Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dangles

Fifa World Cup 2006 Germany

Zidane shouldn't retire. Cantona did worse 10 years ago and regained his legendary status after he came back from his ban. It'd be the only way for him to live down what happened.

what did cantona??

No matter what happend you have to give Zidane a red card. BTW, I think it was buffon that went to the linesman and told him to tell the ref.

yea, that accident was pretty weird, i mean all of the 4 ref didn't see it. This is why in my opinion nothing should have been called. Since when you listen to player to call a penalty??

The days that this thing will happend in hockey, it going to be fuck-all. And thing zinedine should have kick his butt once the game would have been finished.Or score the game winning goal.

As if a headbutt to the chest is going to do any damage. Not being a soccer guru I don't know what the options for the ref were, but a red card doesn't seem unreasonable for something so unsportsmanlike.

The ref could have given him a red card for the unsportsmanlike act or just have a drop ball which they did after ZZ was given the card

but the contreversy was if the ref looked up at the replay to see what happened and a card cannot be presented if the ref calls a penalty on what he saw via replay he must make a decision on what the ref saw

the ref did not see the linesman did so the ref made the decision on the word of the linesman who saw it happen

According to published reports, the person who saw the incident was the fourth official who had access to TV replays.

i guess zizou was also very surprised after he had done this, also there is absolutely no alternative thing than the red card.fifa said the 4th has seen it, so the decission was right, but i also think that the added time was not quite long enough, if this would have changed something in the game?

i loved the way zidane played soccer and i think he is a big guy but the entire soccer world knows that he has his "red alert moments"(about 15 red cards?!), but to blame him now for that is absolutely not necessary, cause he will be the most angry guy about this mistake.

and also if it is not normal in soccer to see some actions like this head butt i would make fighting mandatory, just kick the shit out of that pussys... (sorry JOKE) :D

i dont know what matterazzi said, it just doesnt mind, i think trash talk is normal in every game except chess or so, so zidane should have handled it and win that f***** game, cause he played a great tournament, and winning the world cup would be the big thanks for his career...

Yeh its exactley what he should have got, and there will be some kind of fine seeing as it was a high publicity international match fifa will allmost definaltley do something about this especially as he can't be suspended

one thing I want to remind people is that soccer players know how to headbutt something hard enough to cause damage... think how hard they head soccer balls into the net or even across the field. While i dont think he played it up, it probably hurt pretty good.

And btw, regardless of what someone says a player with class walks away. A player without class takes a cheap shot.

Just to add a little to this. It´s reported through german and british media that they have identified Matterazzi´s verbal provocation as "son of a dirty terrorist whore" and repeatedly "your sister is a prostitute" (Zidane is the child of north african muslim immigrants in case you didn´t know). As far as I know FIFA regulatons also state that a player may not receive a card through video replay. (I didn´t get if it was actually thew linesman who told the ref in this case). If video replay shows unsportsmanlike behaviour it is only possible to suspend a player after the game the incident took place not during the game. (Remember Totti´s spitting against Denmark during the Euro 2004?) Further the Fifa Regulations say that if evidence can be brought up against a player using racial slurs like Matterazzi supposely did his whole team can be disqualified because it was a playoff match. (If something like that happend during the group stage matches the team would have 3 points removed on the first incident, 6 on the second occasion and a ban from the tournament on a possible 3rd occasion. But knowing the FIFA they will not enforce their own rules in an event like that. Anyway....a player of Zidane´s calibre should have never ever no matter if above reports are true reacted like that.

Well according to our media, the first newspaper that says that Materazzi used racial insults is going back sayng that it was an error (maybe the "guardian" but i can be wrong). For what i can read from Materazzi mouth, he said that Zidane sister has an interesting job... :lol: Well not exactly but you understand.

Well as Zidane it's not new to this it was a long time that he didnt make such stupid things.

Interesting is as far as i know Zidane only did things like that when he was playn in Italy...

My only question is, why a headbutt? What made him think of that? Maybe it's me, but a Coco butt to chest wouldn't be the first instinct.

Maybe it's his thing. He's done it before. Five years ago, he was given a red card for headbutting someone. And eight years ago was given a red card for stomping on a player...

It seems to be the thing in soccer at the moment it happend 2x in this world cup, i also remember Dion Dublin being fined £6000 for doing it during a Premier league game also i think they are more likley to head butt as it is more easy to disguise as an accident IMO

Zidane shouldn't retire.  Cantona did worse 10 years ago and regained his legendary status after he came back from his ban.  It'd be the only way for him to live down what happened.

what did cantona??

Cantona jumped over the ad boards and kicked a Neo-Nazi supporter in the chest. The guy was heckling him.

Zidane shouldn't retire.  Cantona did worse 10 years ago and regained his legendary status after he came back from his ban.  It'd be the only way for him to live down what happened.

what did cantona??

Cantona jumped over the ad boards and kicked a Neo-Nazi supporter in the chest. The guy was heckling him.

If the guy was a Neo-Nazi, he probably deserved it

The vid of Materzzi.....he has a known history of cleating people in the balls.

Materzzi seems to be a dirty player...but I have watched a lot of soccer, you could probably get a similar highlight clip for almost any professional player

what did cantona??

If the guy was a Neo-Nazi, he probably deserved it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIH5LivGRxQ...ntona%20kung-fu

to all you who say matterazzi shouldnt have went down that easy, you know what italian soccer players are like they dont need any encouragement.

and Chadd was correct about the fourth official thing, and he also got told via the earpiece aswell.(the earpieces and microphones they wear.)

My only question is, why a headbutt? What made him think of that? Maybe it's me, but a Coco butt to chest wouldn't be the first instinct.

I have the same question, obviously these guys can head butt better than I could, but if you're going to draw a certain red card, why not just throw a punch ? Surely even soccer players still punch harder than they head butt, and, well, assaulting someone from that distance with a head butt just looks weird.

I have the same question, obviously these guys can head butt better than I could, but if you're going to draw a certain red flag, why not just throw a punch ? Surely even soccer players still punch harder than they head butt, and, well, assaulting someone from that distance with a head butt just looks weird.

Zidane played with a cast or wrist bandage on his right hand so I´m guesing he simply couldn´t have punched him even if he wanted to.

I have the same question, obviously these guys can head butt better than I could, but if you're going to draw a certain red card, why not just throw a punch ? Surely even soccer players still punch harder than they head butt, and, well, assaulting someone from that distance with a head butt just looks weird.

Zidane played with a cast or wrist bandage on his right hand so I´m guesing he simply couldn´t have punched him even if he wanted to.

OK, that makes sense, but he head butted an opponent at least once before this time. Was his hand hurt then too ?

After watching that video Zidane is now my favorite soccer player of all time.

AGREED!!!