Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MB816 Problems

I contacted Rink Rat about my 3 bad wheels and Daniel replied within hours saying to give him the make/model of the exact wheels and my address and he'd send 3 new ones right away. That's pretty good if you ask me :)

No one is downing Rink Rat....I think this post got a little side tracked....RR makes great wheels and has pretty good customer service, but like any business they get busy and get behind, thats no big deal...

Has anyone found out for sure why all the retailers are out of the 816's until Feb.?

I have had exceptional service from Rink Rat. They always replace their faulty goods.

The problem is they have replaced too many faulty product for me. Everything I have bought from them has had to be returned. Once I bought a set of wheels, had them replaced and then had to have the replacements replaced as nothing would spin properly.

In the end the wheels I had would still would not spin so I changed brands.

In total I have had 3 sets of Hornets and had problems with all of them.

I used to say go with Rink Rat but now just go with whatever actually works.

not bashing rink rat ,i think there wheels are some of the best if not thee best ,problem was the new green hub hornets were exploding like crazy ,i didnt want to keep buying the same problem wheels and i only use rink rat hornets,the old wheels were great i dont know why they played around with changing the hub ,the place i get my wheels from havent received the new wheels and im not buying the same ones that might be defected,im useing hot shots,ill see how they hold up i didnt like them much in the past,but istill want to go with rink rat.i did buy my son some revision wheels ,ill see how they hold up.once again i wasnt bashing rr just a little frustrated with there service.

I just bought the 9500's and 3 of my 8 wheels have the hub cut in too short. The bearing can be pushed back and forward in the skate. I checked with the stock mission bearings and my BSB Swiss bearings... tried switching wheels to different places on the skate. It's defeinately the wheels. 2 of the 80mm and 1 of the 72mm. 1 is actually really bad. Just standing I can rotated the wheels from outer edge to inner edge (and vice versa) and that bad wheel makes a very loud click each time.

THANK YOU!

So I'm not the only one with a problem. Thank the good lord!

Hey Guys,

Lots of activity on the boards here boys. Ok I have finally had a chance to get to my computer after 3 days in Boston (one Goal Show) 5 days in Vegas (lets play hockey show) and now in Phoenix at Narch for 14 straight days. Sorry if I havent been able to answer everyone in a timly fashion buy I have been unable to access the internet the last few days.

Ok, onto the issues, for anyone that has had issues with our wheels please email RinkRat at sales@rinkrat.com this goes to 3 people at Rink Rat so if I'm on the road somebody will read it and answer you in a timely fashion.

We also realize that there have been some issues with some of our wheels, problems brought on by trying to make the best wheel on the planet (better) We push the envelope to bring the best products to our customers.

Listen, we have had some issues and we have corrected them, I have said on this board previously that I understand the frustration with new products failing and you feeling like your hard earned money has gone down the drain. One person on here mentioned that he wasn't looking for free wheels, thats good because I wasn't offering you free wheels, I was offering to replace your damaged wheels that failed on you that you paid hard earned money for. The offer still stands, send me your address, its not a handout, it simply the right thing to do!

Iceburg, what can I say to you other then for whatever reason you got lost in the shuffle, totally unacceptable and I take full responsibility for it, Send an email Wednesday morning to sales@rinkrat.com and mention the issue and your address and the wheels you need, they will be shipped 15 minutes later. I'm sorry for the problem.

I would also like to mention that every company has the odd issue now and again, we had them and corrected them, hopefully before you decide to change wheels from Rink Rat to another brand you think about it a little. Rink Rat has the best wheels on the market, and your game shouldn't suffer because we have had a few issues.

Rink Rat will always try to push the envelope to give you (the player)the best performing wheel for years to come.

Thanks again guys for all your support and contrary to what you may think I certainly don't have an issue with anyone coming on this board speaking there mind, sometimes its the best way to get me, so keep posting good or bad, I never take anything personally and I know if your on here chatting it up on the negative side I know its more out of frustration then any thing else!

Thanks again for your support guys!

