Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steveo

Hockeymonkey Shipping to Canada

really the only place i would order from is peranis/1800faceoff. I order my girdle and gloves. hassle free and barely any brokerage to pay.

and you live in canada?

yeah, sometimes you'll get lucky but there is no way of knowing how much of a brokerage fee they'll charge, it's an arbitrary number that they feel like they can get away with charging you

It's so much hassle with the brokerage fees and at the door fees I've just stopped ordering from on line dealers. You really don't save a lot of bucks and the headaches just isn't worth the hassel. I just wait for sales or clearance items here at home in Canada and get the stuff at my LHS's. Just wait a year and see how much a new line of equipment drops, its almost a crime. I picked up my Synergy 1300's for less than $385.00 CDN. after they where going for $686.00 the year before. My brother just got the Reebok 8K's for 299.00 and they where $600.00 CDN last year. Easton Synergy 1300 gloves, $179.99 last year, picked up a pair for 89.99 just a while back. If your willing to wait you can save one pile of cash on newer top end equipment here in Canada.

Has anyone actually avoided brokerage fees by shipping UPS express? Everytime I've received anything from the states via UPS I've been hit with large brokerage fees, but those were all UPS ground shipments. I do know that with USPS I've only ever been hit with a $5 handling fee and tax as kornsined suggested - I've never been hit with big brokerage fees with USPS. There are just some places that won't ship anything but UPS..and it would be interesting to know if UPS express actually avoided brokerage fees.

USPS or bust IMO. if the online retailer doesn't ship with them it's not worth it.

whats bust?

it's just a saying. Basically, he's saying usps or nothing.

I could go into the history of the saying but I won't bore you with the details.

USPS or bust IMO. if the online retailer doesn't ship with them it's not worth it.

whats bust?

it's just a saying. Basically, he's saying usps or nothing.

I could go into the history of the saying but I won't bore you with the details.

lol thanks for the sunday school lesson :P

Has anyone actually avoided brokerage fees by shipping UPS express? Everytime I've received anything from the states via UPS I've been hit with large brokerage fees, but those were all UPS ground shipments. I do know that with USPS I've only ever been hit with a $5 handling fee and tax as kornsined suggested - I've never been hit with big brokerage fees with USPS. There are just some places that won't ship anything but UPS..and it would be interesting to know if UPS express actually avoided brokerage fees.

If you want to avoid brokerage fees ship either Worldwide Expedited or Express Plus. Those fees are included in the price of shipping. UPS Standard to Canada does not include customs or brokerage fees, so they can really screw you on the rates. USPS does not have brokerage fees because they don't clear the packages through customs. USPS just gets the packages to Canada and lets Customs go through them. UPS gets packages process through Customs and gets it done faster then if you wer to ship USPS. The downside(as many of you already know) is that UPS feels that it can charge high fees for that service. The bottom line is ship USPS or UPS Expedited or Express Plus.

Just a quick anecdote - I have been screwed by UPS in the past (3 or 4 times) with the usual brokerage fees. However, I did get something from ebay, that I thought was going to be shipped USPS, but he sent it UPS instead.

I had him declare it as a gift and worth $30 - just got off the phone with UPS and they said because it was under $60 and declared as a gift, there were no fees to pay. Mind you, you won't be able to insure more expensive items and most retailers won't (and rightfully so) declare it as a gift.