Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

Very nice. Like the Vanguard setup better than the Hummr'?

I had been using a hi-lo for the past number of years and after the initial period of adjustment I really liked the Hummr...however when I used them for the first time in real game action at a tournament a slap shot hit my skate and dented the right chassis in (which I posted about here a while ago). Tour was good to me and allowed me to send the skates in and they put a replacement chassis on each skate, however they had to use an older model of the Hummr because the new Hummrs that come on the 9.9 and Qs were not yet available by themselves. 0527080127.jpg

I don't really know why, but this chassis felt different to me than the new black ProSet II hummr that came with the skates. Something just felt off and it affected my skating so I just put the Vanguard on and it solved the problem.

That is one atrocious looking boot!

I'm not the biggest fan of it, but in need of a Tour boot, I had to choose between that and the Q. I feel like the 9.9 is the lesser ugly of the two.

Does anyone know where I can get an ice->inline conversion in southern VA? I live in Williamsburg. I'd be willing to travel about 2 hours in any direction to get it done. I'm sure there are some places in NorVA but I don't know where they are. Help me out?

Nothing special Wicked 5's with Mag Alloy Vanguard....RR MB816's...Light skate...I'm happy with how they turned out....

hockeywq9.th.jpg

Edited by stock07

I love the d-limiteds but I think the wheels are spaced out a bit further on the redstar chassis than the team generator and its a different feeling. I guess im still getting used to them. That and my pureflys are so beat, Im going to need to replace them soon. Im thinking of going to a cobbler and having them swap the tongues from the pureflys to the d-limiteds then trashing the pureflys. I hope this new mission ice line is as bad ass as it looks.