Michael Hunt

Rink Rat

Hey Guys,

Lots of activity on the boards here boys. Ok I have finally had a chance to get to my computer after 3 days in Boston (one Goal Show) 5 days in Vegas (lets play hockey show) and now in Phoenix at Narch for 14 straight days. Sorry if I havent been able to answer everyone in a timly fashion buy I have been unable to access the internet the last few days.

Ok, onto the issues, for anyone that has had issues with our wheels please email RinkRat at sales@rinkrat.com this goes to 3 people at Rink Rat so if I'm on the road somebody will read it and answer you in a timely fashion.

We also realize that there have been some issues with some of our wheels, problems brought on by trying to make the best wheel on the planet (better) We push the envelope to bring the best products to our customers.

Listen, we have had some issues and we have corrected them, I have said on this board previously that I understand the frustration with new products failing and you feeling like your hard earned money has gone down the drain. One person on here mentioned that he wasn't looking for free wheels, thats good because I wasn't offering you free wheels, I was offering to replace your damaged wheels that failed on you that you paid hard earned money for. The offer still stands, send me your address, its not a handout, it simply the right thing to do!

Iceburg, what can I say to you other then for whatever reason you got lost in the shuffle, totally unacceptable and I take full responsibility for it, Send an email Wednesday morning to sales@rinkrat.com and mention the issue and your address and the wheels you need, they will be shipped 15 minutes later. I'm sorry for the problem.

I would also like to mention that every company has the odd issue now and again, we had them and corrected them, hopefully before you decide to change wheels from Rink Rat to another brand you think about it a little. Rink Rat has the best wheels on the market, and your game shouldn't suffer because we have had a few issues.

Rink Rat will always try to push the envelope to give you (the player)the best performing wheel for years to come.

Thanks again guys for all your support and contrary to what you may think I certainly don't have an issue with anyone coming on this board speaking there mind, sometimes its the best way to get me, so keep posting good or bad, I never take anything personally and I know if your on here chatting it up on the negative side I know its more out of frustration then any thing else!

Thanks again for your support guys!

Michael Hunt

Rink Rat

So will your personal email you gave out a while ago not get to you?

My email used to be mhunt@mearthane.com because of a virus 3 months ago or so i had to get it changed to mike_hunt@mearthane.com

I should get all my emails, getting online on the road is sometimes a challenge.

Mike

one thing when using mini bearings, and I'm not saying this is your problem #96, is that not every chassis is designed for them

quite a few speed frames had to be rounded off where the bearing made contact with a mini...shops would charge $30 or so for it...

if your frame doesn't have a rounded bearing shoulder...it won't spin well...

what you may or may not have been doing, since they spun well in the 9500's, is doing the same thing.but to the wheel when you used the dremel...

Mike, don't kick my ass at 35+ this year in TO...

If it's any consolation, my MB816's on my 9500's are absolutely perfect. No bearing clicking, they spin freely, etc. They perform so well, and the rebound is so great, I couldn't imagine them getting much better.

So there.

one thing when using mini bearings, and I'm not saying this is your problem #96, is that not every chassis is designed for them

quite a few speed frames had to be rounded off where the bearing made contact with a mini...shops would charge $30 or so for it...

if your frame doesn't have a rounded bearing shoulder...it won't spin well...

what you may or may not have been doing, since they spun well in the 9500's, is doing the same thing.but to the wheel when you used the dremel...

Mike, don't kick my ass at 35+ this year in TO...

A possibility for sure. But then why would a wheel in one position spin absolutely flawlessly, and then another wheel in a different position spin like crap? A chassis is a chassis. If I had a problem with every wheel in every position, I would 100% agree with your theory.

Not to mention, one bad wheel stays bad in 4 different skates (My VSIs with Red Star Eframe, Code 1s with Red Star Alloy, CCM Outcasts, then my brother's CCM PF4s.)

