Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marcan1215

Easton Drury Pattern

I'm checking to buy(on web) a easton synergy SL with the Drury pattern, but I not able to find the look or the specs of this curve. Does anyone can help me on that?

check the pattern database near the top-right of the page for the specs. as for pics I´m sure there´s plenty around as we had this topic about a million times.

If you have never used it before, chances are you are not going to like it. I would try the curve out on a cheap wood blade before you buy an SL.

If you have never used it before, chances are you are not going to like it. I would try the curve out on a cheap wood blade before you buy an SL.

Why wouldn't he like it? I never used it before and went from a Recchi to a Nash to the Drury and will never use anything other than this curve again.

The only thing I would stay away from is the SL stick. Mine broke after one practice and a game. It broke receving a pass. I have the warranty replacement, but rarely use it because I don't like the feel of the stick. I would compare it to hitting an aluminum bat against a brick wall. I'll stick with TPS Redlite XN10 shaft.

If you have never used it before, chances are you are not going to like it. I would try the curve out on a cheap wood blade before you buy an  SL.

Why wouldn't he like it? I never used it before and went from a Recchi to a Nash to the Drury and will never use anything other than this curve again.

The only thing I would stay away from is the SL stick. Mine broke after one practice and a game. It broke receving a pass. I have the warranty replacement, but rarely use it because I don't like the feel of the stick. I would compare it to hitting an aluminum bat against a brick wall. I'll stick with TPS Redlite XN10 shaft.

Never said he wasnt going to like. I said chances are he is not going to like it. All of my friends who tried my sticks with drury clones hated the curve. Its always better to buy a cheap woodie or blade before spending $100+ on a stick.

My only beef about the drury is the toe, its too rounded. It makes it hard for drags. The drury should be like the pro stock one on the ebay link that flashgordon posted. Otherwise I liked it.

My only beef about the drury is the toe, its too rounded. It makes it hard for drags. The drury should be like the pro stock one on the ebay link that flashgordon posted. Otherwise I liked it.

I think the toe is too round as well. Personally, I think the Drury would be awesome with a square toe like the Lidstrom. That thing would be awesome for deflections!

I've got a new Pro Stock Drury SL coming in from eBay..cost me $99.99.

I've never used the pattern before, I'm a Modano guy, but I thought I'd try something new and I figure if I really can't get used to it I'll put it up for sale here or back on eBay. I'll let you know my first impressions when I get to use the stick.

I went to four hockey shops around here today and each one had the SL selling for 269.99 CDN, so $100 US is a great deal for me.

i used a drury before forsberg, really liked it, switched cause i needed a lower lie and less loft hehehe.. tend to already have a high shot..

I havnt been able to get ANY lift at all with my backhand with this pattern though. Is there a similair blade that isnt as open? What are some good alternatives to this pattern with simialr feel?

I havnt been able to get ANY lift at all with my backhand with this pattern though. Is there a similair blade that isnt as open? What are some good alternatives to this pattern with simialr feel?

i was the same way, I get a GREAT backhand with a federov (warrior)

If you're dead-set on the pattern, it'll just take some time to change mechanics and all that to get a backhand with it. Just like sacrificing a wristshot with this pattern, some methods have to be changed.