Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blackthidot

Shanahan = Heatly

I was in Peranis and saw the Heatly curves in the Synergy St blades. It looked VERY VERY close to the Shanny. I know the curve is not as deep but I can't find any specs on the lie or anything, how close are these blades?

From what i hear isnt shanny a long blade. I do however know the specifics of the heatly, it is an iggy clone with a 5 lie and a square toe. I guess this is for the d-man looking for a longer reach (hence longer stick and lower lie) and the square toe for getting the puck off the boards.

Shanahan - Mid-Toe - Moderate - 3/4" - Slightly Open - Long - 6 - Square

Heatley - Mid - Slight - 1/2" - Slightly Open - Short - 5 - Square

From the pattern db, these are the differences, so i guess they could be seen as remotley similar.

my Heatley really isn't a square toe, very short..doesn't feel at all like a shanny...its almost like a Jr Iginla

Well, what is the closest you can get to Shannys curve? I messed with a Naslund in ball hockey for like a minute and that seemed close...This really sucks that all the companies took it away.

Well, what is the closest you can get to Shannys curve? I messed with a Naslund in ball hockey for like a minute and that seemed close...This really sucks that all the companies took it away.

I believe that Gear's Bozek curve is very close to a Shanahan. I think that Christian also had something similiar but I can't remember for sure.

I dont know how people liked/used the shanny. A 6 lie with that long of a blade i'd be skating over pucks all day. :huh:

Everyone is different dude, and I played well with it, NEVER missed passes and can make a saucer pass to someone from 3 feet away.

I had a broken shaft from a Gagne XXX and compared it to a Naslund XXX and they were basically the same but the square toe.

I dont know how people liked/used the shanny. A 6 lie with that long of a blade i'd be skating over pucks all day. :huh:

Its perfect if you skate standing completely straight up and don't bend your knees at all. :ph34r:

If people are looking for a shanahan clone, if you can find a 'Ripshot X Carbon Graphite Blade' anywhere they do a clone, and apparently it is the lightest blade on the market at 150 grams! I found it on a U.K site but you would be able to get it a hell of a lot cheaper in the US.

This blade in the UK

I held them right nex to each other and pretty much everyone at the rink agreed.

They aren't even close

Oh well they looked the same...Im just having trouble passing with the St Louis, and I bought a Warrior Kovalev I passed decent with that but was having trouble shooting.