Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Bob

Ugliest curves out there

Man, the Thorton and Recchi curves are nice, Allision and Kabrle is just hideous but its all personal perfrence I would use the ugliest pattern if it made me shoot better.

Say what you want about Drurys, but the majority of pros and high end players use an open heel, it just a shooters curve

It requires more wrist strength than the other curves to get the best results.

I have 2 questions, what the heck to the Oates and the McInnis curves look like?

I also like the Drury, but I would like it alot more if the toe didn't have so much rocker.

Guest LEAFS12
what the heck to the Oates and the McInnis curves look like?
Ya. What do they look like? I've never seen them before.

Anyone else think the Prospal is a bit similar to Vapor's former Z-Carbon blade? It doesn't have as much curve though.

I can't remember it exactly, but I remember thinking Fleury had the grossest curve ever. I don't find any heel with loft fugly at all, I really like them. I'd love to give one of Mack's Nikes a try, but I'm LH.

That works. Not too bad, might be a little much. My latest project was heating up an Yzerman and curving the hell out of it. The result turned out to be pretty Hull pro-esque.

It was suppose to be a Schaefer inspired curve but didn't work out that well. I give him a lot credit to be able to use that thing.

Man, the Thorton and Recchi curves are nice, Allision and Kabrle is just hideous but its all personal perfrence I would use the ugliest pattern if it made me shoot better.

thornton is possibly one of the worst curves ever. I have it on a vector and i can't get it off the icehardly and usually I use a modano!!

dangle3, I LOVE the Lidstrom! It has to be my favorite curve for playing defense, big blade makes it easy to block shots and the curve makes it easy to stickhandle and shoot. Gotta love it.

Guest Datsyuk*13

Polk that thing is nasty. No wonder you cant shoot with it lol.

Hahahah I kno a kid on my team that uses that curve you made polk, all he did was heat up the wood then put insane loft into it, so bascilly it is a straight curve with insane loft, he got 2 goals the first game he was using it but when he tried to feed an open teammate in the slot area he shot it right at him, I kno he was trying to keep it down by hes pass mechanics but the puck ended up nailing the teamate on the cage. No one was hurt. Haahah i love fugly cruves.

I just tried it in warm up in my back up stick. It was like shooting a wiffle ball. There was no power behind it. I wanted to take a faceoff with it just to see the reaction of the ref or the other player.

I also like the Drury, but I would like it alot more if the toe didn't have so much rocker.

The rockered toe is what I like about the Drury, it puts alot of blade on the ice when the stick's angled up. It's great for pulling the puck in (toe drag), cradling the puck, and for desperation shooting close to the body. You can't always get a clean shot or pass off when you're being covered, and the Drury gives me a better chance of making a play in tight situations.

As for fugly curves, the Fury site has a couple Prospal-like backscratchers listed for patterns.