Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thejackal

Mtl vs TO

I loved how Tucker opened him up and Kovy went right to the boards and was scared to fight. Downey challenges McCabe, but runs away from Domi. Then none of the Habs would fight Belak on the last shift. I wouldn't mind if they weren't cheap as hell and got away with everything.

You cant look at it that way though, obviously tucker deserves things like that but being the person that he is doesnt make it any less of an elbow.

No definately and in the end of things I'd like to see Kovalev suspended for the elbow, but I'm just saying there was motivation and thankfully Kovy got filled in afterwards. Tucker was in 2 fights where the Habs jumped in before he could do any damage.

Maybe I missed something. I didn't see the incident live, only on a quick replay. But I saw Tucker try to line Kovy up, and Kovy no doubt put his arms up. Tucker drops to the ground like the pile of $hit he really is. Gets up and chases after Kovy. I really didn't see any squaring off. I just saw Tucker get up and skate around like chicken with his head cut off. I'm not saying Kovy was right, but that's just what I saw.

If Kovy is getting suspended, so should Tucker. He got up and chased Kovy. Instant instigator in my book, and it was with less than 5 mins left = 1 game.

I think Tucker is a little weasel and completely deserved that after trying to take out Komisarek with the elbow and being an overall jerkface. Kovalev made my day.

Also got a nice new avatar from it.

Komisarek's the biggest pussy in the league. He was running around all season throwing cheap headshots. While running away afterwards.

Tucker did miss on the elbow, then got elbowed in the face, and went after him to fight him. Tucker won't get suspended for the same reason Doan didn't. On the play he wasn't sent out to fight which is what the penalty is there for.

Love that av, Chara. Just don't send it to the League for review, makes Kovy look reallllllly bad.

Komisarek's the biggest pussy in the league. He was running around all season throwing cheap headshots. While running away afterwards.

Tucker did miss on the elbow, then got elbowed in the face, and went after him to fight him. Tucker won't get suspended for the same reason Doan didn't. On the play he wasn't sent out to fight which is what the penalty is there for.

He probably won't. But I think that's just a joke of a rule, or a double standard more precisely.

My reason being: If a fighter goes out and fights, he gets suspended. But if a regular guy, like Doan, goes out and fights, "It's not in the spirit of the rule" - Colin Campbell. What kinda lawyer BS is that...a fight is a fight. 5 minutes left is 5 minutes left. Now I understand that if you put your tough guy out there, he's probably gonna fight, but then all the regular guys can go out and do it?

Tucker is testing the limit though, he's teetering on the line of regular guy and tough guy. He's not exactly Mr. Clean.

I guess I'll have to wait for the TSN internet highlites before I see this, eh?

Anyone have the clip?  Thanks

You didn't see it, Theo? You watching the Rangers lose their millionth 1 goal game like me huh? Especially a one goal loss, after leading by 2 earlier. So while watching the game, you too must have noticed that Ozolinsh turns over the puck by: A) just a plain old pass to the other team B ) bad pass to a teammate that winds up nowhere them C) slow and inaccurate pass to a teammate that then results in them getting hit and thus a turnover D) holds onto the puck too long and then gets hit and thus a turnover.

He's showing me he's no longer a top 4 guy. PP yes, but I'm just not seeing him perform well enough in a consistent top 4 role, a la the wonderful pass to Simon Gagne the other night.

But I digress, this topic was about that little scumbag Tucker. My bad.

I don't see how Komisarek is a bigger pussy than Tucker.

His endless stream of diving and whining is enough for him to deserve every cheapshot he recieves.

He also shyed away from going into the corner with Simpson tonight.

Doan's in the same boat though. It's just meant for jumping people, but I agree, it's pointless.

Did Chara get suspended for his?

Doan's in the same boat though. It's just meant for jumping people, but I agree, it's pointless.

Did Chara get suspended for his?

Well, maybe I didn't word it right. But the rule isn't pointless. I actually like the rule to certain degree. It's the double standard that bothers me. A fight with less than 5 minutes left is a fight. It doesn't take a known tough guy to go out and start a fight. If a team is losing, the game is turning chippy, and your second line winger goes and gets in a fight...it's still a fight. And to me, should be suspendable under the new rules. It's not fair to the guys that do fight, that make careers out of being tough guys to be labeled and suspendable, when other guys can go out and not suffer the same punishment for the same thing, fighting.

The rule is inplace to stop people fights happening in the last 5 minutes just for the sake of fighting. Problem is most fighters know they have to do this in the last 5 minutes, so it is agreed upon and nobody takes the instigator. If an Instigator is handed out in a situation where a player doesn't want to fight, it'll be reviewed anyways. Thus I view it as pointless. If tough guys are going to fight, they'll fight. If people are getting jumped, you review the play to make sure it wasn't uncalled for an was within the realm of the game. I don't like the idea of any fight being a suspension in the last 5 minutes as it gives a free pass for cheapshots in blow-outs.

Ohhh, I gottcha EZ. So that's why you're saying Tucker won't get suspended, cuz it was done in the "Realm of play".

I can see that I guess. But you have to admit, Tucker got up and was looking for nobody else than Kovy at that point. Under normal circumstances, that's an instigator.

BTW, where in the world is Eddie Belfour? Is he back in Carmen, Manitoba?

He went home his back is screwed again.

Yes, Tucker did get up and go right after him, but he wasn't sent out to fight, and thats what the rule is in place for. If he gets suspended it will be because of past instances, and I seriously doubt it. As my intepretation of the rule from the book and Cambell outlines a player going out there, dropping his gloves grabbing the person next to him and throwing puches.

What a hit! I love how Tucker never saw it coming because Kovalev had the puck and BOOM! I agree kovalev was scared of fighting afterwards but man, great hit!

Tucker totally deserve it, the one attempted seconds before was dirty as hell. I'm happy to see that someone gave to Darcy Tucker a taste of it's own medecine.

I loved how Tucker opened him up and Kovy went right to the boards and was scared to fight.

Exactly.. Tucker might do the same shit sometimes... and is definitely not the cleanest player in the league.. but he'll back his shit up when he has too...

However, this doesn't change the fact that my Leafs were utterly embarassed these past 2 games.. 2 biggest games of the year.. games where you can swing the momentum huge, or at the very least stay in it w/ a split.. and they get spanked..

Something needs to happen this offseason to make a move in some sort of positive direction.. im willing to wait (I am a Leafs fan after all) because the past 5-6 years has been doing whatever it takes to be mediocre .

The team isn't great, but they've underachieved since X-mas due to lack of motivation. They have some good players, but they don't use them correctly. Quinn's a HUGE Problem.

I love how so many people are happy Tucker got hammered, when all it did was gave him a free pass to kill Kovalev. If anyone saw the fight he was in before (when Allison and Domi fought) it was clear he wanted a dance partner. The initial elbow wasn't to fight Kovalev, but the make someone fight him. Instead Kovalev retaliates, and gets the crap hammered out of him and will likely be up for suspension while the Habs are in the playoff hunt. I can't see how any Habs fan woul be excited.

can anybody post a login/password to the tsn.ca/video-audio section?

Used to watch NHL highlights there all the time, my only source as a european :( , but recently they changed the setup.

So when I log on to tsn it says I have to verify my account by responding to an email. And when I select "send email notificaton" nothing happens. I never recieve a email from TSN that I can respond to, and therefor cant use my account to watch video clips anymore :angry:

And I can't make a new account because it keeps saying my email is already taken... <_<