Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TBLfan

Where do you buy/what type of blade?

Where do you guys/gals buy your blades from? Do you buy abs blades or blades to be used for ice?

I'm a goalie that plays on ice, but I've been playing roller for a couple months and soon I'll need a new blade(I'm a skater in roller). I'm just having trouble finding blades online and when I find a blade it's normally a jr or there is no picture or description of the curve. Any advice?

I also have a hard time finding abs blades. It is epecially hard to find particular patterns. I end up settling for whatever my LHS has in stock. I don't like using wood blades on asphalt because they end up splintering after one good session.

I play competetive hockey on asphalt. Everybody uses Koho 4440 blades.

Best ABS blade besides the CCM v60 (which is a abs-hybrid)

Not the most durable (that would be the Easton Abs blade) but best overall.

The 4440 (which has just become the Rbk 4440) is offered in the #4 (thornton) #10 (Recci) #11 #19 (Sakic) #23 (similar to recchi but more of a toe curve, perfect for ball)

Maybe more but those are the ones I can remember.

Any idea where to buy the RBK 4440 online? I know a lot more about goalie equipment and sites to buy that equipment. Thanks for the fast replies!

I used the RbK 1K, it was a nice blade til it broke. I ordered two TPS Response ABS blades from HockeyGiant along with new wheels bearings, and spacers, so I'm waiting for those to come.

As for the ABS blades, since they are such low end and most lhs done carry them, Ill find them at a MC sports or a walmart since those places dont know what are good stuff.

They always have them.

I play competetive hockey on asphalt. Everybody uses Koho 4440 blades.

Best ABS blade besides the CCM v60 (which is a abs-hybrid)

The 4440 (which has just become the Rbk 4440) is offered in the #4 (thornton) #10 (Recci) #11 #19 (Sakic) #23 (similar to recchi but more of a toe curve, perfect for ball)

Maybe more but those are the ones I can remember.

Patrick can you help me i play ball hockey on the same sort of floors as you and i want to buy a koho 4440 but they only have curve 23 or curve 4. Its a website so i cant see the curve but i find the 23 koho curve to be a bit to curved for me so would the 4 be less curved? Are you 100% sure the 4 is a thornton curve?

Patrick can you help me i play ball hockey on the same sort of floors as you and i want to buy a koho 4440 but they only have curve 23 or curve 4. Its a website so i cant see the curve but i find the 23 koho curve to be a bit to curved for me so would the 4 be less curved? Are you 100% sure the 4 is a thornton curve?

Where did you find the #23 curve? I think that's the one I want to get(I want to try a heavy toe curve, something similar to the Prospal).

Where did you find the #23 curve? I think that's the one I want to get(I want to try a heavy toe curve, something similar to the Prospal).

I found it on the UK site www.prolineskates.com

:( Anyone know where I can get the #23 curve in the states? The shipping is almost as much as the blade :-\

Playa28: Yes I'm 100% . #4 curve = Thornton

The 23 is a Recchi with more toe curve, but they curve exatly the same otherwise. Recchi is #10

If you play on wood get the CCM v60 blade (available in 4 & 10 among others but not 23)

It's very durable and is a stiffer blade (retains the stiffness better aswell) than the 4440.

But the higher pricetag and lack of 23 makes us buy 4440's

I must say I don't care for the new Easton ABS bades. (forsberg curve)

I have broken two of those on tennis court surfaces already in a much shorter time than the older Easton ABS blades (shanahan curve) would have lasted. The shanahan curve abs blades went on forever.

does anyone know the difference between the rbk red and blue curves?

According to Epuck:

"The MS (Blue)curve is a standard Mid-Curve. Similar to a Gretzky curve, you can't get more classic than this. Perfect for stickhandling, passing and shooting, this blade has enough curve without having so much that it ruins your backhand and your slapshot.

The IW (Illegal Wedge - the red one) curve is pretty much just as the name describes. It is an open curve that has a wicked habit of getting the puck up high and fast. Warning - if you play professionally - this curve is illegal! But for the rest of us - it is a lot of fun to use."

I play on tennis courts and on concrete. The tennis courts eat blades for breakfast. :(

I used a RbK 1K blade, IW Curve, in my Response+ shaft. It lives up to the "Illegal Wedge" nickname. Your shots go high, very high. It was a very nice blade until it broke right in the middle of the blade, so I'm waiting on my TPS Response ABS blades to come from HockeyGiant tomorrow

I used a RbK 1K blade, IW Curve, in my Response+ shaft. It lives up to the "Illegal Wedge" nickname. Your shots go high, very high. It was a very nice blade until it broke right in the middle of the blade, so I'm waiting on my TPS Response ABS blades to come from HockeyGiant tomorrow

It looks pretty darn illegal. I would actually go more for the blue curve. I can't seem to find any abs blades that aren't giant mid curves. I'm almost ready to settle for anything that isn't illegal! Let me know what you think about the TPS abs blade after you use it. It is a Nash curve, correct?

Is this possibly a North American equivalent of the Koho 4440 Partick67 was talking about or just a lower level blade?

Link

Edit: fixed link

Its just a lower level blade ;)

I use the Montreal M9 outside on a tennis court with a puck. It's a wood blade with an ABS insert in the bottom to resist wear and "chunking". They are a little hard to find and the curves are weird, but they last a very long time.

the old M95 blades were the best roller hockey blades ever, but I don't think they make them anymore. I've been using the V40 blades for roller and they work pretty well. e-puck told me the rbk 3K blades are very similar, so that gives me a few more curves to try.

Oh man.. I remember using these Koho Revolution Jagr blades a few years ago. They were really durable and stayed stiff but they were damn heavy and felt like I was using an axe.