Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnboy16

Warrior sticks

Marketing definitely has a lot to do with it. But if you think about it Inno was really popular. It was just it took a lot of effort to get their sticks so it wasn't as main stream as easton. Most NHL players who are using Warrior are the same players who were using Inno. I know that this post isnt referring to NHL players, but just using them as an example.

I'm sure the gloves will be popular and there protective will probobly not be bad, being that some of the key staff came from easton.

The marketing campaign is popular but could be deemed a little controversial in certain ways.

I'm looking forward to the skate to see what they will do with it when it becomes available, that will be the benchmark for there products

pactfor  Posted on May 7 2006, 03:01 PM

I'm looking forward to the skate to see what they will do with it when it becomes available, that will be the benchmark for there products

As long as a majority of the NHL is using their sticks and young fans looking to play with what the pros play with see that pros are using their sticks, sticks will be Warrior's benchmark. If you're doing that well with sticks, skate sales seem secondary.

I had huge problems taking slappers with my old 1100, but my snap shot was awesome with it. I'm really tempted to buy an AK27 though, lhs just got some in but only in 100 flex <_< .

I don't make decisions based on marketing or hype. However, the backlash against hype is just as dumb as following the hype.

I have bought 3 sticks recently ...

easton stealth - love it

mission hex 1 - hate it

warrior dolomite 2 piece - love it

I bought the warrior because I saw an amazing number of NHL players using it and I'm glad I did. I'll probably try a one piece dolomite, synergy 2, or cnt next (with or without the hype).

Had a chance to use my Dolomite OPS today in practice. Now these are first impressions, but I was very very happy with it, especially the blade and grip. I'm not one to like grip sticks, but this one was perfect. Not too tacky or sticky. And the blade fired shots like no other. I could pick my corners easily with it. The Draper curve is MONEY

I don't make decisions based on marketing or hype. However, the backlash against hype is just as d

true...

i bought my warrior sticks because i loved my 1100. i just felt like it was a little too stiff and i wanted to try out the tapered warriors. so i ended up picking up a flexier dolomite and got a good deal on a OPS dolomite pro stock. so far i'm loving it just as much as the 1100. but since it's a better flex for me, i'm loving it even more than my 1100.

try the stick and buy it because of how you like it. not because of the hype. i had my first experience with inno a few years ago and so far warrior isn't disappointing me.

Last week I picked up my dolomite and used it in warmups and for 2 shifts the stick shoots well the face is hotter than my stealth. I just wish i was able to use it more the game was cancelled because of bad ice behind the net damn concrete bases, i like sand rinks

I wonder if there are more 1 piece or 2 piece dolomites in the NHL. I'd almost expect there to be none, but I've definitely seen a lot of players using 2 piece.

Which retail warrior curve is most like a Sakic? Are the flexes based on the same scale as easton...? I have never actually seen a warrior stick in real life (the LHS' here dont carry them) but I think they look super cool and have only heard good things. With a name like "Mac Daddy", the sticks sell themselves.

Which retail warrior curve is most like a Sakic? Are the flexes based on the same scale as easton...? I have never actually seen a warrior stick in real life (the LHS' here dont carry them) but I think they look super cool and have only heard good things. With a name like "Mac Daddy", the sticks sell themselves.

draper curve is like a sakic.

I hope you were being facetious with that last bit there...

if they're exactly the same, than marketing does wonders...and they have built up a lot of hype...

At the NHL level, it isn't hype. They are turning around custom product in alarmingly quick periods of time and the product is correct from the time the sticks leave the factory.

Other than SRI, noone in this thread has tried to answer the original question: Why are so many NHL players switching to a "polished turd", including players (e.g., Modano, Elias, etc.) that are supoosed to be the poster boys for other manufacturers? I can't believe they are just falling for the hype.

if they're exactly the same, than marketing does wonders...and they have built up a lot of hype...

At the NHL level, it isn't hype. They are turning around custom product in alarmingly quick periods of time and the product is correct from the time the sticks leave the factory.

Other than SRI, noone in this thread has tried to answer the original question: Why are so many NHL players switching to a "polished turd", including players (e.g., Modano, Elias, etc.) that are supoosed to be the poster boys for other manufacturers? I can't believe they are just falling for the hype.

do you really think they're falling for the hype? or do you think that they're just trying something different?

do you really think they're falling for the hype? or do you think that they're just trying something different?

That was my point. I just can't imagine that they are just falling for the hype. The sticks must have something to them if so many are using them. And it's not just a matter of trying something new; most of the players are sticking with them too. I've never used a Dolomite or a 1100, so I can't talk from personal experience. But jsut like the original post in this thread, I have wondered all season what it is that makes the Dolomite so popular in the NHL.

They not trying something different. If they were, they wouldn't stick with it. I don't know any pros but the most reasonable thought is that they use the sticks because they like the way they feel to them more than other sticks. I don't think I'd care that much what the thing looked like if it felt great and I played better with it. Looks only count so much.

They not trying something different. If they were, they wouldn't stick with it. I don't know any pros but the most reasonable thought is that they use the sticks because they like the way they feel to them more than other sticks. I don't think I'd care that much what the thing looked like if it felt great and I played better with it. Looks only count so much.

how would you know what to use if you didn't try something different and experiment with different equipment? do you buy only one type/brand of gear and stick with it for the rest of your life?

The point is a lot of these sticks are cropping up at a time when people don't mess with their skates. Pro players are know to use the same model of skates for years on end... sticks are kind of the same idea. Why would all these players switch coming down the stretch/beginning of playoffs.

There has got to be a reason other than "all the kiddies think that they're cool." Last time I checked, Souray didn't give a rip what stick the kiddies thought was cool. And the equipment managers for these pro teams didn't exactly fall off the turnup wagon yesterday either.

are they just showing up during the playoffs? i thought i saw quite a few people use them during the regular season too. i can understand players using the same model of skates for years, but sticks change pretty often. how many players are out there using the new stealths, SL's, ST's, and so on? they had to have started using them recently since they haven't been around for years. i'm not saying that's the exact reason they switched. i have no idea why exactly everyone has switched. i'm just saying that it could be a possibility.

Which retail warrior curve is most like a Sakic?  Are the flexes based on the same scale as easton...?  I have never actually seen a warrior stick in real life (the LHS' here dont carry them) but I think they look super cool and have only heard good things.  With a name like "Mac Daddy", the sticks sell themselves.

I hope you were being facetious with that last bit there...

Yes, I was.... :D