Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nem

Ice / street sticks

what type of stick do you use to practise your handling off the ice? I guess im talking about street hockey here, but I assume you cant use the same stick as you do on the ice...do I need to get 2 different sticks, one for off ice practise and one for actually playing with?

Ahhh IW curve=<333 I love that curve.

For me I use my Hex-1 shaft with a TPS Response ABS blade, which broke so I'm going back to the 1K IW blade...and getting one for my R+ shaft too.

If you dont have a thick wallet, do not use a composite blade outdoors. You wear tear through the composites and hit the foam insert(s) very quickly.

It will look like this after a couple uses:

jun1200016ts.jpg

^^Hope you use lots of tape! :D

I personnaly can't stand tape in indoor roller and outdoor it just catches too much

Nope...I don't take many shots, and when I do, no slap shots. I just stick handle and go through my legs and stuff.

synergy with a very small crack that i can't use on the ice anymore but is fine for shooting balls in the driveway and stickhandling

so what is the difference between an ice hockey stick and a street hockey stick? ive never played street hockey so i dont really know...

There arent really any "street" specific sticks, but mainly people dont use their high end sticks as it can really F them up so if you use a lower end wood/plastic bladed stick of some type you're all good to go

I reccomend a 2 Peice as I got through alot of blades and it just makes sense for me

Easton Cyclone and pretty much any woodie blade seems to be the poison of choice around here.

trust me on this, I've played roller hockey an asphalt for 8 years. the best all time street hockey blade was the montreal M95, but I don't think they make them any more. I've been using the ccm V40 blades for about a year, alot lighter, pretty damn durable. My LHS told me the 5.0 blade is basically the same blade made for tapered hosels, that will be my next move.