Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BK

Ever Drop your gloves against a teammate?

Last night, we had a little drop-in session.. it was a smaller group (3v3, 1 goalie) and with our already big sheet of ice, it was a little frustrating with some of the newer players dumping the puck everytime they got it :S

Anyways, there was this 1 guy who was always screaming at everybody.. he was a fairly new player but thought it was his job to scream at everybody what to do. Sometimes he would even go as far as to start screaming that he was open and to pass it to him when YOU are in the offensive zone and he is still chugging to the blueline :blink:

Well, after about an hour of his "coaching" I had had it.. I dropped my gloves and I bloodided them up a little bit.

I was kicked off the ice for the night and almost broke my Harrow V3 (not an easy thing to do.. those things are tough).

Have you ever dropped your gloves against a team mate or somebody on your team? We have had scuffles in the locker room, but nothing like this.. I wanted to beat the brains out of this guy.

LMAO I would have loved to see that, i normally just laugh at people like that or try to make them look stupid, but more importantly......Did you win? :D

I think I won.. nobody hit the ice and he got a few shots off too. I got a bloody lip and im sure I at least broke his nose and gave him a good shiner.

The worst part is trying to work.. my knuckles are killing me and I have a nice cut on my right hand from one of his teeth.. The scab keeps opening when I use my mouse.

The worst part is trying to work.. my knuckles are killing me and I have a nice cut on my right hand from one of his teeth.. The scab keeps opening when I use my mouse.

Now that makes it all worth it..

All that over a drop-in session. I can see scuffles with teammates, things can get pretty heated during a practice, or differences of opnion. But, over a drop-in. I would think it would have pissed him off more by people just not passing to him and maybe he wouldn't return to play again.

Do they call penalties for teammates fighting each other in a game :P Think I might have to give that a shot in the adult league I'm in just for the heck of it.

Do they call penalties for teammates fighting each other in a game :P Think I might have to give that a shot in the adult league I'm in just for the heck of it.

It would depend on if you were on the ice or on the bench.

BK,

We have guys like that show up once in a while. Usually they are at best "average" players.

I hate when you get the guys that try to direct other guys how/where to play. Usually they are wrong, and it's not like anybody is a noob at our rink.

Anyways, good job, that guy sounds like he deserved it.

-Chris

That kind of moronic behaviour would have gotten you banned from our rink for quite a while. It's one thing to stand up for yourself if someone takes a dangerous cheap shot at you, but beating someone up just because you don't like his attitude? It'll be interesting to see if he presses charges.

That kind of moronic behaviour would have gotten you banned from our rink for quite a while. It's one thing to stand up for yourself if someone takes a dangerous cheap shot at you, but beating someone up just because you don't like his attitude? It'll be interesting to see if he presses charges.

This wasn't a one way thing.. we both dropped our gloves. Its not like I just started beating on some kid on the ice. If he presses charges, I will too.

p.s. plus you can't press charges unless a police report was filed..

P.s.s.

filing a police report for a mutial fight when playing hockey is "moronic"..

Its an agressive sport and fights happen... Im sorry that you ban people from your rink for fighting, but honestly if thats your policy then I doubt I would be playing on your sheet in the 1st place.

P.s.s.

Its an agressive sport and fights happen... Im sorry that you ban people from your rink for fighting, but honestly if thats your policy then I doubt I would be playing on your sheet in the 1st place.

Buddy you just bragged about fighting a guy on your own team at pickup hockey because he was talking too much and annoyed you. I wouldn't be calling anything else "moronic" for a long long time.

It's an aggressive sport up to a point - you were playing 3 on 3 drop in with a bunch of beginners.

haha, I've seen a few scuffles in pick up games, nothing where somebody would have got their nose broken though.

What I usually do if players start bitching about not getting passes is I will fire the puck as hard as I can at them several times, not slappers or anything just as hard as I can possibly pass it. 95% of players at drop in aren't going to be able to take a really hard pass anyway, so when the guy keeps missing them I'll start screaming at him to learn how to take a fucking pass. That usually shuts them up.

haha, I've seen a few scuffles in pick up games, nothing where somebody would have got their nose broken though.

What I usually do if players start bitching about not getting passes is I will fire the puck as hard as I can at them several times, not slappers or anything just as hard as I can possibly pass it. 95% of players at drop in aren't going to be able to take a really hard pass anyway, so when the guy keeps missing them I'll start screaming at him to learn how to take a fucking pass. That usually shuts them up.

That's a much better way of handling those types of players. They start to look bad and they'll usually shut up. If that doesn't work I just stop passing to them. Fighting at drop-in because a guy is bad and talks to much is dumb. Players who talk and "coach" to much are annoy but their not worth fighting.

P.s.s.

Buddy you just bragged about fighting a guy on your own team at pickup hockey because he was talking too much and annoyed you. I wouldn't be calling anything else "moronic" for a long long time.

It's an aggressive sport up to a point - you were playing 3 on 3 drop in with a bunch of beginners.

I wasn't trying to brag.. just wondering if anybody else has been in a scuffle with a teammate. He wasn't "talking too much", he was screaming at people, swearing to the real new players and being very aggressive for a NO-check drop in session. It was 3 on 3 with Me, a teammate from our team, him, a semi-rookie and 2 guys who have never played hockey before.

I guess I should elaborate a little more.. I kinda look like a goon.

-He was swearing at everybody, new or not.. you dont need to scream those kinds of things to your mates on the ice.

