Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fire0nIce228

Joe Thornton loses teeth

I did...crap that had to hurt. And no call....hmmm. <_<

Looks like the top four front teeth.

I wonder how they fix that???

Hey did Cheechoo get his bottom teeth fixed (replaced) yet?

Hey did Cheechoo get his bottom teeth fixed (replaced) yet?

Nope, doesn't appear so...

I am recording tonites game. If it won't break any laws, I can put a link to the clip up for others to see Thorton get clipped if anyones interested.

that was nasty

the refs were soo retarded on that play jesus man

he was flaming mad though that was sweet

i kinda see y the boston media didnt like him though

hes so blank

I tell ya...Watching the Pens/ NYR today...

Craig Spada needs more time in the minors..what a joke

The first two periods were called really weird, then the whistle was put away in the third. It really was a weird game.

I think he'll wear a mouthguard from now on. Truthfully, I dont see why anyone would not want to wear a mouthguard, they can form them to your teeth and stuff so good now that its hard to tell they're in. Hell, my dentist formed mine to my teeth for free and I can breathe great and talk fine and hardly tell its in, I'm sure the pros could drop a little coin and get something even less obtrusive. Does look really gross though now that I can look at it without the TV going to a different view. Uck!

I thought mouthguards were to prevent concussin more so than protect your teeth,

may be wrong but my dentist told me so

i lost my mouth guard :(

still got my FULL cage to protect them.

cant wait to get a visor, planning on the refelctive itech one (Ovechkins)

:lol:

IMO- Milan Hejduk's stick to the teeth on JT was totally out of character?

Happy New Year

Oh, I guess I thought mouthguards would protect teeth more. Maybe it would have helped him a little since his seemed to be all broken instead of knocked right out. I don't know if Milan did it on purpose, or as a retalitory for something, but I think it was an accident. Hejduk doesn't seem to be someone you hear about getting alot of stick penalties.

I have had two of my front teeth knocked out, my upper and lower lips got split bad in the same incident.

Mouth guards do not protect teeth frontal impacts. You will still lose teeth. They may not shatter, but they will become loose or dislodge completely.

As others have indicated, they are designed to stop your upper and lower teeth and jaw sections from clamping down, which is one of the easiest ways to get head injuries, jaw injuries, also the loss of your tongue or parts of it in some instances.

I remember when it happened, I got the impact, and I just knew something was wrong right away. I tasted blood, and grabbed my mouth, and my hand was covered in blood. Then I felt a piece of my tooth dangling in my mouth, and I opened my mouth and used my tongue to kinda flick where I felt the pain, and pop! Out came what was left of my teeth. I went over to my bench, got a towel and skated off the rink. For the next 5 minutes, the guys on both teams were on all fours looking for my teeth. Not like it woulda mattered, they can't really re-attach teeth I don't think. But it was the thought that counted. Spent the next 5 hours in an emergency room...sucked ass. Really bad experience. Had root canals the next day because my roots were exposed and everytime I breathed in air, it killed. Then I had to wait a week with these little stumps left. Then I got fake plastic teeth put in while they got my real teeth made. They kept popping out on me. You ever try to hit on a sorority girl while your teeth come popping out into your hand!? I have to say, once they got over the initial thought of no teeth, chicks definately love a hockey player!

I was at the game and he was skating almost directly towards me when it happened. Thing that pissed me off was he kept yelling at the ref after the Lanche got the puck into our zone and almost had a good chance. Bad form

Good quote from Ron Wilson about the incident:

“He was pretty upset and I said sometimes the refs are going to miss stuff and they obviously did,†said Ron Wilson. “They are going to feel bad enough. Let’s not be yelling and screaming any more. Under the heat of the circumstance, you’re very upset when your teeth get knocked out and the guys that feel the worst about it are the refs that missed a pretty obvious call. You just move on.â€