Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

what size is the skate? holder looks too small, and appears to be mounted too far forward. they feel alright when your skating on them?

The skate is a 9E, I matched up the chassis size (medium - http://www.hockeymonkey.com/mission-magnes...assis-set.html) according to mission boot sizing method. My LHS only had to drill into one of the previous FUBAR :angry: factory made holes on both skates - other than that they matched right up with the tri-di holes. Skating in them is pretty awkward though, played 3 games with them and still don't feel comfty at all (nothing to do with the chassis position or size)... Boot is too stiff around the top (baked them twice to try to get that worked out), it won't wrap around my ankle so it feels loose and if it wasn't for the heel lock I get in them I wouldn't use them at all. Have to use a bunga pad on the right skate as the ankle foam shifted down a bit that expose a plastic edge which was digging on the bone above the ankle. Have to do alot more skating to break in the skate, glad it was a gift though (no money lost on the boot).

Here are my conversions of the last few years. I have Code Carbon's as my primary hockey pair, but have a "thing" for the Nike Zoom Air's in white, ever since I got my first pair over 10 years ago. I am about to convert a pair of Nike Air Accel Elite ice with a white sprung chassis. I know some people hated these skates but I've had a thing for them ever since I got my first pair - always draw attention.

The new Mission Boss Black's don't look half as good....!

1st ever pair, converted with an ancient Mission chassis (added Nike graphics) - converted around 10 years ago, ignore the wheels as these haven't been used for years.

Picture084.jpg

2nd pair converted with Mission VI HI-Lo's, and Rink Rat Hornets

Picture174.jpg

3rd pair converted with another Mission Hi-Lo (looking to change this chassis for a red Mission Mg or white Mission Mg vanguard asap)

Picture120.jpg

And lastly a pair of Nike Air Accel Elites I'm about to convert with a white Sprung chassis or white Mission Mg frame

9922_1.jpg

Thanks for your comments :)

I have 3 pairs of the black Zooms too, so not looking to add more lol - thanks for the offer however :)

Not sure why these skates are my favourite of all time, theyre heavy and not even a great skate.

I find it funny that Mission are rolling white versions of the Boss though, they look a bit wrong with the green trim.

I would have been interested 6 months ago...think my girlfriend would kill me if she found another pair.

Think people over play the fact that they're heavy. Yes they are heavier than most, but nothing that should stop you if you like the feel and look of the skate.

I have the new Boss skate mounted on Hummer frames.. Ill post pics in a bit. Definitely a flashy skate, but without the green Rinkrats, I think many of you will change your opinion.

It is the best boot I have ever worn. Ill post some pics of the inside of the skate and youll get an idea. I can't even compare the out of the box comfort to any other skate Ive ever worn.. Those of you who don't like the white will get over it once you try this skate on.

Than what is the point? Would you not be better off with the vanguards if your not wearing 80’s on you hummer frame.

Shocking as it may seem, some people may prefer the Hum'er *gasp* over the Vanguard. Blasphemous, I know, but entirely possible. :rolleyes:

My cheapy conversion. Built so I could take my 3 yearold son to the free roller leasons at rollin ice in san jose to supplement his ice lessons.

Boot and frames gotten from HG 80.00.

Wheels and bearings local 20.00

mounting 40 :(

P1040257-1.jpg

wanted to see what would look like with white laces

P1040256.jpg

Thinking about adding some black wheels possible redstars or something else not sure if that will be too much black.

Edited by ahbroody

Ahh so you got the frames - great price :)

I think they look far from a "cheap" conversion" - id stick with the black laces and get the green Rink Rats or get the black Rink Rat Hornets.

Overall look is pretty nice, I love that Kuzak frame - old school ftw

skated on them today at the little guys lesson. Man they are comfortable. Have them set up rockered I guess you would call it.

Like how skating movements are easier on roller. HATE!!!!! stopping issues. So different.

I wonder how that boot compares to the regular boss skate do you know?

I have the original Boss on the same Labeda frames. It is a very good skate. The Boss Black is a GREAT skate.

Than what is the point? Would you not be better off with the vanguards if your not wearing 80’s on you hummer frame.

I was only sent the boot. I have a couple sets of the hummer frames. Thats really my reasoning, but besides that, I am just used to the feel of a flat frame. Realistically, if you wanted to dremel it out, you only need to take two millimeters out of the bottom of the skate. I was planning on doing just that to my last skates, but its really a pain in the a** just to sit 2mm higher off the floor.