I have come to the irreversible conclusion it's the wheels. Doesn't help that I can physically see the bearing sticking out further than it should when all put together. That's what cued me to try dremeling in the first place.

well #96 you could always try revisions and if that doesn't work you might as well quit roller hockey cause you'll only have kuzak wheels left to try... :lol:

well #96 you could always try revisions and if that doesn't work you might as well quit roller hockey cause you'll only have kuzak wheels left to try... :lol:

Haha. Yeah sure can. I really liked the Revisions too. But I like the weight difference with the mini bearing wheels. If Revision made mini-hub wheels, I'd be all over them.

PS-Sorry about the double post above. I was having problems with the comp. earlier. All my Myspace posts double too :o

Mike thanks for the reply...Rink Rat is a stand up company and your 100% right on all your points...I will definatly be sticking with Rink Rat wheels cause I to personally think they are the best out there hands down....Thanks for all you do...You could always throw in one of those sweet looking rink rat jerseys for promotional purposes of course...LOL....Anyway thanks again to you and the whole Rink Rat family...

If anything should make you stay with Rink Rat it should be the customer service! Where else are you going to get such a thing as this? To top it off, they do make the best wheels on the market! I just want to say kudos to Mike for always taking care of us. I know I won't change wheels ANYTIME soon from RR's.

hey guys, just need some help gettin hold of mike! ive sent him a pm on here and also an email to his address he posted, but have had no reply.... my rink rat hornets just blew out really wierdly, never had it happen like that before!

heres a pic

wheel

Rink rat wheels are amazing, i just wanted to get in touch with mike to see what he thought of this, wonder if i got a bad batch. ive got a few more that have chunked like crazy after not too much use!

thats a solid chunk my friend.. maybe but it in a frame for observing? mikes at narch and its right in the middle of the day in arizona right now.. i doubt hes gonna have time to go on his computer now.. maybe later.. eventually youll get a hold of him since narch ends tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure Mike said his email had changed to something different due to a virus. He also mentioned you could email the info address and have somone work with you from there.

hey guys, just need some help gettin hold of mike! ive sent him a pm on here and also an email to his address he posted, but have had no reply.... my rink rat hornets just blew out really wierdly, never had it happen like that before!

heres a pic

wheel

Rink rat wheels are amazing, i just wanted to get in touch with mike to see what he thought of this, wonder if i got a bad batch. ive got a few more that have chunked like crazy after not too much use!

Ash ive tried emailing Mike for weeks and he just replied back because he's been busy with Narch so dont worry you'll get a reply.

ash 96 was that wheel a front or back that chunked off?i noticed my front and back wheels dont last as long as the middle two.im thining of going harder wheels in front and back and softer wheels in middle.

well that would make sense if your front and back wheel chunked out chipped more often. Your front wheel gets alot of use from pushing off and your back get alot of use from turning.. harder might be better for chunking but you might want a softer wheel for grip aswell.. something to think about

Huge Thanks To You RINKRAT!

I had a set of Hornet's that were buckled (very rare problem), I have been emailing Mike about them a while ago. After reading Mike's last email about him being away alot and not always being able to reply, I decieded to contact the sales team @ Rinkrat. I got a response the next day from Daniel Reilly the Customer Service Manager at Rink Rat he said that the replacement wheels were on there way and to allow 3 to 4 days delivery. I thought it would be more like a week or so because I live in New Zealand! I just received the wheels today, Great customer service the wheel arrived in exactly 4 days AWESOME! I would just like to thank Daniel and Mike from Rinkrat for there help! If you are having problems with your wheels and are trying to contact Rinkrat, stick with it they will definatly help you out! :)

eventually rinkrat will fix your problems.. they are very good at that. Mike is now done with narch and will probably be back around the offices soon.. so im sure all of you guys that sent your problems will be fixed when he gets his email.. obviously you can still put the puck in the net mike lol

eventually rinkrat will fix your problems.. they are very good at that. Mike is now done with narch and will probably be back around the offices soon.. so im sure all of you guys that sent your problems will be fixed when he gets his email.. obviously you can still put the puck in the net mike lol.. you shoulda played with us at sporttime after those clinics B)