Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

willc7786

MIA's business practices

hey all...just recently joined up and wanted to say what a great site this is.

Anyways, I've heard nothing but good things about these gloves, which has gotten me interested in them. I've checked out my main local shop, but they don't have a pair. Does anyone know a shop on Long Island, NY that has these? I'd get a custom pair anyway, but I'd like to try them on to get a feel for them first. Thanks.

hey all...just recently joined up and wanted to say what a great site this is.

Anyways, I've heard nothing but good things about these gloves, which has gotten me interested in them. I've checked out my main local shop, but they don't have a pair. Does anyone know a shop on Long Island, NY that has these? I'd get a custom pair anyway, but I'd like to try them on to get a feel for them first. Thanks.

Why would any shop carry them when they sell direct? How does it help my store?

I hope shop owners will boycott their brand for this. I certainly won't be bringing any in, that's for sure.

Why would any shop carry them when they sell direct? How does it help my store?

I hope shop owners will boycott their brand for this. I certainly won't be bringing any in, that's for sure.

There are stores that carry them. I custom ordered mine and told them I tried it in in a store and they asked which store. I told which store as I tried to get an idea of what they fit like and they said they would do a sale of purchase through that store because I tried them on there. I found them to be very fair that way in not trying to undercut the store but rather work with the store on the sale.

There are stores that carry them. I custom ordered mine and told them I tried it in in a store and they asked which store. I told which store as I tried to get an idea of what they fit like and they said they would do a sale of purchase through that store because I tried them on there. I found them to be very fair that way in not trying to undercut the store but rather work with the store on the sale.

Any company that sells direct won't be in my store.

Any company that sells direct won't be in my store.

A lot of stores feel that way, and with good reason.

Please excuse the long post and in no way do I mean to offend anyone. I can't but feel that MIA is getting a bad rap a bit. I understand that everyone must put food on the table for themselves and family but my dealings with MIA were nothing sort of great. Even though I ordered online the shared in the sale with a store in which I tried on the gloves. To me this shows integrity, which seems to be missing in todays society. Would it be suggested that a large store (i.e. epuck) that does sales via the internet should be boycotted because not all stores can afford to compete (i.e. a mom and pop store). To me I feel that I was treated as an individual through MIA and reading the fact that there product is made by people in Canada and offer far pay and hours unlike some large companies made me feel good about my purchase. I understand the dealing direct can take away from sales from smaller operations but could a small store not work in junction with MIA. I have a bigger problem with large companies having foriegn workers make products of hugh profit while violating human rights. When speaking of boycotts should that not be the real reason rather than terminolgy of made in america. I buy no means want to cut small operations of business I feel they are the backbone that is left in this society and I will pay extra for quality and service. I think everybody should take pride in their comuinity and support local business and not just the easy homedepot style outlet but I will say I never received such service as I did with MIA and I no I could not get that at any of my stores. Lets face it the internet has changed the way business is done. You don't have to look anyfarther than this board to see how educated the consumer is. To be treated like you are a nhl player getting what you want is hard to fined in some stores. Again I do not mean to offend anyone I just feel MIA is getting a bad shake.

Thanks Sid

Please excuse the long post and in no way do I mean to offend anyone. I can't but feel that MIA is getting a bad rap a bit. I understand that everyone must put food on the table for themselves and family but my dealings with MIA were nothing sort of great. Even though I ordered online the shared in the sale with a store in which I tried on the gloves. To me this shows integrity, which seems to be missing in todays society. Would it be suggested that a large store (i.e. epuck) that does sales via the internet should be boycotted because not all stores can afford to compete (i.e. a mom and pop store). To me I feel that I was treated as an individual through MIA and reading the fact that there product is made by people in Canada and offer far pay and hours unlike some large companies made me feel good about my purchase. I understand the dealing direct can take away from sales from smaller operations but could a small store not work in junction with MIA. I have a bigger problem with large companies having foriegn workers make products of hugh profit while violating human rights. When speaking of boycotts should that not be the real reason rather than terminolgy of made in america. I buy no means want to cut small operations of business I feel they are the backbone that is left in this society and I will pay extra for quality and service. I think everybody should take pride in their comuinity and support local business and not just the easy homedepot style outlet but I will say I never received such service as I did with MIA and I no I could not get that at any of my stores. Lets face it the internet has changed the way business is done. You don't have to look anyfarther than this board to see how educated the consumer is. To be treated like you are a nhl player getting what you want is hard to fined in some stores. Again I do not mean to offend anyone I just feel MIA is getting a bad shake.

