Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BK

Ever Drop your gloves against a teammate?

a few years back just in a fall/winter house league there was this one guy that I just could not get along with, same as the rest of the team. he thought he was a gift to the world of hockey and really all he was, was an elbowing goon that needed to learn to skate, i was on the first line along with 2 guys that really knew how to make a play, each one of us set eachother up for so many goals we each individually had more goals than the rest of the team combined. well one game this guy decides he deserves to be on the first line and while the center and left wing already came off i was waiting for my man to get off and this guy comes down the bench from the end at his 4th line spot and thinks he can push me down and take my spot, right in front of the coach, and i shoved him back, of course, and he takes a swing at my cage, and my winger came for me to relieve and he tried to jump off, half way off the bench i punch him in the head knocking off his helmet and having him land his ass on the ice, my coach flipped out at him, opened the door and drug him onto the bench by his shoulder pads and sent me out, benched him the rest of the game. it was hillarious, i scored the game winner and then the next shift got kicked out of the game for fighting, not with him though, haha. thats my story...

16 and i play AAA for the JR. Hurricanes so i am much better than him.

Hate to burst your bubble kid, but playing AAA hockey in NC doesn't make you all that good period.

okay enough about my scrap with the kid. so why doesn't aaa in nc make me any good?? i got picked round 8 by red deer/WHL but they told me they liked me and wanted me to play another year of aaa and then come play for them.

16 and i play AAA for the JR. Hurricanes so i am much better than him.

Hate to burst your bubble kid, but playing AAA hockey in NC doesn't make you all that good period.

okay enough about my scrap with the kid. so why doesn't aaa in nc make me any good?? i got picked round 8 by red deer/WHL but they told me they liked me and wanted me to play another year of aaa and then come play for them.

It doesn't matter when in the draft you're taken. You can very easily play or not play for the team.

I know kids who have been taken 50th overall and never played a game in the Dub, then again, I know kids who were signed free agents and went on to be a high NHL draft.

Also, being drafted by a team like the Rebels gives you a BIT more of a chance...because they suck.

A team like the Tigers has 3 players leaving and they have tonnes of 16 year olds playing so if you're a MH draft pick...kinda screwed.

I'd say show up for training camp and you'll find out... but wow...

Why do kids lie? Red Deer hasn't selected an American in the last 4 years. Only a handful of Americans have been drafted in the WHL draft in the last 4 years (as in less than 10) and they're all from the western US. There isn't much of a premium on American born players in the western provinces, they've got more than enough home grown talent to waste imports on guys not named Modano. So unless you're magically playing both AAA in NC and Bantam in BC or AB at the same time, nice try. You could have at least made it believable and said you went in the OHL draft, where there are more Americans; and there was a chance they saw you somewhat regionally.

okay enough about my scrap with the kid.  so why doesn't aaa in nc make me any good??  i got picked round 8 by red deer/WHL but they told me they liked me and wanted me to play another year of aaa and then come play for them.

I'd say show up for training camp and you'll find out... but wow...

Why do kids lie? Red Deer hasn't selected an American in the last 4 years. Only a handful of Americans have been drafted in the WHL draft in the last 4 years (as in less than 10) and they're all from the western US. There isn't much of a premium on American born players in the western provinces, they've got more than enough home grown talent to waste imports on guys not named Modano. So unless you're magically playing both AAA in NC and Bantam in BC or AB at the same time, nice try. You could have at least made it believable and said you went in the OHL draft, where there are more Americans; and there was a chance they saw you somewhat regionally.

First off, American picks aren't import picks anymore.

Thats why they have the European draft.

Secondly, the Rebels picked Andrew Lefebvre from Winnipeg in the '05 bantam draft and Hamilton Steen from Winnipeg in the '06 bantam draft. Both in the 8th round.

And lastly, NC (I'm assuming North Carolina) is not on the WHL draft area. It is out of their jurisdiction. It's OHL jursidiction.

The Western Hockey League has teams in four Provinces (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia) and two States (Washington and Oregon). Players who reside in Alberta, B.C., Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Yukon, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming are protected for the WHL and are eligible to be listed by WHL clubs through regular WHL listing procedures. Top level players will develop through the various age groups of hockey and in the year of their 16th birthday, become eligible to play in the Western Hockey League. Players can begin playing, and continue to play in the WHL until the year of their 20th birthday, after which they graduate from the Major Junior ranks.

i'm aware that NC is out of the whl area... i missed the ohl draft. i have a friend on myspace that used to live here in nc and he moved to AB, so he let me use his address to register for the draft so they thought i lived in canada. so yeah. but they told me to go home, so i'm still playing aaa here in nc, and thats all right now... okay...

