Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveTheWave

Roller Hockey Photographer's Gallery

I'm not a professional photographer, but this was taken by one, its me playin roller hockey with full contact/ball in Europe.

ashhockey4ra.jpg

I had skates very similar to those! Same chassis but with pureflys. i made my pure flys ice skates again and bought some red star e-frames to start over with the s500's... very nice

this guy does at my rink

He has a whole website just for his pics with like 20 full pages

Love the older dude wearing the Aussie Rugby guernsey through the Goalie link! Go Wallabies! ;-)

I'm not a professional photographer, but this was taken by one, its me playin roller hockey with full contact/ball in Europe.

ashhockey4ra.jpg

Were you playing in Europe or just in the UK? I've always wondered what the standard is live over the English Channel!

full contact on a brick wall?  :(
full contact roller? im comin to europe!
on a brick wall?!?!??!!!  man that must hurt cuz the bricks arent flush with each other  :blink:

Full contact against bricks is fun!! C'mon over & enjoy! :P

where are you playing that u play with a brick wall?

it kinda looks like a gym floor...

I'm not 100% sure where Ash_96 will be but I'd imagine that it's just a sports hall...that's where I used to play ball anyway!

We don't have too many roller rinks in the UK :(

looks a bit liek the oxford jersey but i'm not 100%. Brick walls don't hurt too much really, just makes you better at keeping your head up.

The standard over th channel is pretty good. The French have a pretty good premier league setup, and get great sponsorship. The dutch and Belgians are good too. The standard gets better as you move into the continent and upto Scandinavia.

Yeah I play for oxford. No it was just a league game in England.

yeah full contact on brick walls are a bit savage sometimes, they dont give like plexiglass does! Its just a normal sports centre/gym hall. I used the hypertection upper body protecter for full contact ball, even with the brick walls, you just have to learn to have your head up a bit better!

The good thing about playing ball hockey in sports halls is there is no off sides, so its constant end to end action, something you never get from puck hockey with off sides.

If anyones got any questions feel free to ask!

The good thing about playing ball hockey in sports halls is there is no off sides, so its constant end to end action, something you never get from puck hockey with off sides.

its roller hockey why would there ever be offsides? just cause its ball doesnt mean that roller with a puck will have offsides

the puck leagues over here unfortunately do have offsides- just the centre red line offside, with tag ups on the powerplays.

ok, well im gona think that its unfortunate, I dont know if you like it or not but I always thought that roller hockey was good because of the creativity that you can have without offsides

its roller hockey why would there ever be offsides? just cause its ball doesnt mean that roller with a puck will have offsides

Every league i know of that plays with a puck uses ofsides. I think it mainly plays to the IIHF rules.... not 100 % certain though.

It doesn't hinder the creativity too much having the offside. It is just the red line i guess, so there is a lot of room. But it is a strange offside. You can't pass to a guy ahead of the line, but you can carry it across even if a teammate has already entered the attacking half. Having played wihtout the offside in a number of international tournaments I do prefer it that way, the logic is to stop cherry picking, but i never found it to be a problem in the games I played without it.

I do like the tag up on the powerplay though.

IIHF has offsides, FIRS hasn't.

Offsides can lead to some creativity as well, since you can't give that 30 meter pass to that offensive guy anymore.

Ash96: How much do you guy's loose to a team like Hallamshire?

And do you know anything about a Ball hockey team called Panthers? They finished 2nd in GB last year, but I've never heard of them before.

Ash96: How much do you guy's loose to a team like Hallamshire?

And do you know anything about a Ball hockey team called Panthers? They finished 2nd in GB last year, but I've never heard of them before.

Hallamshire Hornets...was browsing the net the other day and came across those guys...I read that they're quite good!

Ash, since you're a ball hockey guy I'd love to know just how good they are!

PS...this thread seems to have been stolen slightly, lets see some cool roller pics! :P

Hallamshire Hornets are a brilliant team arguably the best team bisha has seen

having played puck and ball there is things i hate about puck and ball for instance the offside rule in puck (but i see why they do it , smart hockey) and in ball the free hit (if a goalie freezes the ball for more than 3 seconds with no opposition near and free shot from the nearest face-off spot)

but ball hockey in the uk (bisha) is very exspensive it cost nearly as much as ice and most bisha venues are played as Ash96 said in sports centre/gym hall so really it is very exspensive for what it is but none of the less very fun.