Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dangles

Fifa World Cup 2006 Germany

the response of zidane at canal+ have been made, if anyone care,

I won't translate it but you could for sure found some info in english.

Zidane is Algerian born...Apparantly speaking words against an Algerian man's family (especially Mother or Sister) is a HUGE disrespect...way worse than North Americans treat it.

I saw ZZ's comments on TSN (translated) Although Materazzi says he didn't say anything about Mom/sis....ZZ says he said it once, and he walked away and Materazzi repeated it 2x...that's when he hit him.

ZZ's best line:

"I can't say that I regret what I did, becasue that would mean that what he said was okay and I can't say that."

The more I see the clip....I'm amazed that Zidane didn't hurt HIMSELF....

The youtube version of the same video that was posted yesterday had a better soundtrack.  :rolleyes:

Ahhh booo, a repost.

I havent read all 19pages of this crap. Soccer is a pussy sport anyway.

I'll contribute to this thread, however.

http://addictingclips.com/Content.aspx?key=6EC2A897F32458F4

Enjoy

Fun...5700 Red Cards. FIFA would LOVE me.

My 2 cent.

Well when Totti spitted on Poulsen, when De Rossi elbowed the American guy everybody here (people and press) just say "they are idiots and deserve suspension".

Even Totti tryed to say "i was provoched" but nobody cared, he behaved like an idiot and that's it.

To me it's the same for Zidane, you cant retaliate on your own, in hockey if you want you can fight, in soccer no. Well you can but you will be suspended for a lot of time.

If you believe Zidane has done right well also Bertuzzi may have done right.

If you believe Materazzi is a bastard you may not be wrong. But just think how much time you have been provoched in your hockey/sport life.

Because i've heard way worst frases than that. Wasnt a thread abaout trash talking?

http://tsn.ca/tsn/news_story.asp?id=171094

"...CONTRARY TO THE ETHIC OF THE SPORT" Is he still talking about soccer??????

Either they take away the golden ball for what he did or they have to take away the world cup for what was said to him. It's a no-brainer.

Dumbest comment. The Golden Ball is selected byt he media during the final game, so that's out. Second trash talking happens in every sport chadd, even if he is muslim and it offends his religion (which I heard on the radio), you think this was the first tiem he' been shit talked? Buddy you play professional soccer, the most racist game on the planet, with neo nazis in crowds, and players saluting them, its just despicable. If after a long career the only time he was shit talked was in the world cup final, when thats a lie. The guy is a freaking nut, disgrace, and embarassment. He head butted 2 other guys, and stomped on one in the past. Been ejected 13 times in his career, obviously he's troubled. Plus he didnt even deserve the golden ball, he wasn't the leading scorer, and was suspended for a game.

The golden ball isn't for the top scorer and isn't for the sportsman like player

He captained a team to the final and played every game really well

i disagree.

i thought he played ok up to the knockout stages and thats when we saw his talent

The golden ball isn't for the top scorer and isn't for the sportsman like player

He captained a team to the final and played every game really well

i disagree.

i thought he played ok up to the knockout stages and thats when we saw his talent

I agree, he had a so/so group stage, being suspended for one of those games, played excellent in the knockout stages.

If Jurgen Divesman had put Kahn in like he should have all along, germany would have the cup, Klose with the golden boot and Kahn with the golden ball.

Stupid move by klinsman, he wanted to make the team his own, thought if he left the captain in, older players would gravitate to him, so put lehmen in.

Kahn may have had a mediocre season, but is still one of the best goalies in the world, as he proved with his play in the third place game

Comparing what Bertuzi did to what Zidane did is just assinine.

This whole tournament sucked. I love football but FIFA is a joke. 100's of yellow cards most of which were garbage. Too many important games on penalties (which as Stephen Colbert said is like deciding a basketball game by playing horse) and WAY too much flopping and diving. Get the hell up for god's sake. You're NOT hurt and you look like an ass when you come back on 10 seconds after being stretchered to the sideline. Have any of these guys got even an ounce of friggin' pride?

Their pride isn't from taking a tackle and getting up, it's by diving in the box so that they get a penalty shot and win.