I am remember last year i was at a AAA tournament called te Spud in pei and i was in bantam and there was a AAAminor midget game before us and the ref kicked out two players on the same team because tey got into a fight after the whistle it was messed and after they had to go into the dressing room togeter i wonder how that went. :lol:

i'm aware that NC is out of the whl area... i missed the ohl draft. i have a friend on myspace that used to live here in nc and he moved to AB, so he let me use his address to register for the draft so they thought i lived in canada. so yeah. but they told me to go home, so i'm still playing aaa here in nc, and thats all right now... okay...

you're 16..so that makes you either an 89 or a 90. Unfortunately for you, the Rebel's 8th rounder in 2004 (89's) was from BC and their 8th rounder in 2005 (90's) was from Saskatchewan.

got eim

you're 16..so that makes you either an 89 or a 90. Unfortunately for you, the Rebel's 8th rounder in 2004 (89's) was from BC and their 8th rounder in 2005 (90's) was from Saskatchewan.

got eim

well the 8 year old plays on the pewee aaa team so he thinks he's good, but there really is no difference between average and good players at that age. he needed a lesson anyway, he is a poor sport all the time to me.

i don't wanna look like a goon, he had it coming.

theres a HUGE DIFFERENCE in ref 8 year old hockey- AAA 8 year old hockey,, its the difference between not being able to stand up and skating liek a little machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your 16 he is 8.

would u like a 24 year old kicking your asS?? because that would be the same

Maybe y'know.. just rename this topic "Thrash Domileaf28". He knows he's done something wrong and he's apologised so just drop it guys.

When i playd AAA midget, i was getting picked up as a minor batam, and this one kid kept on slashing the shit outta me during practice, and kept calling a bunch of shit ass names,i didnt get much ice time but i went on during the drill, when the coach told me too i went to the faceoff.. and buddy slashed me behind the legs do before the coach dropped the puck.. so i looked at him at he said watcha gonna do you lil pussy..... I dropped both gloves, ripped his cage right off the helmet and like 2 secs later got the bucket off thru a good 6 punches, i came out of the fight with one strap undone, i broke his two front teeth his nose, gave him a good shinner to top it off, felt so proud cuz he was 3 yrs older the me lol... even thow i didnt get picked up after that i couldnt care less

havent read through these 5 pages, but something kinda funny to add.

last year on aa travel, anther team dropped the gloves on his own teammate WHILE we were playing them. it was awsome.

it was over playing time also. !?!?!?! one kid jumped on the ice instead of him and the coach "ok'd" it so the kid went nutz on his own guy. what a scene it was.

Yes I have against a good friend of mine. During summer adult league, this kid was running everyone, taking shots at the goalie, shooting his mouth off. He high sticked me (on accident but it still pissed me off) and gave me a pretty nice black eye, so I jumped him. I didn't kick his ass because four or five guys jumped in before anything could happen. I didn't feel bad about it, and I even told his mom after the game that she needed to discipline him further. She laughed. I was serious.

well the 8 year old plays on the pewee aaa team so he thinks he's good, but there really is no difference between average and good players at that age. he needed a lesson anyway, he is a poor sport all the time to me.

There is no way someone can talk about punching an 8 year old just because he mouths off and come off without sounding like an idiot. Unless, of course, you are 8 years old or younger. You pop a little kid because you say HE'S a poor sport ? I don't care what he says, an 8 year old does not have anything "coming" from anyone who is not his parent. If YOU were a good sport you would have just laughed at the stupidity of a little kid and skated away.

How old are you ?

well the 8 year old plays on the pewee aaa team so he thinks he's good, but there really is no difference between average and good players at that age.  he needed a lesson anyway, he is a poor sport all the time to me. 

There is no way someone can talk about punching an 8 year old just because he mouths off and come off without sounding like an idiot. Unless, of course, you are 8 years old or younger. You pop a little kid because you say HE'S a poor sport ? I don't care what he says, an 8 year old does not have anything "coming" from anyone who is not his parent. If YOU were a good sport you would have just laughed at the stupidity of a little kid and skated away.

How old are you ?

We've already discussed this. TONS OF TIMES.

Its done.

Nothing against anyone in the post ... really.

But this is kinda lame. Dont you guys have to work on Monday's?

I see this crap almost every week at pickup so I dont want to read more about it.

Thanks folks.