Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

g0o0nshow

New Vector skates be careful

I say it's more a popularity premium, suckers know Canadians love hockey and are obsesed and will pay anything. :D They can get more, ... simple supply and demand.

Exactly - been saying that for years--- We should be getting the best deals - and were getting ripped.

actually it not a sticker its in digital font so by taking a black felt you can color in the lines to make your number your number, the 88 is there because it has all the lines in the 8 to make any number

what is that like 88 thing on the back of the skate ?

You can put your # on the back of the skate. That picture is taken with #88 put in. I think there like a sticker or something like that.

yeah but its kind dumb and you know some kids gunna put 69 as his number back there

69 = forcheck/backcheck. True 2-way player ;)

actually it not a sticker its in digital font so by taking a black felt you can color in the lines to make your number your number, the 88 is there because it has all the lines in the 8 to make any number

So, what if after your seasons you change number? no way to have a new #?

and due to the american dollar being so close to the canadian dollar its screwing the canadian shops up.

All other things equal, a stronger Canadian dollar should mean prices in Canada relative to the States should go down, not the other way around. As for prices being higher in Canada because of greater demand, if true then we would expect hockey equipment prices to be higher in say Minnesota and the Northeast than they are in Texas or Florida, but somehow I doubt that's true.

It's not just hockey goods that Canadians get screwed on, check cross-border prices on electronics, cameras, jewelry - everything is more expensive after in Canada after exchange is figured in than you'd think they should be.

i think you can take soap and a towel to the number area as it seems to be a different material than the rest of the skate and wash off the blackened area so you can change your number. Its what i plan on doing as i play for 3 spring hokcey teams

and due to the american dollar being so close to the canadian dollar its screwing the canadian shops up.

All other things equal, a stronger Canadian dollar should mean prices in Canada relative to the States should go down, not the other way around. As for prices being higher in Canada because of greater demand, if true then we would expect hockey equipment prices to be higher in say Minnesota and the Northeast than they are in Texas or Florida, but somehow I doubt that's true.

It's not just hockey goods that Canadians get screwed on, check cross-border prices on electronics, cameras, jewelry - everything is more expensive after in Canada after exchange is figured in than you'd think they should be.

when the exchange rate was $1 USD = $1.6 CAN or thereabouts, the price different wasn't that bad, for example, a pair of vapor XX's would be $400-450US depending on where, and in canada they'd be about $650. it's only now that the exchange rate makes it cheaper to buy stuff in america. i guess it's because the canadian MSRP's are still assume the canadian dollar is much weaker than the american dollar

Well i just picked up a pair and skated on them they were awsome...Before I was in the Vapor XXX and i thought the transition to the CCM wouldd be hard but it was actually quite smooth. Thats not the pint of this thread I don't know if its in all of them be when i took my skates in to get rockered my sharpener told me taht the holder on my left skate was not mounted properly in fact it was on an angle. I have no idea how i skated on them but if your interested in these skates, be sure to check the holder to make sure they are both mounted properly.

Which skate do you like better now? The Bauer XXX's or the Vector 10.0 with ls2's?

Has anyone moved from a "tradtional" boot...like say the Mission S500...into a "uniboot" like the Vector 10?

What was the difference in feel? Much adjustment? Which do you prefer?

Has anyone moved from a "tradtional" boot...like say the Mission S500...into a "uniboot" like the Vector 10?

What was the difference in feel? Much adjustment? Which do you prefer?

I dont understand what you mean by a traditional and uni boot.

mew1838, pls forgive my lack of terminology...What I'm trying to get at is...boots like Mission S-series and Bauer Supremes are built along the more traditional hockey boot style. The newer boot style...what I've been describing as a "uni-boot" (what would be correct terminology?)... have more of a single hard exterior shell to it..boots like the Vector, Mission XP, Bauer XXX.

The claim here is they have superior energy transfer (go fast) but they logically lose some agility (hense ccm lace lock to get around this).

I am imagining the different boot styles bring a different on-ice experience

...and there would be a period of adjustment beyond normal break-in. It's a stiffer experience.

mew, what was the dif when you switched into the Vectors?

I skated on supreme 5000 before switching to vectors, the stiffness is of course something to get used to but I enjoy the extra stiffness now and beside that the diff between the skates were just the pitch and the rocker of the blade. The power trasnsfer come from the outsole which is "texalium matrix" on the top vector. I'm pleased with the vectors and would reccomend it to anyone.

Did you find you lost some agility? Or, perhaps, that part of the adjustment was relearning how to be agile in a stiffer boot?

I skated on supreme 5000 before switching to vectors, the stiffness is of course something to get used to but I enjoy the extra stiffness now and beside that the diff between the skates were just the pitch and the rocker of the blade. The power trasnsfer come from the outsole which is "texalium matrix" on the top vector. I'm pleased with the vectors and would reccomend it to anyone.

Vector has always had a texallium outsole. The ONE90 has one as well.

Maybe my terminology is messed up too but I think the Kor is a uniboot construction.

I went from a pro-stock bauer vapor 10 (not X) to the vector pro and absolutely love the vectors. tons lighter and just fits my particular foot shape better. Just got the 10.0's and love them just as much...

I went from Graf 703s to Vector Pros, and the differences for me were:

- the 703s were more comfortable throughout strides and in turns

- the Vector Pros were more responsive in starts

- slow-speed quick turns and stops were easier in the 703s because I could flop my foot over

- high-speed stops were easier in the Vector Pros because they were much stiffer

- I had better top-end speed with the 703s, but quicker acceleration with the Vector Pros

- I skated better backwards and could "shoot the duck" more easily with the 703s

- I get to more loose pucks and have more breakaways with the Vector Pros