Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hehatemefrisbee

tore my mcl tonght

Atleast, thats what I think. I was playing Ultimate Frisbee, and as I came down from jumping, my right foot stayed where it was in te ground, while the rest of my leg twisted. I heard something snap, very loudly, and I went down right away. I hate to admit it, but I was actually crying. It was seriously the worst pain i have ever fely. My dad drove me right to the hospital and i got x-ray's. They showed no bone damage so thats good. But they couldn tell whether it was torn or strained, so i have to go back to the hospital to get an MRI on monday. This sucks. But, they did give vicadin.and i dont have to go to work tomorrow, so i can watch the world cup.

That sucks man. Hope ya feel better. That is NOT fun.

But hey look at the bright side, you can sit on the couch and relax, pig out and watch the world cup all while using your friends and family as your personal servants ;)

That sucks man. Hope ya feel better. That is NOT fun.

But hey look at the bright side, you can sit on the couch and relax, pig out and watch the world cup all while using your friends and family as your personal servants ;)

lol, well that is the nice thing. I was going to have to watch the England game at work which was not appealing. So on the bright side, I can sit on the couch, and watch the game and relax.

you can sit on the couch and relax, pig out and watch the world cup all while using your friends and family as your personal servants

That's what I did when I dislocated my knee!!!

I didn't know playing frisbee could be so dangerous!

Hope you get better soon, I usually have a high tolerance for stuff but that really makes me cringe. Hope its not all in vain and you can get to see England win right?

Don't get on it too early, stick with physio, and pray you don't need surgery. That's all I have to say.

Two years ago in a pile up in front of the net my d partner knocked a kid over who fell right on my knee. My body twisted while my knee stayed there, I heard the same popping noise, almost like breaking the seal on a Snapple bottle. I needed to get an ambulance to take me off and ended up with a torn MCL and broken femur. Luckily I didn't need any surgery, but I was on crutches for about six months. My advice is to take your rehab seriously, that can make a huge difference in recovering quicker.

Sounds like you had a similar injury. Thats pretty much exacly how it happened to me. My foot stayed where it was, while my body twisted. And that sick snapping sound, like bamboo snapping. Thanks for the suggestions.

Ive done this many times. Ive torn my MCL and ACL on numerous occasions and have worn my Miniscus down to nothing. A knee injury is a good excuse to work out when your healed. If you dont want to feel that pain again, get in better shape. Rehabing that knee is the best way to prevent it from happening again.

But hey look at the bright side, you can sit on the couch and relax, pig out and watch the world cup all while using your friends and family as your personal servants wink.gif

i do that every day ;)

I partially tore my MCL a couple of years ago. I read up on it to find out all the info I could and there's three degrees of sprain. A grade 1 is just a stretch of the MCL and usually heals (also depends on age) within 2-4 weeks. A grade 2 is a partial tear and can take from 1 to 3 months (or more) to heal. A grade 3 is a complete tear and take up to 6 months to heal. I came back and played after 2 months but it didn't really feel like it was healed for about another 3 more months. Luckilly, if it's just the MCL and nothing else, that's one injury that will heal without surgery.

The way I did it? One of my most embarrassing momentts. I forgot to take off one of my soakers and my foot went sliding out on me. :rolleyes:

I hate to admit it, but I was actually crying.

Did crying make it feel better? JK.

Listen to what everyone else is saying and take rehab serious. The docs don't want to torture you, just trying to help you recover.