Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnboy16

Warrior sticks

What's up with everyone jumping on the Warrior dolimite bandwagon, I mean arn't they just inno's with new graphics, when it was inno not even half as many people used them, it just seems to me that everyone seems to have them even players under contract with other companies. What's causing the craze, personally I don't really like the stick.

Just look at the catalogue...it's PIMP!!!!

And Inno was not available to many people, the company was relatively unknown. Now that Warrior bought them out, they're available to more and more people.

if they're exactly the same, than marketing does wonders...and they have built up a lot of hype...

a guy at another LHS around here was saying they sold a lot of warrior stuff before there first order even arrived.

i personally like the look of the inno 1100 more :]

Look at UA; Same product as everyone else but great marketing makes people buy it. The Warriors that I've seen and tried didn't impress me any more than the Innos I used.

if they're exactly the same, than marketing does wonders...and they have built up a lot of hype...

At the NHL level, it isn't hype. They are turning around custom product in alarmingly quick periods of time and the product is correct from the time the sticks leave the factory.

apparantly i missed the point of the thread cause i wasn't referring to the NHL.

to be honest, i didn't even notice that more NHLers are using them - i don't really pay much attention to what they use, except if i'm up close i'll try to check out the curves they use.

the marketing working well comment was more referring to the people that have to buy sticks...

I think it has more to do with availability. Inno was just a niche retail product because it was difficult to find in most places. Now that they have switched over there is a lot more visibility in the LHS.

Exactly. Before I joined MSH, I had no clue who, or what Innovative was. When I joined here, saw many people like their product, I still had not seen them until I played a game and saw a kid use a 1100. Now the Warriors are showing up and more and more LHS, so it's easier to find than Inno.

What makes Warrior such a hype IMO is the fact that Inno was so hard to get and now with Warrior the products are more and more available, so everyone that wanted Inno for so long can now get Warrior at their LHS. But when people will pay high prices for their Warrior sticks and they will realize their are no better than any high end sticks, the hype about Warrior will dropped.

Nothing against warrior though, I love their shafts.

In my case I had a 110 flex stick and was looking to use a lower flex so I went with Warrior b/c I heard good things about Inno. So far, no complaints. I find it to be a very lively stick.

I actually just got off the phone with my dad and I think he's picking up a Dolomite for me for my birthday this week. I broke a SL Grip like 2 months ago and am only using a single Stealth Grip right now. How does it compare to the Stealth in performance and weight?

Personally I've liked any Stealth I've used over any Inno/Warrior stick.

I liked the Mac Daddy over the SLs and Stealths, but nothing touches my new CNT stealth, I love that thing. I'll be selling my Starskie, Dolomite, and maybe a couple Vapor XXX on here pretty soon :)

Innovative has proven time and time again that their quality is AWESOME. As an OEM and from what I have seen an extremely popular stick among the russian players for years.

All hale Inno!!!!

IMO!!

Innovative has proven time and time again that their quality is AWESOME. As an OEM and from what I have seen an extremely popular stick among the russian players for years.

All hale Inno!!!!

IMO!!

They got better, but the first one I ever had about 10 years ago snapped in the first period of the first game I tried it. They still open up too much, too.

All hale Inno!!!!

IMO!!

They got better, but the first one I ever had about 10 years ago snapped in the first period of the first game I tried it. They still open up too much, too.

What do you mean by open up to much? Also, the first Easton sticks were junk as well.

And Warrior isn't a new company.

My brother has been a warrior whore since he's been 13. They've just gotten into hockey, but they're a well known company.

They have the history of marketing and know how to do it. And if you ask any lacrosse players they'll know about Warrior. My oldest brother bought a Warrior stick after the other one was telling him about the good things about his Warrior lacrosse stuff.

Yes, but all they have done to this point is market sticks that have had no spec changes in years. That's why I added my "polishing a turd" comment.