Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

Best pro pattern curve?

I had the UG Campbells like that and they were long, had a weird toe and a great heel curve and shovel.

There are conventional blades with that curve floating around? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on any variety. I'd seriously consider duplicating it with slightly toned down blade length.

I haven't even seen a pro return that looked like it, let alone anything retail. That thing was filthy and you're right about the length. I bought a few of his woodies a while back and had to saw the toes off.

I'm nuts about this inno pro return that i'm using right now. It's unmarked but I think it's a PM9. It also sounds kind of similar to the ray whitney pattern that 43%burnt was talking about. Around a 1/2" heel curve with some loft and a 4.75-5 lie. Hey burnt, do you have a pic of the whitney? I can take a pic but my digi camera royally sucks.

I haven't even seen a pro return that looked like it, let alone anything retail. That thing was filthy and you're right about the length. I bought a few of his woodies a while back and had to saw the toes off.

Biggest blade I ever had was a Ronan t-flex pro return. Fairly straight heel curve that was open. Blade was colossal though in every direction. I have a hard time believing it was even legal between the length and height. I loved my Roenick gi t-flex wood blades. Seemed to have a similar shape to the rp but more curve. I'm really big on the inno schneider curve too.

I'm nuts about this inno pro return that i'm using right now.  It's unmarked but I think it's a PM9.  It also sounds kind of similar to the ray whitney pattern that 43%burnt was talking about.  Around a 1/2" heel curve with some loft and a 4.75-5 lie.  Hey burnt, do you have a pic of the whitney?  I can take a pic but my digi camera royally sucks.

here's some whitney pics. sorry they are a little crappy because i'm too lazy to take it out of the shaft and take the tape off. but you get the idea.

pic 1

pic 2

i'm horrible with descriptions, so what i said is probably nothing like what you see here. but if the inno pro return is anything like this and they're right handed, i would totally buy some from you. i'd like to see a pic even if its crappy if you don't mind.

I have a pro-return TPS Omega woody that has a really nice toe curve on it, which I love for just about everything.

Problem is it's not stamped though I couldn't tell you the name. If anyone here knows anything about TPS woody curves and might be able to identify it I would be grateful. PM me please, I have pics.

EDIT: I forgot to mention it's not on the chart for the Xn10 curves.

I think the whitney is what my custom legend blades essentially turned out to be but in a 4.5 lie. They have just a tad more loft then a PM9 TPS.

Kobe - Ive got the same interest that 43%burnt does if you can get any more and if they are rightie.

I'm nuts about this inno pro return that i'm using right now. It's unmarked but I think it's a PM9. It also sounds kind of similar to the ray whitney pattern that 43%burnt was talking about. Around a 1/2" heel curve with some loft and a 4.75-5 lie. Hey burnt, do you have a pic of the whitney? I can take a pic but my digi camera royally sucks.

Kobe - if that's the Inno SMU you bought at the Hockey Shop, I think I bought the same one or very similar (and I just ordered another b/c I like the feel so much) - no graphics, tapered fit pretty nicely into my Synthesis. Mine's a 5.5 lie I think b/c I put it next to my Kovalev retail and it seems basically the same lie. I will try to figure out how to use my digital camera and post some pics.

http://www.sfu.ca/~eyiua/Patterns/PDR_0036.JPG

http://www.sfu.ca/~eyiua/Patterns/PDR_0037.JPG

Ok here's the long-hosel tapered blade that I picked up at the the Hockey Shop. I thought that it was an inno when I first bought it because of the composite fibre braids but looking at 43%burnt's blade leads me to believe that it might be a pro return t-flex. The Hockey Shop did label them as Easton pro returns but the braids and the fact that they just got a shipment of pro stock inno shafts in made me think that they were just trying to use the easton name to sell the pro stock inno blades. Who knows, who cares... it feels fantastic and is definately the best blade that i've ever tried.

I had a feeling you were going to say something along those lines. It's a pretty flat blade as well (in terms of rocker) so a lot of it touches the ice. The blade has less rocker than a modano so it makes it feel like a 4.75-ish lie. It was the last one available in the long-hosel tapered style when I purchased it but there was a whole crap load of shot-hosel tapered blades. They might have restocked but I haven't been there since I bought this blade. I'll probably go this weekend for kicks so i'll let you know then.

i'd take a couple of those things. the whitney's i have are 4.5-4.75'ish lie. so if its a easton pro return, those might be the whitneys. the only difference between mine and those is the round toe, but whitney went to the round toe a while back. how much are blades there? are the short hosel ones the exact same pattern? i might take a couple short ones instead. i just picked up an extra long 1100 tapered shaft and don't really need the long hosel ones any more. keep us informed, thanks.

The short and long hosel blades were going for $39.99 + 14.5% tax = about $45.79 CAD. I was searching the couple of racks of those blades that they had on display but I stopped when I found this one. I have no idea whether or not they have this pattern in the short-hosel or they restocked and have more of it in the long-hosel. I'll definately check the next time I go. I'm snagging the long-hoselled one that's for sure :P

Here are pics of mine. The shot from the top might not be perfectly lined up. I hadn't noted in Kobe's post that his was long hoselled. Mine is short.

http://www.pifiu.com/upload/uploads/052004...526-2109-57.jpg

http://www.pifiu.com/upload/uploads/052004...526-2110-52.jpg

I just received my second one today and it's identical. Not sure if they have any left, but I paid the same price as Kobe but + shipping. They have them labelled as "Synthesis" pro returns, but clearly that's not what they are and the employees seem aware of this. I ordered these over the phone and went through a lot of questions (mostly comparing the curve and lie to an Easton retail etc. and making sure it was tapered). A bit of a risk on my part since I was buying sight unseen, but it worked out for me given I'm very happy with the blade.

Well if it's a 5.5 lie like you said it was then it's probably the DP pattern. I have wood blades that look exactly like that.