Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A2rhino

Kor shift 1 question.

Chadd, John, Irbenaid..... Thanks for all the feedback. I think that these are the skate I'm going to go with. I have heard nothing but good about them and for the price of Grafs and Bauer One90's I think I'll take my chances with these. I have a normal foot with no real special needs. I would just like to get them in black. A bit mor traditional.

the black skate option (from KOR)

They said not now but in the near future they will be able to. I think they would look great with more black and while their at it make the holders black to.

Wait for the Shift 2 to come out. They look like a much more traditional skate and don't look as flashy. Either way I would wait a while because its a new line of skate and you want to get a concensus on how they are for fit and durability. It's almost like a new line of car, you don't buy the first year model because it takes time to iron out all the unforseen bugs.

Wait for the Shift 2 to come out. They look like a much more traditional skate and don't look as flashy. Either way I would wait a while because its a new line of skate and you want to get a concensus on how they are for fit and durability. It's almost like a new line of car, you don't buy the first year model because it takes time to iron out all the unforseen bugs.

If we went by your theory, then all those guys drooling over the one90 should wait till the bugs get worked out. I wouldn't worry about it, manfrr's test them fairly well before production. True, an occasional slip up here and there, but if Kors had one, you'd know it by now.

The shift 1 and 2 are different performing skates. Pick the one that fits your style best. The Kor has been out for a long time with no big issues as far as construction, durability or performance. Some have problem with fit, but that goes for any skate.

I'd say the ankle issue was bad enough. At least 5 members on here had that problem. We'll see when Shift2 comes out though.

Please explane. I didnt know anything about the ankle issue. Whats the issue? Also, do you sell these? I'd like to try them on when I'm in town.

i've had my kors for a few weeks now and i've been very happy with them but they do fit very snug for me. it's ok when i'm on the ice but when i'm walking around i wish i had gotten an extra half a size. i would say the width of the skates is about a D cause i still had to push the toe cap out a bit even after baking. the toe cap on the kors are plastic just like most other skates so it won't mold to your foot.

The seam in the ankle sometimes hurts me, sometimes not. It's not very painful, but occasionally is slightly annoying. If it's acting up, I just put a little tape around my ankles where it rubs.

It's nothing that would stop me from recomending the skate, but Kor should fix it on all new skates, IMO.

i've read a lot about this problem but i haven't had any problems with it at all with that area.. i do however have some beef with the tongue though as it can be a bit thin so i had to use my gell pads.

A few members had ankle rubbing issues. 

No, but I believe we will be carrying it.

When do think you'll be getting them. The new shift 2 looks great.

This might be a silly question, but did you guys heat mold your skates in bare feet or with socks on?

Also, any of you Kor owners have narrow heels? I'm wondering how moldable the heel area is in case the heel pocket is too wide for my narrow heels.

I should be heading to Montreal in a couple weeks to hopefully get a pair of Shift1s so I'd like to have some better ideas of the skate beforehand. Thanks!

I think you're supposed to wear whatever you wear under your skates when heat molding. Thats what i was told when the guy who did mine told me to do. No he's not some 16 year old kid, he actually know's what he's doing.

Socks on just like I would wear in a game.

Yes, the heel should form exactly to the shape of your heel. This is one of the aspects of the skate that I found to be superior. I've never had a skate form to my foot that well and actually lock my heel in.

Socks on just like I would wear in a game.

Yes, the heel should form exactly to the shape of your heel. This is one of the aspects of the skate that I found to be superior. I've never had a skate form to my foot that well and actually lock my heel in.

If you have a smaller heel, you should make sure that you squeeze the boot around the heel to help lock it in as part of the fitting.