Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveTheWave

Roller Hockey Photographer's Gallery

here's the link for my local photo guru. He does the Rocky Mountain division of PIHA, and has formerly done all our travel tournies and Colorado Gold Kings when they were still around:

Ferguson Photo

The offside rules over here are used in MLRH full contact AAA league(called semi-pro by many), in the XIHL semi pro league while it was running, and in the old RHI pro league...and as stated above did not inhibit creativity too much, but did cut down on the cherry picking. In a full contact league it forces a player to cross over center carrying the puck...making them more vulnerable to full contact action. In my opinion this made for some more exciting moments in the games.

With these exceptions above, the rest of the amateur games in NA are governed by USAHIL (IIHFI)rules or USARS (FIRS) rules...neither of which allow full body checking or have off-sides in either ball or puck competition.

As with all rules there are again some minor exceptions....in the Pro divisions of Tohrs and Narch limited body checking is permitted...officially in Tohrs Pro, and "unofficially" in Narch Pro..but still no offside rule.

The good thing about playing ball hockey in sports halls is there is no off sides, so its constant end to end action, something you never get from puck hockey with off sides.

I find that when we play games (in a no offside torny) that offensively it takes one of the D-men out of the game cause they are always having to watch the cherry picker if there is a turn over. I much prefer to play with offside rules, it makes the game far more structured and less luck of the bounce kinda hockey!!

nz 05 nationals pics

Ash96: How much do you guy's loose to a team like Hallamshire?

And do you know anything about a Ball hockey team called Panthers? They finished 2nd in GB last year, but I've never heard of them before.

Never played the hornets personally, but they did come second in our nationals last year, i saw the final against london street warriors and it was awesome! very good team indeed.

Last year we played panthers in our regional league to decide who won, and we beat the 7-6 in overtime! It was an insane game. Panthers are an incredible team, they beat us this season. I'd say theyre one of the best teams in the country.

If any teams want a friendly get in touch with me! We're always looking for friendlies.

Yeah I play for oxford. No it was just a league game in England.

yeah full contact on brick walls are a bit savage sometimes, they dont give like plexiglass does! Its just a normal sports centre/gym hall. I used the hypertection upper body protecter for full contact ball, even with the brick walls, you just have to learn to have your head up a bit better!

The good thing about playing ball hockey in sports halls is there is no off sides, so its constant end to end action, something you never get from puck hockey with off sides.

If anyones got any questions feel free to ask!

Hey Ash, you need to come to vikings training and try that on the ice. The boards and nets at oxford ice rink might be more forgiving ;)

--Robbie

haha yeah, i wanna get into playing ice again, usually end up playin in goal when i do go though!

Patrick67- what team do you play for?

Me and some mates from ice hockey started a roller hockey team and we play in a 3 team tournement in the UK it is a mixture of first timers and errrr... really good players

I will post up some pics when we play our first game of the tournement on sunday

Me and some mates from ice hockey started a roller hockey team and we play in a 3 team tournement in the UK it is a mixture of first timers and errrr... really good players

I will post up some pics when we play our first game of the tournement on sunday

What tournament is that? Where is it being played? I wish I knew about these things in advance!

Then again I've got league games at Deeside on Sunday so wouldn't hav been able to play...

Good luck!

I played the hornets junior team 6 years ago+ we got thoroughly hammered twice by them that was with North Yorkshire Panthers.

I then played for Hartlepool Rec team against the Hornets+ we managed to get away with only a 5-3 loss. they have great players right through

Patrick67 i saw a panthers game 3 weeks ago and just make sure your goalie(s) know to watch for the high rebounds because i saw 2 volleys scored in that game, one of them being headered down towards his stickblade and volleyed in. i cant say much more...them being british and all.you knowthe drill

...naFe...

First of wow didnt relise how many oxford players are on msh. :o I play for swindon flames cant belive you beat us :( Well in regards to the coments about playin full contact/ball not being that painfull, wel i strongly disagree this is as i broke my femur playin for mustangs against the wall and trust me that hurt. Also yer it is a sports hall that we often play in because we have very little rinks that we can play on in the UK and even some of them are being closed. (so i am told).

O ye ash_96 wat age group do u play in?

Oh yeah I remember that! I was watching that game at the time, man that sucks!

I play junior for oxford hurricanes and senior for oxford fong pei.

what about you? which age do you play?

I played against Hallamshire Hornets last year (maybe year before) playing GBHI puck at Derby arena. They are indeed an awesome team.

We might end up playing them at the BIPHA nationals in july, which should prove to be a good game if we do!

What tournament is that? Where is it being played? I wish I knew about these things in advance!

Then again I've got league games at Deeside on Sunday so wouldn't hav been able to play...

Good luck!

Sounds like King of Court to me. Its played at Rotherham, they usually put a few on per year. I may be wrong if its the same tournament being talked about, so apologies if so, but either way KoC is a great tournament and worth checking out if anyone can get a team there!

State Wars Georgia had some decent photos, and I got a NARCH magazine a couple years back that was pretty rad, but overall there aren't many good photographers out there right now.

I was reading in another thread about College roller hockey, so I searched through some of the college roller hockey sites and found a forum with some links to photos. I think these pictures are pretty good considering the other roller hockey photos available online. Check it out. The only bad thing about the Photo Reflect site is you can't right click to open a new window of the photo, so you have to click back and forth to see the photos.

ECRHA Regional Championship 2006

03/03/2006 - 03/05/2006

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.d...?event=00HZ00EO

NCRHA National Championships 2006

Roller Hockey 04/05/2006 - 04/09/2006

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.d...?event=00HZ00F2

a couple of things. in the UK the league under BIPHA dont have the offside rule, the offside rule is just in GBHI that i know. hallamshire hornets are more a puck team than a ball team. they are much better at puck than they are at ball. they are an amazing team real good players. there are some good rinks in the UK its just mostly ball teams that play on gym floor. BIPHA are played on sports court at rotherham and sheffield has a good rink aswell which used to be the ice rink. P.S the hockey over here is average, depends where you play.

Just to clarify to any non UK readers about the kinda places that ball hockey is played over here I dug out a picture...

HockeyHall.jpg

Sorry its not the best quality, it's a photo of a photo as I don't have a scanner.

ha where abouts in the UK is that?? its not all played in places like that

I think that's Leasowes, playing junior WeMSHA back in 2000.

We're a puck team at Deeside now, much nicer!

I take it you play in much nicer surroundings?

Looks like redditch in Red.

Shelton- In the main a lot of the Bisha/ other ball leagues do tend to play in those gym halls do they not?