Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastmiele

do composite shafts become more flexy ?

I was watching an Edmonton Oilers game a while back and they said that Jarret Stoll uses a 110 flex stick and changes his Stealth after 3 shots because it becomes too flexy. Do composite sticks/shafts really lose that much flex after repeated use. I know that aluminum flexs but composite ?

I don't think I have noticed any of my composite sticks/shafts becoming more flexy after repeated use.

Watch Stoll's stick when he takes a slapshot. He used to buy wood sticks by the crate. And that was in PeeWee. A stick wouldn't last more than a game. Ever.

Just my two cents.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/56021580.j...78B8DAF199D98FE

....yea? so wut ovechkin's bends way more on his shots and he doesnt switch constantly

Last time I checked this wasn't a topic on who is stronger than who and whose stick flexes more than whose.

All I was saying that growing up Stoll was notorious for breaking sticks. He did it when he was playing in Yorkton, when he was playing in Saskatoon and when he was playing in Kootney.

Its a case of PERSONAL PREFERANCE. I know some WHL players that use a 75 flex and others that use a 110. A 75 flex is going to bend a lot more than a 110.

I KNOW Stoll switches his stick. I KNOW he broke them through his Junior career. Why? He grew up two doors down from me.

So, does Ovechkin switch? Do you talk to him?

I grew up with the Midget AAA Mallers, now the Harvest. I had to deal with hockey players.

why the hell do you keep posting random shit?

Do you just want people to like you and think your cool?

bottom line is that changing a stick every three shots is just rediculous...and for some reason i have a hard time believing that he does that

I grew up with the Midget AAA Mallers, now the Harvest.  I had to deal with hockey players.

No, ALL I was saying that it seems like no one is believing what I am saying even though I grew up with the player in question.

Maybe after three big slappers or one timers he would change his stick, but I doubt he is going to take three snap shots and change his stick.

Anyways, in regards to the original question, I personally do find that sticks 'break in' a bit and lose some flex over a period of time, but it is entirely dependent on how much you play and how much force you put on the stick while playing. I find that I am pretty gentle, especially in just pickup games or whatever, I've had composite sticks that have lasted me over a year (Mission M1) before I snapped it.

I grew up with the Midget AAA Mallers, now the Harvest.  I had to deal with hockey players.

No, ALL I was saying that it seems like no one is believing what I am saying even though I grew up with the player in question.

Well I'm employed at a store that gets ALL the oilers used gear.

We get hundreds of sticks and "Surprisingly" we dont receieve 400 stoll sticks.

Stoll isnt even the player that we get the most sticks from. For some reason its Dvorak. Dont ask me why.

Sure you can argue that not ALL of his sticks make it to us. Some he might keep, or some break in half and go flying into the stands. But believe me alot of sticks pass through my store.

Not trying to pick a fight so dont take it the wrong way

:)

Stoll isnt even the player that we get the most sticks from. For some reason its Dvorak. Dont ask me why.

For the same reasons a Salvation Army would get a legless man's shoes.

Sure you can argue that not ALL of his sticks make it to us. Some he might keep, or some break in half and go flying into the stands. But believe me alot of sticks pass through my store.

No worries, you posted a good post.

Though I do know that he switches a lot of sticks too.

If it helps, Nick Schultz was my bio partner in high school. wink.gif

Interesting, is he articulate? I've been curious since the first time I saw the commercial he does for the Minn. DOT and seatbelt safety. He's not a good actor, but it's kind of funny that way.

which store is this ? Totem Outfitters ?

Maybe after three big slappers or one timers he would change his stick, but I doubt he is going to take three snap shots and change his stick.

Anyways, in regards to the original question, I personally do find that sticks 'break in' a bit and lose some flex over a period of time, but it is entirely dependent on how much you play and how much force you put on the stick while playing. I find that I am pretty gentle, especially in just pickup games or whatever, I've had composite sticks that have lasted me over a year (Mission M1) before I snapped it.

so, are you saying the only way to really loosen up the shaft is to use a lot of force (ie. do hard slappers) ?

I don't really do many slap shots, most of my shots are wrist shots.