Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Need help

What did this pattern become?

Reason why I'm asking is b/c I have this cutie who plays college hockey and she's asking me b/c she wants to get an intermediate in something similar. LOL I'm surprised, she really knows her stuff...maybe if I get to know her she can be the first female Mod :)

Anyway, help a brotha out...

If you're talking about the old school Ultra Graphite Roenick/Kariya, nothing replaced it. It was about a 1/2" mid toe w/ a square toe. If she shoots left I have one in decent shape.

Did the Roenick make it to the UG line? I remember it being a mid-ish curve but can't really say it was replaced by another name.

You're right Mack, I don't think it made it to the Ultra Graphite. The one I have is actually an Xtreme Graphite w/ the silver block label on the hosel. Roenick either used to be the Kariya or the Kariya became the Roenick. I forget which.

Alden-

I don't know if they merged because I remember the Kariya being its own pattern while the Roenick was around. I remember that line having the Roenick, Kariya and the Leetch. I want to say that Kariya pattern was the Sakic and then the Sakic became the curve that it is now. I say that because I remember the first Sakics being more Modano-ish, but they also had the Zhamnov which I think was the pre-Modano. Argh, I need old pattern charts.

I do know that the Roenick woodie is a lot different than the graphite I have. I picked up one of the woods back in the day and was dissappointed it was so different. If it's still the same 5/8 mid it's definitely not a 5.5 lie. More like 6.5.

I can post some pics of both later.

yeah kariya and roenick were two different curves. as far as i know, the kariya turned into the sakic before the sakic went to its own curve shape. and i'm pretty sure the zhamnov was a kariya clone as well. i remember seeing one on ebay. i had a roenick extreme graphite back in the day. as far as i can recall, it looked like a modern day linstrom. but don't take my word on it, i'm just going on memory.

I loved the old Roenick pattern. I used them in my old pro gold aluminum shaft. It was different from the Kariya though, I think that became the Zhamnov and Roenick became the original Sakic. The Composite version wasn't as common and wasn't the same as the wood one.

I have a wood Roenick blade, but I modded it. I remember it was a closed mid, probably closest I can think of would be the Iggy with maybe a little Sakic thrown in (curve not loft). The graphite ones I've seen have been similar to the Lidstrom, but I had only ever saw RH graphites and that always screws me up a bit.

I wish I'd have seen these Lidstrom-like ones because the Leetches were the pre-Lidstroms and they never carried that pattern around here.

On a side not, anyone remember the first Easton graphites? The J-Series something ones? It wasn't that durable but had a couple of great patterns. I'd love to see one of those pop up somewhere.

I remember talking about the Leetch/ Lidstrom blades. The Leetch I have is nothing like todays Lidstrom, it's got less curve, but then the original Lidstroms were very similar if not exact. This Roenick that I saw would be comparable to todays Lidstrom again if my right handed preception isn't screwing me up.

I know everything around '97-'98 when UGs started coming out that had Leetch on it was today's Lidstrom. Before then, I'm not sure what it was because I was using the Thorntonelli pattern.

Yeah, it was the Ciccarelli but I'm lazy and merged their names. That's the one pattern I wish they'd have made composite, it was a damn beauty.