-We told him to stop several times. He just returned with a very polite "fuck off".

-We were trying to wing the new guys (I never took it all the way down the ice, I would try to get it to the new guys to make sure they had a good time).. its hard when this asshole would get his shoulder into the greenies and poke check them as soon as they got the puck

-I wasn't planning on fighting him till he came after me, I asked him to play his game down a little for the new kids and he decicided to take his agressions out on me reminding me that this was OPEN dropin.. not beginners or advanced. After he started pushing around one of my TEAM teammates, I went in to put an end to it and ended up getting into a little scuffle while trying to cool down my TEAM teammate. He shoved me away with his stick and continued with his language. I admit that I have a short fuse, but it was spent much eariler in the game and my patience was wearing thin too.

-after a few more words were exchanged and he took a swing with his stick at one of the NEW KIDS who were just trying to talk everybody down I had had it.

I think I was in the right for doing what I did.. if you disagree, im sorry.

I probably would have fought him, it's hockey. If fighting gets your panties in a bunch I can probably find some figure skating message boards you might be more comfortable with.

Anyone acting like a complete jerk-off in a game of THREE on THREE deserves to get beaten up, I mean c'mon it's 3 on 3.

yeah we were playing 3 on 3 half ice yesterday... well i fired a pass at this kid and it went across the redline, so the figure skaters got their panties in a wad and made us leave... then this 8yr old goalie starts cussing at me and i popped him once in the nose and it knocked his head into the glass.

fun stuff definitely@

Though I have never dropped the gloves with a teammate, there is definitely some battles that happen. Everyone is competitive as long as you leave it on the ice, thats fine. If it goes furthur than that, it might be time to rethink where you are with your game.

-dave

-He was swearing at everybody, new or not.. you dont need to scream those kinds of things to your mates on the ice.

-We told him to stop several times. He just returned with a very polite "fuck off".

-We were trying to wing the new guys (I never took it all the way down the ice, I would try to get it to the new guys to make sure they had a good time).. its hard when this asshole would get his shoulder into the greenies and poke check them as soon as they got the puck

-I wasn't planning on fighting him till he came after me, I asked him to play his game down a little for the new kids and he decicided to take his agressions out on me reminding me that this was OPEN dropin.. not beginners or advanced. After he started pushing around one of my TEAM teammates, I went in to put an end to it and ended up getting into a little scuffle while trying to cool down my TEAM teammate. He shoved me away with his stick and continued with his language. I admit that I have a short fuse, but it was spent much eariler in the game and my patience was wearing thin too.

-after a few more words were exchanged and he took a swing with his stick at one of the NEW KIDS who were just trying to talk everybody down I had had it.

That makes for sense, now that you explained the situation. I hate it when those type of players won't take a hint. Even when you tell them to calm down, they keep doing stupid stuff. That sucks that someone screws up a fun drop in session for everyone else.

The only time I have seen a team fight was when I was playing high school hockey. It was my second season and I was playing on the JV team. The Varsity goalie was playing for us and was doing a terrible job. The JV coach pulled him and put in the backup JV goalie. The Varsity goalie came to the bench, told the coach to f*#% off, then threw his helmet at him. About half the team tried to fight him, but the coach stepped in and stopped it. The goalie got sent to the locker room. Fortunately it happened on the bench so we didin't get any penalties.

yeah we were playing 3 on 3 half ice yesterday... well i fired a pass at this kid and it went across the redline, so the figure skaters got their panties in a wad and made us leave... then this 8yr old goalie starts cussing at me and i popped him once in the nose and it knocked his head into the glass.

fun stuff definitely@

This is getting better and better. Now we have a tough guy taking it out on an 8-year old. But that's all cool in the name of hockey, right? It's an agressive sport and anything goes, right? As long as you keep it on the ice, it's good, right?

That makes for sense, now that you explained the situation. I hate it when those type of players won't take a hint. Even when you tell them to calm down, they keep doing stupid stuff. That sucks that someone screws up a fun drop in session for everyone else.

The only time I have seen a team fight was when I was playing high school hockey. It was my second season and I was playing on the JV team. The Varsity goalie was playing for us and was doing a terrible job. The JV coach pulled him and put in the backup JV goalie. The Varsity goalie came to the bench, told the coach to f*#% off, then threw his helmet at him. About half the team tried to fight him, but the coach stepped in and stopped it. The goalie got sent to the locker room. Fortunately it happened on the bench so we didin't get any penalties.

I agree. Your actions are a lot more understandable now than what your initial post sounded like. Sounds like you were sticking up for some guys, especially beginners. I still prefer non-violent approaches, but I definitely take back the the 'moronic'.

P.s.s.

I wasn't trying to brag.. just wondering if anybody else has been in a scuffle with a teammate. He wasn't "talking too much", he was screaming at people, swearing to the real new players and being very aggressive for a NO-check drop in session. It was 3 on 3 with Me, a teammate from our team, him, a semi-rookie and 2 guys who have never played hockey before.

I dont see anything wrong with that at all. I think you did the right thing.

P.s.s.

I dont see anything wrong with that at all. I think you did the right thing.

here here!! good job, you did the good thing to do. /salutes

well the 8 year old plays on the pewee aaa team so he thinks he's good, but there really is no difference between average and good players at that age. he needed a lesson anyway, he is a poor sport all the time to me.

i don't wanna look like a goon, he had it coming.