Thanks Sid

Glad your dealings with them were great. I will be telling ALL of my fellow store owners to boycott them.

People act in their own best interest.

For GM and other shop owners, it means not carrying a brand that sells directly to the customer. For MIA, it means bypassing shops and selling directly to customers. If MIA thinks they can be profitable without shop exposure, so be it. I'm positive that MIA knew shop owners weren't going to gladly stock their products if they can be (and are encouraged to be) bought online directly from MIA. Just my 2 cents.

But there have been stores who have brought them in thinking that they would not sell direct.

At least make it more to buy direct - cut the shops a break...

i understand that all the shops are angry but look at it from the business perspective

wut are they losing by not selling to in advantage to shops?

they have a solid product and want to sell direct

better for player not better for shops

i understand that all the shops are angry but look at it from the business perspective

wut are they losing by not selling to in advantage to shops?

they have a solid product and want to sell direct

better for player not better for shops

See my post.

Boycott a company because they sell direct...Are you !@#ING kidding me. Do you know how many Successful Corporations sell direct and are very well respected among store owners and consumers. The hockey industry is the only one of few industrys I know of that Cut out the consumer...No Product brochures, no Help on purchasing there product.....The product they want you to buy???Think about it! And if your lucky only a few Stores that sell those products actually know what the hell they are talking about. But my understanding is that CCM, Bauer....On and on>>>make all there money with the big hockey leauges. Not Someone like myself that keeps buying there product because I like it.

I would also like to add that if you own or run a store and do a good job the consumer in my experience will make you the middle man anyways. Because they like your service, so they feel they can trust you over some huge corporation.

G.M. I think you taking it a little too far, if your gonna go out and tell companies to Boycott Mia, just because they sell direct, thats not fair, it should be their decision.

Too me I think Mia is a great thing. Custom Gloves, everything, I've always imagined to have my name embroidered on my gloves, just like the pros :rolleyes:

I just think thats Bullsh!t if you go out and tell different shops to Boycott Mia just because you do.

P.S. MissConduct, those gloves are wicked nice....Beauty's

I'm with ya! I support Mia fully

Go MIA!!

Doug

How can you not see their point though? Why order a product that will inevitably be higher-priced at your shop so you can make money, then some kid will just order them on-line because "i can get my name on them w00t!" and you're left with your dick in your hand, along with xxx amount of unsold pairs.

I fully get the point, I'm just saying I don't like how he's saying he's going to tell other shops to boycott Mia just because he thinks they should.

G.M. I think you taking it a little too far, if your gonna go out and tell companies to Boycott Mia, just because they sell direct, thats not fair, it should be their decision.

Too me I think Mia is a great thing. Custom Gloves, everything, I've always imagined to have my name embroidered on my gloves, just like the pros :rolleyes:

I just think thats Bullsh!t if you go out and tell different shops to Boycott Mia just because you do.

P.S. MissConduct, those gloves are wicked nice....Beauty's

I'm with ya! I support Mia fully

Go MIA!!

Doug

I talk to many other shops everyday and they can do what they want. I will go ahead though and speak my mind. If they bring it in, good for them. I will continue to boycott them and hopefully, others will as well.

I agree fully with this, I must of miss understood you then, I thought you meant you were going to just go tell people to not sell Mia because you weren't. But now I understand that you talk to other shops everyday, and probably have alot of friends in the business that you tlk to and speak your mind, If I was part of a store I would probably have the same attitude towards them.

Sorry for the miss-understanding G.M.

Dougie