Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dangles

Fifa World Cup 2006 Germany

Of course. Half of the time, the grab their knees or shins when it was their ankle, hell, even their shoulder. They play with the worst attitude. If someone taps them they go down. Exactly why I have my signature in my profile.

"To all you divers out there, I say. Enough! This is not Joga Bonito. Even if you get up, your dignity will forever remain on the floor. If you want to be an actor, then, move to Hollywood." JogaBonito

YES THAT WAS AMAZING!!

I definately thought it was going to penalty kicks. Two awesome goals.

BRING IT ON!

We have Italy in the final, now have to wait to see tomorrow.

If im not mistaken, don't we have a 'delpiero' on the boards here aswell? Any relation? :P

i mean all the diving you see is just terrible. Even if they arent diving, when they do tangle legs and fall they sit on the ground and cry like babies. If that was hockey they would jump right backup.

If it was hockey, they would fight through the contact. If they actually played like men I could actually watch the sport.

i mean all the diving you see is just terrible.  Even if they arent diving, when they do tangle legs and fall they sit on the ground and cry like babies.  If that was hockey they would jump right backup.

If it was hockey, they would fight through the contact. If they actually played like men I could actually watch the sport.

It's not like that everywhere. Up here in Canada, I know we're not a soccer hotbed, but their is skill, diving just has no place. Team mates don't appreciate nor does the ref, fans and opposition. You seldomnly someone dive, and usually when they go down and they clutch something, they're hurt.

If im not mistaken, don't we have a 'delpiero' on the boards here aswell? Any relation?

NO. Sadly HE stole MY last name. :lol: (I'm a A.C. Milan supporter...)

Anyway it's since i'm a kid i dont understand why players remain on ground cryng.

I can understand diving (i dont agree but can understand), you dive you get free kick for your team but then get up! they didnt shoot you! You wont save your dignity remaining on the ground cryng! Bah...

Cant say too much about Italy Germany game. Too biased...

Looking forward to see Portugal Vs France, this must be an interesting game, expecially if France understimates Portugal, we will see.

It's not like that everywhere. Up here in Canada, I know we're not a soccer hotbed, but their is skill, diving just has no place. Team mates don't appreciate nor does the ref, fans and opposition. You seldomnly someone dive, and usually when they go down and they clutch something, they're hurt.

Sadly even our kids watching the pros are starting to consider diving an option, not a good thing but an option... :ph34r:

France against Italy in the final, hopefully they can pull it out for Zidane.

Sucks to see Portugal lose but at least it was to France in an entertaining game between my two favourite teams. Ronaldo will really be something in a few years, he dominated today despite the circumstances.

Ronaldo will really be something in a few years, he dominated today despite the circumstances

but only if rooney will not smash him in to two pieces :D

well for me it was a sad moment after the game yesterday after italy wins, thats sport. after all the italians were a little more cool and i guess the german team did a good job. well the party over here is quite on the way to the summit and after we (hopefully) win the game for the third place against portugal (very hard). so the big game takes part on sunday, i would support zidane it could be a very big final for him, world champion in his last game... what a story!

otherwise italy as a big football nation is waiting 24 years now, so i think they would deserve it to.

i am going to italy tomorrow for a little vacation, stay there till monday, so maybe i can party at sunday, and enjoy the tiffosi! :D

p.s. italy deserves it but i hate that friggin totti :angry:

FORZA AZZURRI!!

I hate Italy with a passion, too many people around here say Forza Italia without knowing what it means. Ask the next person that says it what it means, apparently around here it's popular to be italian. Go France Go!

I haven't watched every game or every team but Zidane seems to have an intensity that I haven't seen from other players.

p.s. italy deserves it but i hate that friggin totti

What killed dinosaurs, how the universe started, why Totti still plays for Italy...

big misteries... :lol:

I haven't watched every game or every team but Zidane seems to have an intensity that I haven't seen from other players.

true but zidane just now is very 'on' and 'off'.. this is his last game for France so my prediction he will play top class and then when he goes back to club football he will be terrible.

(im not sure if hes retiring from club football aswell though)

true but zidane just now is very 'on' and 'off'.. this is his last game for France so my prediction he will play top class and then when he goes back to club football he will be terrible.

(im not sure if hes retiring from club football aswell though)

The final will be his last game, for club or country.

I remember zidane from back in the day, he was more built, now he is lean and is playing better since the knockout stages than possibly anytime in his career.

He was so so in the group stages, but he wants to go out on top and is playing balls out since the final 16

The diving and remaining on the ground used to bother me more too. But everything else about top level soccer is so fun to watch that it seems like a gimmick to just give the players a rest, especially when they run that useless stretcher out there, have the four guys stand around and pretend like the guy actually will need help off the field and then just wave them back off again.

I never played soccer, but it seems like those tackles and kicks might be a lot more painful than it seems watching on TV: they have a sock over the leanest part of the body when their legs are already tired. Shots to the ankle area sting and while a lot of the going down seems to be exaggerated, it seems more valid now in my mind.

I agree with you. Its obviously exaggerated and probably hurts a little more than we think. You just have to realize they are getting their players rest and they use diving to get them an advantage(free kick). I used to hate it but now I just realize its part of the game no matter how dumb it may be.

it means It Forces the Blue

Thank you FreeTranslation. It means Go Blue.

I thought we should bump this topic as the finals are tommarow. My prediction 24-1 Italy.

Does anyone know where I would be able to get a live feed from the internet for the game tomorrow.. I have to work tomorrow and we can not get a good tv connection at all.. If anyone could help me out that would be great..