Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tyler9

Milkshakes

I just take ice cream and put it in the blender. usually its vanilla with some type of fruit, but sometimes its just a flavor of ice cream like chip and mint.

Well I used to work at a local ice cream store so I know a thing or two when it comes to ice cream. When I worked at the store we used a special stuff called "malt mix" but I'm almost positive you won't be able to find it anywhere. It's a base that you add other stuff too. When I make them at home its always vanilla with whatever added to it, like chocolate, strawberry, etc. Or you can take the plain strawberry or chocolate ice cream. Then I add malted milk powder or just malt powder for short. It adds a whole new level to a shake. Finally add a little milk so that the ice cream sticks to itself better. Mmmmmm.... good stuff.

Rumpleminze, ice cream and milk. Start with two inches of Rumpleminze in the bottom of the blender and work from that.

Well I used to work at a local ice cream store so I know a thing or two when it comes to ice cream. When I worked at the store we used a special stuff called "malt mix" but I'm almost positive you won't be able to find it anywhere. It's a base that you add other stuff too. When I make them at home its always vanilla with whatever added to it, like chocolate, strawberry, etc. Or you can take the plain strawberry or chocolate ice cream. Then I add malted milk powder or just malt powder for short. It adds a whole new level to a shake. Finally add a little milk so that the ice cream sticks to itself better. Mmmmmm.... good stuff.

Well, its called a malt if you add malt mix sir. I have malt mix, my local costco actualy sells it. Its rather easy to find, a lot of specialty stores around here have it. I hate Whopers (chocolate with malt center), but I love the taste of a vanilla malt

Damn all this talk of malts and shakes. I am gonna go make one right now, I haven't had one for so long.

Guest Datsyuk*13

Ive never made it at home but perkins serves amazing milk shakes there huge. And so dang tasty

Well, its called a malt if you add malt mix sir. I have malt mix, my local costco actualy sells it. Its rather easy to find, a lot of specialty stores around here have it. I hate Whopers (chocolate with malt center), but I love the taste of a vanilla malt

I know malt powder is available, it's in every grocery store in the US and probably Canada, that's not what I was refering to as being hard to get. "Malt Mix" is a ice cream base that isn't really ice cream but isn't really anything else. It is developed by the company I used to work for "Whitey's Ice Cream". The only way you can get that stuff is if you call up the production plant in Moline, IL and order 3 gallon buckets of it.

I know malt powder is available, it's in every grocery store in the US and probably Canada, that's not what I was refering to as being hard to get. "Malt Mix" is a ice cream base that isn't really ice cream but isn't really anything else. It is developed by the company I used to work for "Whitey's Ice Cream". The only way you can get that stuff is if you call up the production plant in Moline, IL and order 3 gallon buckets of it.

I am not talking about the powder either. It is a liquid. Comes in boxes, and has three bags with the little pour caps on the top.

not much for milkshakes at home, drank too many at work. I'm more a of a smoothy man. I normally take some orange juice, add some Bananas, sTrawberrys, Yogurt and i'm good to go. Crushed Ice cubes as well. sorry.

I like my "Milkshake" with blonde hair and light eyes.

must be one tastey smooth milkshake

Ha ha, I guess people don't know a new meaning of Milkshake. A girl's milkshake is "the way she carries her shit." Her walk, her ass, her body, whatever makes her hot, her "stuff."

Head to the nearest Steak 'n Shake or Jack in the box.

I miss St. Louis sometimes. A chocolate chip milkshake with the greasiest burger and fries would taste mighty good right now.

They don't have Steak 'n Shakes up there? Damn, they're easily the best fast food ones around.

None in Philly. And you figured we would with all the greasy crap around here.

And a rootbeer shake from Fitz's. They were fantastic.

Damn, I'm going to try that out next time I make a shake. I remember Edy's/Dreyers had a rootbeer float ice cream that was absolutely the best ice cream ever.