for the record, I had no intention of reviewing the helmet based upon Hefter's prototype until I heard that USA hockey refused to allow Hefter to advertise in their magazine. I personally found it an abomination that they would put up such an impediment on an item intended to improve the safety of the game. Rumor has it that USA hockey didn't want to offend the other helmet makers who are all major contributors. I don't know if that's true, but if so, it's just bad for hockey.

according to my CCM rep, the helmet is nothing but a CAD drawing. They are saying that it will be the new vector helmet, but it kind seems like not even some of the reps really know what is going on. Maybe a new Adidas helmet? LOL :lol:

I'm not ditching my 8000 for it....

For Sure!!! Love my 8000! first helmet I have ever had that dosent slide around on me with a shield.

me neither, i got a new 8000 for christmas...lol

now i have 2

according to my CCM rep, the helmet is nothing but a CAD drawing. They are saying that it will be the new vector helmet, but it kind seems like not even some of the reps really know what is going on. Maybe a new Adidas helmet? LOL :lol:

Well, I'm preparing my CCM/RBK 06 booking order and I don't see no Vector or Hefter helmets for me to buy. So unless this is going to be released mid-season (which is stupid cause everyone has their new helmets by Sept), if true we are prob talking 07. Larry, where ever you are.... any comments??? ;)

why would you be mad at USAHockey for not allowing an ad on a product that hasn't been certified,etc ..

its easy to make claims from behind the glass case..

i highly doubt there are any real hefter helmets. I think hefter sold the design and the technology to rbk, and as for impact tests, the zorbium could have been impact tested just as a block of zorbium, not in the actual helmet.

I heard the same thing from a couple different sources, there is no helmet and there never was an actual helmet.

Could just be a business move by CCM. Buy the rights to the helmet and hold onto them. You don't have to produce it, but by owning the right you prevent more competition from entering the marketplace. Plus, maybe it has a few features that you can add to an existing product line.

Uh, if there is no helmet, I have no idea what the heck it was I looked at. I think maybe there isn't a mold yet as the one I held was a one-off prototype. Perhaps that's what the confusion is about?