Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fonya

**The Official iPod and iTunes Thread**

I just got an 8GB Ipod nano for Xmas. Just wondering if there's anything I need to know or DL before putting movies on to it. I have heard I need a decrypter and a converter to change it to an Mp4 file. Just need someone to confirm/advise me.

I have a problem with my iPod touch, everytime I try to hit the youtube button it comes up saying that I have to connect to iTunes first to enable youtube, which I did but youtube still doesn't work I still get that same message, can anyone help me?

I have a few questions about downloading from some of the for-pay music sites, if anyone has experience.

1) According to the FAQ at the iTunes Store, the DRM-free version is the only one offered whenever it has been made available from the record company, but I'm having a tough time determining whether a song is the higher quality. Where should I look to find which version is being offered?

2) iTunes sometimes offers three or four versions of a song (maybe from the original album, live or a couple of compilations), yet the audio clip is generally the same. Is there any way to determine whether the mix is the one I want?

3) I believe iTunes offers AAC files at 128 kbps (with DRM) or 256 kbs (DRM-free); Wal-Mart offers WMA files at 128 kbps; and Amazon offers MP3 files at 256 kbps. How easily can AAC or WMA files be converted to the MP3 format? Is it even necessary for most players?

4) Does anybody have experience with Rhapsody or the other subscription services? I'm not looking for a lot of songs, but some are semi-obscure, and I'd like to be able to search Rhapsody's site before I pony up for a monthly fee. Actually, now that I think about it, is Rhapsody a download service or effectively a radio station?

Thanks....

Well I can answer 1 and 3. As for 1, there is a section called "iTunes plus" which is where all of the DRM-free versions of the songs are located and are the same price as all of the songs with DRM. For number 3, songs that are not protected (DRM-free or ripped of a CD) can be converted to the format of choice. It doesn't matter what format the song is in on most music players.

ok, just ran into a major problem, i deleted all of the songs from my limewire library, thinking that they would still be in my music or somewhere else on the computer. now none of the songs that i downloaded from limewire will play on itunes or my ipod. i checked the recycle bin thinking that i could just restore all of the files but they aren't there. can anybody tell me either where to find the files so i can just put them back into limewire or what else i can do?

ok, just ran into a major problem, i deleted all of the songs from my limewire library, thinking that they would still be in my music or somewhere else on the computer. now none of the songs that i downloaded from limewire will play on itunes or my ipod. i checked the recycle bin thinking that i could just restore all of the files but they aren't there. can anybody tell me either where to find the files so i can just put them back into limewire or what else i can do?

You are most likely going to have to download all those songs again.

this may have come up earlier in the thread, so i apologize if it has. i bought the 80 gig ipod video earlier this year, around november, and it's been working fine up until now. just recently, it locked up on me, so i figured i'd restart it like normal by holding the menu and centre buttons. only thing is, when it came back to, i go to a screen saying to connect to itunes to restore. it was very odd. so i plugged it into itunes, and hit restore, and all went well until it finished, in which i got a message saying something along the lines of 'the ipod is corrupted and must be restored. disconnect and reconnect again'. so i do this again, and same message. all the while, when the ipod is connected, the screen is darkened and in black and white with small 'do not disconnect' written at the bottom. does anyone have any ideas how to solve this, or am i best to just return it? i bought it at the campus store, so they pretty much have me covered for anything i buy while i'm still a student.

Still looking to buy an iPod. Looking for a used but good condition or a newer one.

I have equipment to trade + cash. Not trying to spend a fortune but if anyone can help me out, please PM me.

Thanks.

Maybe i'm not the first to ask this, but does anyone know how can i set the sound volumes for downloaded mp3s so that it stays same for all songs?

If you click Info on the song, there should be a volume adjustment under Options.

i know that option but i'd like to set the volumes so that if i look the info of the song it should say: 0 dB, now every song has a different number there.

as i know all that soundcheck does is that it maximalizes the volume at which tracks can be played, but if im listening not at the maximum volume i can stil hear differences when the next track is played, one is louder and so on...

Soundcheck is for hooking your iPod up to a PA or stereo. It levels the voume for every track, so if one song is playing at your desired volume, the next one won't blast your ear-drums out, or be too quiet.

Thanks, i've been searching the internet for a while and now i think some sound normalizer program should solve my problem. I guess this is the only reason why i shouldnt download every music from the internet...

Just got a new Nano 4G...and therefore dl the new iTunes.. I have a problem with it already.. iTunes, well, Pauses like 5-7 seconds into playing anything, video, or audio. It won't let me navigate around itunes, and my playlist while I'm trying to play something. it locks up quite often, but eventually it'll resume. I am running Vista on a Brand New Dell laptop. And all the software is up to date. WTF? More evidence for my Dislike for Apple.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=307419

after 3 hours of searching...finally found the answer.. I think.. seems to be running smoothly now.

What do you do if iTunes just deleates all of your playlists and all of your songs? Has this happened to anyone else? I was just listenin to some music and all of a sudden it stopped, and I looked at the iTunes screen and there was NO music on it. It just dissapeared. Any help from anyone would be very appreciated, I really dont wanna have to put my entire CD collection back on there again.

Any way to keep the "date added" option saved on my iPod? Every time I plug it in I have to manually go to view->view options and select it.

Have you tried the HELP on the apple's site?

They have a very large user group linked to it. Somebody otta have had a similar question.

Any way to keep the "date added" option saved on my iPod? Every time I plug it in I have to manually go to view->view options and select it.

as i know all that soundcheck does is that it maximalizes the volume at which tracks can be played, but if im listening not at the maximum volume i can stil hear differences when the next track is played, one is louder and so on...

If you're on Windows, try Audiograbber. If you're on a Mac, try MacMP3Gain. They both work well at averaging the sound volume, which is different from setting the peak, since a song could go ... ... .... BANG! Averaging makes the majority of the song sound closer in volume.

I noticed there is an MP3Gain, which I presume is Windows, but I've never used it.

I have ripped all of my music in apple lossless quality, now i got a smaller memory ipod and my music doesnt all fit. Is there some way that i can just compress the files instead of having to re-rip everything.